Brighter mine derrick

Overseas

Chieftain
Hello, considering the original dark brown cube was not very enjoying and the alternative derrick not very easy to see on hills background, I finally designed this brighter derrick, including a smoking chimney.
Hope to enjoy.
http://www.paris.web66.com/civ2/zip/terrainmine.pcx

Attachments

• lightmine.jpg
    lightmine.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3,943
Looks great. Perhaps post an image with the old version next to the new one so that people can really see the difference.

GIDustin

Suggested so, here is how looks the difference between them. Please note the almost bright and clear terrain where the old are... and they are still not very noticeable. Now, I just prefear the new version !

Attachments

• benchmine.jpg
    benchmine.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3,242
See, I figured it would, but there is no original file by that name in my game, so I didn't know how the software would know to use it. :o

Okay, Zulu, I stuck it in that folder, but there was no file with that name in the folder originally... and it still doesn't show up in the game...

JoeBas, it's the TerrainBuildings.PCX. It's really not hard to find out. ;) Just open the PCX files in that folder and see which one is similar.

Okay, found the terrainbuildings.pcx file, but how do I open that? And what do I do once I do? :o

Not really a CivIII newbie, just a mod newbie. :o

Ok JoeBas...
save your original TerrainBuildings.pcx under an other name or somewhere else. Then, simply place the new one, checking its name is exactly like the one previously located there (sometimes, I change it to better describe the enhancement, like here).
If no, rename it into TerrainBuildings.pcx
Once done, Civ-3 will automatically consider this new version as the good one. Hope this will help.

Top Bottom