BNW Download

fragata

Chieftain
So, this my be a stupid question, but how do I know when BNW is up and running and when I can download it. I know it should be available around 11pm CST, but where on steam do I go to make sure it downloads?

Sorry for the stupid question, I'm a newbie.

Apparently it should download itself shortly after midnight :)

You can see if steam knows you have BNW by going rightclicking in the library, properties and going to downloadable content

I have another question, if anyone happens to read this. How do I know if BNW has be pre-downloaded? Where in steam do I find that, and if it's not--how do I do that so I can play right away?

Thanks

Im not sure as im in the international crowd.

But try to go
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion\

sorry, I dont have the directory in front of me, so it may be a bit off.

if its not preloaded theres no way of getting it before hand.

I have steam installed to a non-standard directory but this is where I found my preload
T:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC

Launch Civ V, wait for the start screen and pick "DLC" at the bottom of the list - if you see BNW listed, you're ready to play it.

I must not have it. I looked where y'all told me and I found nothing related to BNW. Anyway, to pre-load it, or is it random?

Apparently in order to preload you needed to preorder on steam specifically, and more than a week or so ago.

Yes, BTS loaded for me within the first half hour after release and then I was good to go...no preload that time. Civ V did preload early IIRC.

If it downloads at midnight local time then Newfoundland would be the first to get it.
But I believe it's midnight EST.

Anyone get a key from GMG, yet? The website keeps telling me that I can't have one until release, but that kind of sucks since I can't get BNW to show up on Steam without the key and thus can't download anything in advance. :(

Top Bottom