Boudica the Bad?

I changed my xml file so that the Gallic Warrior has + 10% vs. melee (I also did the same with the Jaguar). It makes the unit a little better for when you come across the occasional axeman or swordsman defending an enemy city.

if u play Civ u cant be a casual player lol its all or nothing.

Or some level in between. :)

For example, where does someone who doesn't use the Slavery Civic because they don't approve of slavery lie? They're playing the game, so they can't be "nothing," but they aren't using every possible means to win, so they're not at "all."

Anyway, with the addition of Espionage, I've found I have more to fear from Civs that are capable of producing high espionage levels than Civs capable of producing powerful troops. Mansa's destroyed me more thoroughly than, say, Tokugawa.

I was in a protracted war with Sulavaraman or whatever his name is (do we have an abbreviation for him yet?!):D

I suggest we call him "Jaundice".

Anyway, I played a game yesterday as Boudica of Rome. Unstoppable praetorians. It was awesome. They came out of the gate with Combat 3 and maybe a City Raider or two. You can not escape.

I am boudica 1st game and doing well b ut only on Noble on a very large continent and yes the UU sucks basically and it was only the traits that attracted me.

The question is, is it basicaly cheating to play boudica of rome or somesuch awsome combo....what do people think, or is this just mnaking the most of what the game rules allow.

its your game, do what you want. However, I some how doupt that anyone will let you use that convo in multiplayer...

I haven't played as her yet, but I played vs. her one game. I was in a protracted war with Sulavaraman or whatever his name is (do we have an abbreviation for him yet?!) and was getting worn down in troops when Boudica the opportunist declared on me! That was pretty much game over for me because I couldn't handle her large...stacks at that point :D
I just abbreviated it to "Sui". I know a little Chinese and a little Japanese, but whatever language his name is in is pretty brutal. My poor western tongue is no match:lol:

its your game, do what you want. However, I some how doupt that anyone will let you use that convo in multiplayer...

Actually, fair bet that they WILL let that happen, since it's just a base part of the multiplayer rules now.

Incidentally, someone remind me what traits boudica has? I didn't really check. And what's the Unique Unit for the celts? I never played them ^_^

Actually, fair bet that they WILL let that happen, since it's just a base part of the multiplayer rules now.

Incidentally, someone remind me what traits boudica has? I didn't really check. And what's the Unique Unit for the celts? I never played them ^_^

Oh no no no... some of the combos are straight raw unfiltered chunky . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. I for one will *never* be suckered into playing MP with any leader/any civ.

Cheeze that comes to my mind(admittedly not the *best* player ever)

Boudica of Rome = Praetorians of Doom
Hammurabi of Sumeria= Upgraded Vultures and :eek:Half-Off Zig:eek:
Darius of HRE= Financial and Organized with Rathaus
Churchill of Native America= Sadistic Synergy with Totem Poles

Etc...

Try being enclosed between her and Catherine, those two chicks just don't like peace... somehow i survived a 2 front war...

yeah, I have found that Catherine is much angrier than before. What is up with her? LOL....

I tried Boudica a few times. All three times I started with isolated, metal-less tundra starts and quit because I wanted to kick some butt with her. I start one game with Willem the Orange and multiple sea resources with iron, copper and horses nearby (And Isabella, a easily manipulated neighbor with no metal herself next door and cut off from half the continent)... Guess I'll just get a quick space victory and then get back to Boudilicious...

Am I the only one who finds all the "fawning" over a ruler in a game that is meant to prtray a 50-year-old woman a little.......creepy?

She's a pretty attractive older woman, actually. I was more referring to her traits tho. I need someone to replace my affection for the Ghengis Khan Keshik Rush, cause he is really not my type... :p

Boudica is Aggressive and Charismatic. Those early units can be upgraded very quickly.

I think everyone had guessed that by now.

And as goombaz has already said, just because it's in the game, doesn't mean you'll find a multiplayer game that lets you be boudicca of rome or any other overpowered setting. I think darius of persia will also be at risk of being banned too. (i like the option of powerful civs for single player but I think he's a bit too much for multiplayer)

Top Bottom