• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Blood and Iron

Disbanding units by Ai is mayor problem in scenarios - try to add some promotions and experience to units- it'll much less likely disband units. Build more villages and towns to increase incomes, more buildings adding cash in the cities.

Okay, what am I doing wrong here. I really want to play this mod, but I can't open it.

I downloaded it to BTS/Mods folder.
Extract the file.

Then start up Civ 4.
Go to Advanced, Load mod, click on BloodandIron
A few seconds later the Civ 4 BTS generic screen pops back up.
It has the "Unload Mod" selection, but there is no mod.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hi snafusmith,

i nearly fineshed the scenario i am working for. But its difficult to ballance it. The AI needs more income, otherwise the AI allways disband his Army.

The easiest way to do this is, to put a scenario-building (maybe a "War bond Council" or so) with a lot of extra-income in the mod. It cant be built, but can be set at the starting grid.
As you can see on the screenshot, it shoult give about +200 gold per round.

Spoiler :

Can you do this please. thanks

Other things that could be done is increase 'trade routes' buildings that start in the game. Also boosting civic's commerce and trade yield bonuses will help. I also added an industry(both light and heavy) which both add commerce. Also making the 'Designs' resource more valuble to tha AI, currently I can get it for free from any AI that is catious with.

So, anyone still on this?
i´d like to see this a bit more developed :)
This mod gives me a CTD at random points in the game, which sadly gives a windowsexception and no Civ specific error code ... any ideas here?
Thanks for y<our input and effort to finish this ^^

regards

HahnHolio

Hey don't tell me work on this is dead... :(

I played asdf's scenario. It is damn good but I have a few suggestions:
1) The starting situation isn't historically accurate. The Ottomans didn't join the war until October and Serbia should be with the Entente from the begiinning. So Britain/France/Belgium/Russia/Serbia vs Germany/Austria-Hungary in August 1914.
2) Increase all tech costs 5-10 fold... I played as Germany and finished the tech tree by December 1914.
3) This scenario badly needs the historical events that bring the other nations into the war. Ottomans and Bulgaria join the Central Powers. Italy, Greece, Romania, Portugal, and US join the Entente. I hope asdf manages to sort out the errors with the events! :)

I cant get seem to get the mod to work :( i load civ4bts then i load blood and iron but all i get is a regular interface with blood and iron on the top right. Waited so long... :suicide:

The installation is probably wrong.
Check the Blood & Iron folder.
In this folder, there should be a folder "Assets", an .ini file, and probably some stuff more.
If there is another Blood And Iron folder in the first one, then move everything from the second folder into the first folder. That should fix the problem.

Work is not dead. I'm devoting most of my time on working out the crashes and bugs. Italy now joins the war but gets a CTD after end turn. Even the Arab revolts for the Ottomans have a bug. Arab units don't spawn. USA (non-playable) can now join the war. But they die out easily. I'll be uploading it soon. I'm going to need beta testers.

Work is not dead. I'm devoting most of my time on working out the crashes and bugs. Italy now joins the war but gets a CTD after end turn. Even the Arab revolts for the Ottomans have a bug. Arab units don't spawn. USA (non-playable) can now join the war. But they die out easily. I'll be uploading it soon. I'm going to need beta testers.

I might be able to help out with testing. I'm not much of a coder, unfortunately, otherwise I would have made myself available on that end. I remember working on late-spawning Civs showing up via python events (my WWII mod). It did work alright, but it was for an earlier version of BtS. Perhaps the python coding that I used may be of help here. It's been so long since I worked on this, I'm not sure I'd be able to pinpoint it for you (whether it's of any use in this case).

I might be able to help out with testing. I'm not much of a coder, unfortunately, otherwise I would have made myself available on that end. I remember working on late-spawning Civs showing up via python events (my WWII mod). It did work alright, but it was for an earlier version of BtS. Perhaps the python coding that I used may be of help here. It's been so long since I worked on this, I'm not sure I'd be able to pinpoint it for you (whether it's of any use in this case).

Thanks. Maybe I could take a peek at the python coding and try it. Do you have a link to you mod?

EDIT:
NVM. I think it's in your signature.

Help! I've downloaded the mod, but after I've uploaded it an error report appears saying GFC Error: failed to inititialize primary control theme. what do I do!? (also it's doing that for most of the mods i download)

Hi first time poster. Just downloaded this very interesting mod, however i can't seem to get it to run. Am i missing something?

Actually as a Canadian and someone very familiar with our nation's history I can tell you that most who went to fight in World War I were volunteers. Conscription was only introduced sometime in 1917 and only a small portion of the soldiers went by this route. In fact, many conscripts reached Europe just in time for the war's end and never saw action. I am almost positive it was the same case for ANZACS. Maybe Indians were forced in? I don't know... :crazyeye:

You seems to forget the 1917 Conscription Crisis in Canada ;)

and what about a tile flipping system, so when unit go on an enemy tile they can claim it? I think i already see a mod that use that :confused:

Top Bottom