Blockade question

Ranos

King
First off, I am still play PTW. On to the question. I know how to blockade and I know it works when you are at war with the civ that you want to blockade, but if you are at peace with that civ but have an embargo against them, does a blockade work?

It might if their only trade routes must pass through your territory.
I am assuming that you mean a naval blockade. If they have an airport it would change things. A naval blockade is difficult to accomplish without starting a war.

I was at war with them and started a naval blockade. They have two neighbors, one I have an embargo with and the other I destroyed all roads linking the two civs. So I am just wondering if the blockade will stick. I also plan to sign a ROP so my blockading ships don't get kicked out. Would that nullify a blockade?

I was blocking all trade in, because they have to import iron and saltpeter. I've modded the game so that without any resources, you can't build anything more advanced than spearmen and archers. Its the mongols so they can still build the Keshik, but they can't build anything more advanced.

Even though I'm ready to end the war, only because of war weariness, I'm still cranky with them and want to prevent them from being able to build anything advanced.

I would definitely blockade their harbors if I could get away with it, but in the event it may not work (because of peace), I would try to take measures with the country (s) who might be trading with them.
If you are still at war with them, I would either take out their harbor or the city, or at least destroy all roads joining their harbor to the rest of the country.
Wish I had a definite yes or no answer. I've got to check this out myself.

EDIT - Normally in peace time, naval blockaids do not work, but there may be exceptions due to circumstances.

I made peace with them with a ROP as part of the deal, still had the embargo and my ships blocking their ports. It didn't work. They are getting Iron form another empire. I made Embargo deals with the other 11 remaining empires so they won't be getting saltpeter from anyone but that one civ, who refuses to make an embargo.

Once my ROP deal is up, I'm going to try surrounding their border, just to test it out and see if the embargo works then. I'm not very optimistic about it though.

Top Bottom