Bowsling 2: The Lion and the Chariot

Sorry guys, real life is getting heavily in the way. Consider me on indefinite skip for the time being :(

Things have been rather unexpectedly busy in the last little while. I shall have to skip, and I really hate to have kept you guys waiting. del62, can you play?

Things are moving slowly, turns take a long time. Hopefully finish soon though

OK Finally Played this attached the save

Pre Turn

Abandon Tsiago and sign Incans into peace plus military alliance versus Chinese for 23 gpt, they have a lot of units

IBT
Incas and Eygypt sign MA against Chinese

Sign Incas into MA against Eygypt and Aztecs to shake things up

Lose 1 cavalry but take out 2 eygyptian and 3 aztecs

IBT The eygyptians move frigates to incans, army built

1070AD

Plant Izriz in Aztec Territory and take out 2 cities losing 2 cavalry

1080Ad
Destroy Aztec City cant remember name

1090AD
Raise Shanghai, Capture Xinjan and Varna

1100AD
Build New Tyrana -Advanced station to take Chinese City

Take 3 Chinese Cities and we are back at war with Inca having destroyed Chinese

Taking Canton
Peace with Eygypt giving Industrialisation for Democracy and Nationalism plus 1750 gold and alliance versus Inca

Peace with Aztecs with Indust for Commuism and Free Artistry
Rush Army so we can staet on SHakes next turn as I had part rushed a

IBT

Lose three artillery pieces destroyed by Incan Cavalry which I dint see and Infantry

Kill a load of Incan and Carthage Units
Embassies with Aztecs

Destroy Inca city in desert and take Hangchow, two leaders for armies

1130AD
Take Macchu\picchu which includes sun tsu though I will not sell any barracks due to flip risk

Guerilla Produces leader killing rifle another army to fill

Destroy Carthages Rusicade

IBT no real counters from Incans or Carthage

1140AD

Preparing for next wave mainly getting units healed and pillaging

IBT No counters watch Inca Eygyptian Fights

Take Cuzoco and Caeserea no losses

Military

51 Cavalry 26 or 27 of which are in 7 Armies
10 Infantry plus 3 Knights in an Army, 8 Guerillas and an
assortment of others

We are strong to everyone left

Territory 52%

What is our victory condition we could easily wrap this up with domination pretty quick but conquest will require going round islands.

Handoff notes

When we destroy the Incans we will be back at war with Eygypt, unless more than 20 turns expire unlikely, we are at war with Carthage and Incans peace with Eygypt and Aztecs

I think I have woken all fortified units, some need fortifying immediately to heal next turn, others are for use of the next player as he sees fit, workers have been set in position for roads to Cuzoco and Caesaarea next turn

While I did a lot of worker moves I have left plenty still to move near our Capital

If anyone else wants to join this game that would be good, as only CBob and I seem to be playing at the moment

Attachments

• Mursilis of the Hittites, 1150 AD.SAV
    292.2 KB · Views: 129
preturn:
made a use of all workers, focusing on road near Egypt, Aztecs, Incans and terrain with luxuries that are not having roads.

Turn 1
Incan Vilcas (northern city on peninsula) got attacked by Egypt, 3 Incan units dead, but the city still holding.
Some minor moves by the enemies.
Assigned a few frigates to coastal cities, as I really think we might need them at some point.

Machu-Pichu resistance is over - must starve it!
Founded a city near Aztecs with the settler which was right there.
Oh my, we sure have a LOT of workers, to be honest i don't really understand why we need so much :D

Turn 2
Inca and Aztecs signed a peace treaty. Egypt finally captured incan city Vilcas and kept it.
Small counter offensive by Incans against Egypt on Incan terrritory.

Incan Tiwanaku and Huamanga taken, razed them both, with no casualties.

Turn 3
Smyrna captured and left, as there is only 1 citizen and the flip risk is pretty low - Incans will be dead soon.
Vilcabamba razed, it was big and no wonders. Two Cavalries (veteran and regular) dead - one red rifleman just didn't gave up. Another cavalry lost during random Incan unit killing. New leader showed up.

Turn 4
We have compleeted Shakespeares theater.
Lost 3 Cavalries on a magical carthage three-cube riflemen standing randomly on a grassland!
Spoiler :

Last two cities, including Corihuayrachina and Ollantaytambo with Copernicus are left, as there is very small chance of flip to nearby Carthage or Egypt.

This is so weird. Egypt is now at war with us, I just found out it! I don't know why :D They never called or there was a message about them going on a war. I guess I somehow missed something :)
So I signed a peace treaty with Carthage to focus on Egypt, it gave us 212 gold and 2 gold per turn.

Turn 5
Egypt Cavalry killed 6 poorly defended slave workers near our border.

Moving forces in for attack.

Turn 6
Again, Egyptian cavalry caught me on killing few more slave workers!

We got lots of gold now, so for the next tech I've choosed Corporation for 4 turns (+22 gold)
Hattusas is making ToE (8 turns)

Turn 7
Lost 3 for 3 frigates in total, in sea battle near Netherland peninsula, against Egypt.

Lost another two frigates. That was kind of stupid of me.
Elephantine and Giza razed. Abydos destroyed. Pi-Ramesses captured as it very far from the cap, and has no border with Egypt and is pretty good border city with Carthage.

Turn 8
Razed Memphis with Newtons University - don't want to risk.

Turn 9
Byblos razed.
Total of 9 Egyptian frigates are in Arnhem area.

Turn 10
Captured Vilcas. For the next tech - Refining, but this can be talked over.
All armies are ready to move.

For the next player:
Two armies are still located in Pi-Ramesses, two resisters left there. Thre armies are coming back from peninsula where Byblow was, other - ready to go for heliopolis and/or Thebes.
Got one settler near Cuzco and other on it's way from New Karatepe. Beware of frigates near Arnhem!

Now it's 61% of territory and we should really decide what victory we should go for!

Attachments

• Bowsling Hittites, 1250 AD.SAV
    301.8 KB · Views: 143
We could also start TOE in town next to capital with coal plant I cant remember its name, for free techs, time its completion to match steel and we can get refining and combustion for free (two relatively expensive techs which will lead us to better boats).

Now we have Shakes in our capital we can set it up for faster armies.

I tied peace treaty with Eygypt in with military alliance against incans so we could go back to war

We can also use artilery to bombard frigates.

The big thing now is choosing victory condition, I think Bowsling initally said conquest, personally I am happy with domination, but if it is still conquest then thats OK, it will just take a bit of time, organising fleets, though perhaps we could get Eygypts Island cities in a peace treaty

Yes, I did say conquest. I must say, that was impressively fast timing, Brainiac! :goodjob:

Conquest shouldn't be too hard, we just have to make sure that we get island cities through peace treaties if we pay attention.

Turn 6
Hattusas is making ToE (8 turns)

We could also start TOE in town next to capital with coal plant I cant remember its name, for free techs, time its completion to match steel and we can get refining and combustion for free (two relatively expensive techs which will lead us to better boats).

Bowsling, are you able to take the next turnset? A swap is fine with me.

Yes, I did say conquest. I must say, that was impressively fast timing, Brainiac! :goodjob:
Thanks :) It's just I had to skip my turn last time, so I was kind of waiting fo my next turn very much (wanted to play, that is)
though perhaps we could get Eygypts Island cities in a peace treaty
That's right, I just hope our reputation isn't too low. I still don't understand how Egypt got in a war with us :)

I delibaretaly signed military alliance in with peace treaty so we would be back at war without losing reputation
So when Incans have been destroyed, this deal was over and got back at war? :crazyeye:

Yep. It's kind of a bug in the game. I had that work the other way once in a game, I beat up the Mayans, force them into war against their allies the Inca, and once the Inca were gone, we were at war.

Lurker:

I wouldn't call it a bug. It works that way with any 20-turn deal: if they break the alliance, the deal ends. Since your peace treaty is contingent on the alliance, it ends.

While, more of a semantic error I suppose. It isn't very accurate for a peace treaty to force one party to attack another that when the alliance is broken, the two nations find themselves at war with each other because that annulled the treaty.

Top Bottom