BMP to WBS Converter

hoyt said:
PS The color code for IVORY must be wrong, i have tried on five different maps and IVORY is always 0 and i know i put at least 15 marked on map.?

Hi hoyt. I don't have the same problem with IVORY as you do. Have you modified Default_B.bmp or any of the other Default bmp files in any way, or
even simply loading and saving them in a paint program?

Try to download a new copy of these files from the first page of this thread
and see if you're still having the same problem. I suspect that your IVORY
color code may be off, as you said.

Edit:

Ah, I see what's going on: as smellymummy pointed out in a post on
apolyton, the color code for IVORY is listed as (128,64,64) in the manual,
but (128,128,64) is used in Default_B.bmp and in the code itself.
Try using (128,128,64) for IVORY and see if that clears your problem.

cheers.

Gun Urra said:
Hi hoyt. I don't have the same problem with IVORY as you do. Have you modified Default_B.bmp or any of the other Default bmp files in any way, or
even simply loading and saving them in a paint program?

Try to download a new copy of these files from the first page of this thread
and see if you're still having the same problem. I suspect that your IVORY
color code may be off, as you said.

Edit:

Ah, I see what's going on: as smellymummy pointed out in a post on
apolyton, the color code for IVORY is listed as (128,64,64) in the manual,
but (128,128,64) is used in Default_B.bmp and in the code itself.
Try using (128,128,64) for IVORY and see if that clears your problem.

cheers.

OK will give it a try the next map i try to make, and thx.

I have downloaded this, and have tried and tried to get the Default Scenario to run, following the instructions in Chapter 5, and I keep getting to a screen that says "Waiting for Civ Choices" then after that it says Leader Description. Nothing else loads.

Please help me.

I just downloaded all the files per the tutorial, everything works fine.

All I have to say is WOW! What a lot of work to create a map!

I have an idea for a neat mod, and I have an existing actual map in several formats, but I'm not sure I have the time to perform the daunting task of converting it into CivIV...but we will see. I need to wait for the obsession to take hold of me and carry me headlong into the black hole...heh!

Nice work on the converter, and more importantly, on the tutorial.

Cheers

does this tool map maps 50X33 plots

However, I am having a little difficulty with my river map... I am able to paint in rivers quite nicely except something seems to be wrong with just one direction...when I paint a tile with (255,255,0) instead of southeast to northeast as stated, I am getting southwest to southeast and northeast, the same as (128,128,0). All other tile colors work out as expected except for the when I want the river to flow straight north.

If anyone is still supporting this program, could you tell me if this is a known bug, or what I might possibily doing wrong.

I apologize if this is somewhere in the posts, but does this utility convert a WBS file to a BMP? Is there some utility that does that, turns a WBS file into a graphic?

Thanks.

So I see others have got this problem too. I have Set Convertor options (and I set the height and terrain map), and I go to Convert, and I get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\BMPtoWBSConverter186.py", line 313, in OnStart
err = self.wxApp.ConvertBMP()
File "C:\Python24\BMPtoWBSConverter186.py", line 433, in ConvertBMP
self.HeightMap = image.open(self.HeightMap)
File "C:\Python24\lib\Image.py", line 1916, in open
raise IOError("cannot identify image file")
IOError: cannot identify image file

HELP!

Ive got a civ2/civ3 maps I'll like to convert to civ4 will this do it or is there another civ map convertor thats been done

This is a tool which converts bitmaps to wordlbuildersaves (thus BMP to WBS Converter). If your Civ2/3 maps aren't bitmaps then it won't.
You can take a deeper look into the Tools and Utilities-Section, but i don't think that theres such a tool which can convert Cvi2/3 maps to civ4 ones.

Top Bottom