BirdNES 3: When Worlds Collide

The few loud voices did not out number the quiet and content :(

Very sad this is being put on hold.

The few loud voices did not out number the quiet and content :(

Going to have to agree with this. Still, if you think those issues are worth addressing, then so be it.

Arg! Just when it was getting interesting!! Sorry to hear that Bird, I was really wishing the negative Nellies would have just taken their negativity and slunk away, leaving the rest of us to enjoy the NES you have built up so well.
I hope we see you back here soon.
Bard

I am putting this game on hiatus until further notice in light of its failure to live up to "community" standards for what constitutes "history".

I appologize to those who have enjoyed my self indulgent fantasy and I applaud and thank those who contributed to its story through your exceptional contributions in the thread and in your orders.

I will use my sudden wealth of free time to play PerfNES, do my taxes, sort of the ongoing confusion with rules and moderation, and enjoy spring.
Well, that was totally unexpected and contrary to basically everybody's expectations. I'm fairly sure that nobody seriously wanted you to stop running the NES.

I'm sad to see you stop, especially on such a whim. :(

Thanks all, I'll try to keep it short and have some seen and unseen improvements to report.

@Dachs: "Beware the law of unintended consequenes." They happen in NESes and in real life.

The specific criticism are not an issue for me; differing opinions about NESing are common and just that, differing opinions. Good games usually have players and bad ones don't. What I found disappointing were the mean spirited posts by a few people. It was a kinda "WTF, do I really need this!" moment. Intended or not, that is the way they came across. A break will do me good and since I have orders, I can work on update 8 at my leisure and reflect on the well-stated criticisms at my own pace.

Yes, don't bother with ing BJ. Retconning is insanity and you have a great NES anyways. A lot of NESers are quite mean and/or whiny (I used to be a bit whiny myself way back coz of adhd and Aspies). Have a nice break and thanks for the game so far!

Well I intend to send orders regardless! If everyone does this, Beej's NESing spirit will be restored :D

Yes, please send me any outstanding orders.

Everyone write awesome stories too!

Deal. :)

Please take good care of the orders I sent, I don't have any copy of them. : ) (Sorry)

Next round I will send you orders over MSN or something you find more convenient like Email maybe? I'm just trying to cut down my time on CFC.

Please take good care of the orders I sent, I don't have any copy of them. : ) (Sorry)

Next round I will send you orders over MSN or something you find more convenient like Email maybe? I'm just trying to cut down my time on CFC.

That seems counter-productive to nesing

I just limit myself to this forum (NESing) 95% of the time.

The specific criticism are not an issue for me; differing opinions about NESing are common and just that, differing opinions. Good games usually have players and bad ones don't. What I found disappointing were the mean spirited posts by a few people. It was a kinda "WTF, do I really need this!" moment. Intended or not, that is the way they came across. A break will do me good and since I have orders, I can work on update 8 at my leisure and reflect on the well-stated criticisms at my own pace.

So are you rebuilding anything or otherwise changing your model?

Mostly, I'm doing taxes. :p but I am thinking about improvements. To redo the economic system would mean a complete redo of the model. That's a pretty big step.

Hi Birdjaguar,

I just wanted to mention that your player base is still very much interested in hearing the next chapter of this grand epic and wait with bated breath for the next update.

Hope your hiatus is going well and that you are getting thoroughly sick of not moderating

:D

Top Bottom