Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
//sarcasm

Well I didn't see that, I thought you were implying that they spoke mainly/only French, which isn't necessarily something everyone knows.

Wait... Canadians speak English?
No we speak Chinese... OF course we speak English but we also speak French but that is only limited to Quebec and adjacent provinces.

Well I didn't see that, I thought you were implying that they spoke mainly/only French, which isn't necessarily something everyone knows.

Perhaps I should have asked of Australians then...

No we speak Chinese... OF course we speak English but we also speak French but that is only limited to Quebec and adjacent provinces.

I know, I know. I was just light-heartedly making fun of yous' guys' accents and the NZ accent lends itself to the absurdity nature of my comment.

I didnt mention the Olmecs because, sadly, there's a lot we dont know about them, I fear that if Firaxis tries to fill too many blancs we would end up with something like "native american empire". There's plenty of other choices in mesoamerica, and if what you want is a mesoamerican from the gulf area, theres the Totonacs and Huastecs. Totonacs are particulary interesting as they are believed to be closely related to Tajin and Teotihuacan, besides they were the first to ally with Cortez against the Aztecs.

not necessarily from the gulf, what about purepechas or tehotihuacans? or maybe caribes or some people from Panama?

I think Australia and Canada would make a great DLC dualpack. In that Firaxis needs only two English speakers, and it would be insanely profitable. Then the future expansion can focus on other civs and we won't have to complain.

I don't know...probably too anglo-centric...that would piss off many people, maybe a DLC with them, and another ones, probably some canadian natives or aboriginals

I don't know...probably too anglo-centric...that would piss off many people, maybe a DLC with them, and another ones, probably some canadian natives or aboriginals

I'm also trying to figure out what kind of scenario they could make with that one too. It seems most DLC's come with 2-3 Civs and a scenario lately.

Canada and Australia, both being former crown colonies and today part of the commonwealth could mean a colonization scenario? But with the Africa scenario I severely doubt it.

I would thoroughly enjoy a WWI scenario but if we were getting that I would expect a civ like Serbia.

I'd expect Italy in the next expansion, and that's when we will get a WWII scenario

I'm also trying to figure out what kind of scenario they could make with that one too. It seems most DLC's come with 2-3 Civs and a scenario lately.

Canada and Australia, both being former crown colonies and today part of the commonwealth could mean a colonization scenario? But with the Africa scenario I severely doubt it.

I would thoroughly enjoy a WWI scenario but if we were getting that I would expect a civ like Serbia.

WWI has more choices than the commonwealth, and Serbia would be only for the scenario

WWI has more choices than the commonwealth, and Serbia would be only for the scenario

I certainly agree. But then that starts the argument "well Serbia deserves to be a base-game civ even more than Canada and Australia".

I doubt we will see a unified Italy in Civ V now that a chunk of it has been broken off into its own civ.

Save Rome and Venice, Italy has a lot of decent cities left to make a respectable city list with its capital in Milan.

However I would be against because I feel as if the region is already well represented with Rome and now Venice.

I'd expect Italy in the next expansion, and that's when we will get a WWII scenario

I can promise you right now we won't get Italy in a third expansion with Venice in this one.

If we get an Italy what will they possibly base it on? The renaissance theme is kind of ruled out by the fact they've defined the city states as separate enough to be their own civilizations with Venice. That would be like adding a specific dynasty of Persia now as a separate civ. So it must be entirely post unification, which would be just awful.

Save Rome and Venice, Italy has a lot of decent cities left to make a respectable city list with its capital in Milan.

However I would be against because I feel as if the region is already well represented with Rome and now Venice.

I agree but I don't think Firaxis will skip the opportunity to sell more copies

remember we aren't mainstream civ players

not necessarily from the gulf, what about purepechas or tehotihuacans? or maybe caribes or some people from Panama?

We are on the same page, there's plenty of mesoamericans to choose from:

-Toltecs
-Mixtecs
-Zapotecs
-Huastecs
-Totonacs
-Purepechans

I wouldn't reasonably expect any Native civs from the Americas other than, maybe
Sioux
Navajo
maybe... Inuit

Pueblo are no go for other reasons, Mississippians are very interesting but there isn't enough information on cities or leaders. I guess they could just put U.S. cities like with the Iroquois. I'd like to see Arawaks or Caribs but that might not happen.

I certainly agree. But then that starts the argument "well Serbia deserves to be a base-game civ even more than Canada and Australia".

Only culturally Serbia deserves more than Canada and Australia...but just that, also, Serbia isn't very popular

We are on the same page, there's plenty of mesoamericans to choose from:

-Toltecs
-Mixtecs
-Zapotecs
-Huastecs
-Totonacs
-Purepechans

I'll love to see even only one of those...but let's be honest...they are too underrated, no one can difference them with Aztecs or Mayans, that's what I would vote for a caribbean civ

I think Australia and Canada would make a great DLC dualpack. In that Firaxis needs only two English speakers, and it would be insanely profitable. Then the future expansion can focus on other civs and we won't have to complain.

That actually would be the perfect way to introduce those two into the game. Then people who really don't want them don't have to download them and can just take whatever might be in a third expansion. I still believe, though, that there will be no third expansion.

As far as the Canadian leader, both Canada and Australia should have their WWII leaders, since that was probably the most significant international event in those countries' post-independence history and those two countries played a major role in the war. So it would be William Lyon Mackenzie King for Canada and Robert Menzies for Australia.

I didn't realize Santa Anna was so reviled by Mexicans, my mistake. I guess you go Benito Juarez for his role in its early era of independence and the war with France.

if we get any SE civ, i think the Malay/Malacca civs with hang tuah as a leader. hang tuah is a well-known leader than sultan himself(on this day). and malacca is a trade routes to majapahit empire. and this is the wiki for hang tuah, and this for the malacca sultanate.

I'll love to see even only one of those...but let's be honest...they are too underrated, no one can difference them with Aztecs or Mayans, that's what I would vote for a caribbean civ

There's a chance another mesoamerica could feel like Angry Babylon to mesopotamia if not done right. Aztec and Toltec could feel similar to the average Joe, however I think Zapotecs are quite different from both Aztecs and Mayans, they afterall developed their own writen language and outlived the classical Mayans all the way to the Spanish conquest. Purepechans have been called an "anomaly" in mesoamerica, because they were so diferent from their neighboors, culturaly, military, they were famous for rivalizing the Aztecs after all, so I dont think they would be that similar,even more if they ended up going for Erendira for leader, rebel Purepechan princess riding a Spanish war horse? In terms of leaderscreens is as diferent from Monty and Pacal as you can get.

Language for both Zapotec and Purepecha wouldnt be a problem, their culture is alive and kicking to this day.

However, a Carib civ culd be really interesting as well, if anything to give more representation to neglected areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom