[BTS] Boudica of Ethiopia Emperor level. Always war to protect our sacred land.

Gumbolt

Phoenix Rising
View attachment 552486

Arise our latest challenge as Boudica of Ethiopia. How will she fare in this wheel of misfortune on an always war map?

With 8 cities we will try to conquer this would. All AI cities will be razed.

We vow never to use animals that have ivory as these are sacred to our lands and it would be against our values to risk such sacred life in combat when our skilled and aggressive army can tame the world. We will never the less defend ourselves should our enemies use them.

We are aggressive and charasmatic. A nation born to fight. We have steele which will provide our nation with happiness. We start with hunting and mining.

4 heathen Ai are out there all intent on destroying our great land.

For this great journey we have 3 players who will take on this mighty challenge in the hope of quashing all AI life out there. If all else fails our Oromo Warriors may need to come to our rescue.

Team list:
@Fippy
@lymond
@Gumbolt

Others?
@BornInCantaloup
@sampsa

The start

Attachments

• Boudica of Ethiopia BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Settings0000.JPG
    Settings0000.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 318
  • AWstart0000.JPG
    AWstart0000.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Looks a very generous start. AH likely our first tech?

We only go to war when an AI meets us.

Are we happy with the above rules?

The placing of the sheep is slightly frustrating. No obvious sea food in sight.

What a noob! No resource bubbles! :D

Yep I was thinking spices too. Too bad no hill to settle on but we can try to surround cap wit hill cities

I was thinking maybe Tonny could join if he wants

Okay people had replied I just hadn't noticed.

@Tonny Are you interested in playing?

Ooops forgot resource bubbles. Total Noob! lol Updated now.

I am worried we have too many happiness resources with our traits and UU too. I don't think that will be our main issue here.

If were going to settle spices safe to check south first with scout? Normally you would expect resources in BFC.

In which case 2N would be logical. (Travelling by coast) I was worried we might have corn on the grassland or cows on the plains to the south. 2 possible tiles resources could of been.

Not too worried about hills as the Ai will attack the cities they see. Our capital should be protected.

We may need archery here if we have no copper or horse.

Remember meeting AI here will mean we get a DOW.

Great stuff. The SGOTM could well start soon too. We'll see what we can do. This could be quite a tough save. As a team game there will be no reloads.

These maps work like a wheel. So The AI can travel through centre or round sides. I think we should be able to set up cities to block off our land.

I suggest moving the scout NW first onto the Sheep and NE next. Settling spices seems logical atm.

Think we need to decide who is starting this off. I think were agreed on the scout.

Sounds a plan. Let me move the scout via the sheep.

Anyone like spices? We have plenty!

So settle on lower spice? Game wants us to settle on the desert.

I would suggest settler 1N, Then consider 1W.

Attachments

• AW worker move0000.JPG
    AW worker move0000.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Southern spice seems good, although it will be non-coastal, no sharing of Sheep and Pig with another city. On the plus side we will have fresh water, no seafood killed and 2 floodplains to work too. Plenty of riverside cottages possible.
Could there be seafood 1S of the Gold?
Setller N first is good.

I think way discussion has gone we can probably make these moves. If no new resources appear I will move to the spice.

1N reveals gems. I would still settle on the spice. It would be in BFC anyway as on river.

A touch too many happiness/commerce resources here.

Okay moved to spice. I think we want AH as first tech. Cancel each turn for first 5.

Green to settle on spice?

Where to send scout? We can scout along coast for a few turns but ultimately need to explore our closed off sector of the map.

I assume worker first but sometimes you want a warrior for these maps. Maybe getting commerce and food is better? So worker first?

Attachments

• AWsettler0000.JPG
    AWsettler0000.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Holy super city, bright green to settle ;)
Sharing tiles will be less attractive in this game, since we can only have 8 cities. No room for helper cities.

I would keep the scout close, discovering only which areas we need for settler plans.
No use in alarming AIs early.

With this many food and commerce, research won't be a problem.
There's a lot to do for our Worker, so I agree with Worker first.
SoS is good too, speeds up initial research to key techs.
AH first is a must, after that BW is best imo.
Don't let the scout go too far. As you mentioned, we'll get an immediate DOW upon meeting anyone. I suggest scouting the area just N of the mountains and double back south to scout for new city spots.

Top Bottom