BNW: is it still possible to win the science victory?

It would be interesting if the impact of the GP is less the longer you wait.

Obviously could be game-breaking, but it sort of makes logical sense.

Or at least that's how Great Musicians work.

I've accidentally won (or had to avoid voting for myself) multiple diplomatic victories while going for other sorts of wins. It's way too easy, and it makes the more interesting/rewarding victories either impossible to achieve, or something you can only get if you throw multiple world leader elections.

I think playing with Diplomatic Victory checked off may be the way to go for me from now on. At least unless this gets fixed.

if you don't sign RAs the AI will advance through the eras much slower. All games where I sign zero RAs, I win culture or science prior to the first vote. Unless you are talking deity, it's pretty doable.

Pretty much all my wins on diety end up being science victories heh.

Culture is something you have to plan out for and sort of sacrifice military and science for to some degree.

Domination can be pretty tricky on diety at least in my opinion.

Diplomacy sort of hard to get enough votes on diety since a lot of the time a lot of CS get captured esp if you have some1 like mongolia in your game and the AI on diety does maintain CS relations especially if there is like Siam or Greece in your game.

Science I find you basically want to push it all game regardless of what you are doing and diety is set up so that around flight you are up to par with the AI and then when you get your research labs up you blow by them because their massive early game advantages are faded out around this time. It could just be the way I play but I thing going heavy science is good strat since it gives you superior military units and infrastructure as well. Like having early war bombers and being one of the 1st to have a-bombs is HUGE. A-bombs are amazing on diety where the AI has the tendency to just mindlessly swarm you with units you can just AOE them all down ;) lol. Big part of the strat is paying the AI to gang up on the tech leader civ such as korea or bab to keep them in multiple wars and knocked down all game while I sneak in with the tech lead since certain are civs are programmed to prefer a certain victory type.

Not counting games where I'm acheivement hunting or dodging the diplo victory I did Science on Emperor once.

PS: when actively not winning the diplo victory, always remember to put enough votes for yourself that you come in first (or second) but not enough to win... the top vote getters get more votes to use in the future and you don't want the AI getting them. ;)

is there any good tutorial to win at higher level of difficulty? Atm, i can only play at prince level :blush:

Top Bottom