[BTS] BOTM 228: Hammurabi, Noble - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
BOTM 228: Hammurabi, Noble - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, particularly anything after 1AD

Did you win?

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 228 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

Hiya,

I left of building a huge army to roll over the AI. After Feudalism Wang was willing to vassal to me peacefully. From here on it was just going out to conquer the world with an ele- macepult assault. I never looked back and after finally reaching Bully with a veteran army of maces, elephants and cannons he capitulates last to reach a conquest victory at 1360 AD.
Meanwhile I only built TGL, MoM and Taj and farmed the crap of all the land I had to get more pop.
Nice and easy game for a change. Thanks @DynamicSpirit! :thumbsup:

The world was peaceful until I attacked Augustus in 620. The Roman Empire was conquered by 1000. WK peace vassaled to me in 1080, then I attacked Cyrus in 1270. He capitulated after I captured Persepolis in 1430. KK was next, attacked in 1450, vassaled in 1470 after the capture of two cities. Next in line was Joao. I pushed on until I had five of his cities, including Lisbon, before accepting his vassalage in 1535. Sitting Bull was stubborn; I had to reduce him to a single, one-pop city, before he threw in the towel and gave me a conquest victory in 1630.

Ah man, very depressing to read the previous two accounts. :(

Domination win, 1907. My old sickness haunted me: taking too long to prepare for war, and realising too late that I could have easily started each one 20 turns sooner.

Cats and maces for Augustus and Wang. Rifles and Cannons for Cyrus (who was still alive at the end on two cities, taken from the barbs on the small south-east island just as the war started). Infantry + Arty (wth a few late tanks) to force Kublai to capitulate which pushed me over the dom threshhold.

It was my first game in about 2 years, so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself. :)

@DynamicSpirit : got an error trying to submit.
Spoiler error :
Warning: ftp_login(): Login authentication failed in /home2/civgotm/public_html/utilities/connections.php on line 10
Can't log in to ftp server

1640 (AD ;)) Space
I was (accidentally) dangerously close to domination.
I can't even recall my last space race. I think this was my first 'state property' game vs corporations. I really prefer having a more advanced AI for tech trading. Researching all by yourself takes a long time.
I got lazy in the end and didn't build a 2nd engine, so that delays the win by 2 turns. I had built Cristo so I could have changed to slavery and set up a few whip overflows, but without that, I couldn't build all 4 of the 'hard' parts (2 engines, stasis, and life support). Again, if I hadn't been lazy, I would moved my Palace from the original coastal start. I didn't build any parts there.

@DynamicSpirit : got an error trying to submit.
Spoiler error :
Warning: ftp_login(): Login authentication failed in /home2/civgotm/public_html/utilities/connections.php on line 10
Can't log in to ftp server

Uh oh. I just got the same error message trying to submit BOTM 229. I'm using the Firefox browser. I heard they caused something funky after an upgrade of theirs, but I don't know if that's related.

Nope, I just tried uploading again using Chrome and I got the same message. :sad:

Last edited:
I also got that message, and used the alternative method of email listed on the page.

If that's not OK, I'll submit through the page when it's fixed. :)

upload_2022-1-20_10-51-1.jpeg

A gentleman named Alan Hart replied to me, and said he would upload it for me after he had fixed it.

He did, and then emailed me confirmation. Fantastic service for a gaming website all-round. Top bloke.

A gentleman named Alan Hart replied to me, and said he would upload it for me after he had fixed it.

He did, and then emailed me confirmation. Fantastic service for a gaming website all-round. Top bloke.
This is my top gaming website ever in terms of civility and good people. In fact top side of any type ever. And AlanH has been here forever and has been the rock behind the SGOTMs as long as I’ve been here. All hail AlanH!

Top Bottom