Beyond the sword the last expansion??

A better way think of this issue is by simply putting your money where your mouth is. Given your knowledge of Firaxis, the game industry, and previous Civilization expansions from II and III, would you bet $20 that another expansion will come out?

Hmm.. well I never said another expansion will come out.. only that it is possible. But I'm a risk taker and I'm willing to bet its more possible then not. So I say yes I your bet. I'll mail you 20$ if Civ5 comes out before another expansion. :goodjob:

:hmm: Can we see the evidence that it's better quality? Like, pics?

I'm planning on releasing pics and starting a fourm before the mod is complete. Most of the work I've done so far is an expanded medieval and future era. But at the moment I'm shifting gears and working on a currently released popular mod trying to gather together the best player created SDK/Phyton work.

Considering the past trend:

CivIII --------> 2001
CivIV --------> 2005
CivV --------> 2009?

I would say that is a good bet since Firaxis is working on Revolution at the moment. ;)

I would tend to agree that Revolution is the focus... but I also have a feeling that CIV4 made quite a bit more money than CIV3 and that this last expansion sold rather well... if the expansion sells it can brake trends.. I would hate to compare CIV to the Sims... but if the expansions are making money... lol

My bet is Civ5 in Jan. 2010. I think Revolution will slow them down a little, so probably not 2009.

EDIT: But then I just realized they'll probably want it out before xmas 2009, and I bet they'll rush and put out a not as good game!! :cry:

No way would it be released in January 2010... unless they are completely ******ed it would be Nov-Dec 2009.... or are they cancelling Xmas that year :lol:

Well they would have a different team working on Revolution than on the computer series. Some of the same members would of course be there but they would have to replace key members here and there. I know XBox360 is a Linux system, I mean.. it's a different operating system. Different code language. But beyond that the animation and style is completely different on a console. And beyond that Take 2 Interactive is out to make millions they can aford another team to make Revolution and just slap the CIV franchise logo on the front of it. I'm just saying they don't have to have any one "tied up" if they don't want to. Revolution is the focus right now only in profit. They want you to focus on Revolution so that you will buy it. When its sales start to slow... it's back to the windows series.

I think they would have announced it by now if there was. It would be quite hard for Firaxis to come up with an expansion after BtS qwhich added so much. Civ 5 is next and not for a while.
Agreed. It would be hard to top BTS, but it would be awesome if Firaxis tried. But I don't think they plan on releasing another expansion, they've got new ideas about Revolutions and V. Civ IV is a done deal.
AFAIK, there is not another "expansion" coming. But watch for an upcoming announcement from Firaxis.

:mischief:
WTF. (cries of joy ;))
EDIT: misread that I didn't see the "not". :(

Agreed. It would be hard to top BTS, but it would be awesome if Firaxis tried. But I don't think they plan on releasing another expansion, they've got new ideas about Revolutions and V. Civ IV is a done deal.

WTF. (cries of joy ;))
EDIT: misread that I didn't see the "not". :(

When you think about it there is no reason why they would announce a third expansion pack so soon. Sales of beyond the sword would go down. We know now that if you purchase beyond the sword, you get the assets that come along with Warlords. If a new expansion was announced a lot of people who have not yet purchased BTS would just wait until the next expansion and get the BTS content. So why announce anything before Revolutions sales play out.

Take-2 did report a net loss last year.. but I think they are in for a good year not because of Revolution but the next Grand Theft Auto.

I'd have thought the release of Civ 4 Complete would have been a hint.

It would be a super point if there was such a thing.... there is a CIV III Complete. And a CIV 4 Gold, Which contains Vanilla & Warlords but not BTS. :goodjob: CIV4 Complete will not be released until CIV 5 is released! Come on you guys! I'm trying to get you guys to think like a money hunger gaming gaint!

Right the sooner they wrap the sooner they can start puttin together a better foundation to stack editional X paks, ones more custumers can actually play with out excess deley.

I would think this is the last expansion.
I can't imagine Civ V any time before 2010 sadly.
I can live with BTS for that long.

Trudat Mintyfreshdeath.

Civ 4 Complete? Kinda says it all.

Plus I hope Civ 5 is at least a year away, I'm only up to Prince on BTS as it is!

It would be a super point if there was such a thing.... there is a CIV III Complete. And a CIV 4 Gold, Which contains Vanilla & Warlords but not BTS. :goodjob: CIV4 Complete will not be released until CIV 5 is released! Come on you guys! I'm trying to get you guys to think like a money hunger gaming gaint!

Actually I am quite sure that I have seen a game called Civilization IV Complete, and at least one Finnish game shop has it in their web pages (http://www.playerone.fi). According to them it has been published already 12th October 2007. It is said to include Civilization IV, Warlords and Beyond the Sword.

Top Bottom