Black Lives Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
They obviously know better what is going on than contre, who is a white kid.

I'm not speaking for African Americans. I don't know the situation better than my friends and family, who live it, so I trust what they tell me their experience is as African Americans. While no group of literally tens of millions of people will have the same experience and the same views, overall you're cherry picking your examples of activists because you agree with what they say, not because you think they're a representative sample of the African American population.

Hey, don't call it cowardice, that's incredibly mean-spirited. Not everyone likes to get into the rough-and-tumble of forum fights or politics.

Now I can't speak for Classical, nor do I speak for his views (which I don't agree on one bit!). However, there is nothing wrong with posting something and then leaving the discussion. I end up doing this a lot because of social phobia. I'll post my feelings regarding something and then fear ridicule from the responses. I end up regretting posting in the first place, but you can't take back posts (outside of visiting the thread and deleting them after the fact, which I also don't like to do). So I don't go back into the thread, hope people forget, and move on.

Calling it cowardice only encourages people like me not to post. If we don't conform then we can expect the full weight of the herd to come down on us. Not everyone can handle that, nor likes to handle that.

It's better to encourage more views rather than to shunt them away in favor of an echo-chamber. And you're not going to do that by creating a combative environment, where to discuss is war, and not discussing is tantamount to desertion.

I'm not calling him a coward for posting dumb crap. There's validity to the topic, even if I vehemently disagree with it, and there's room to discuss it. I don't see him discussing a thing. That's what I find cowardly: the OP isn't initiating a debate, it's just expressing bigotry. Bigots shouldn't be silenced, but they also shouldn't be given undue courtesy.

Moderator Action: Closed. The effect of BLM on policing and crime rates is a topic that merits discussion, but the OP and especially the title is excessively trollish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom