BRING CIV REV ONLINE TO SWITCH

Funkyfingers504

Chieftain
For the love of all that is good and just in this world, please bring Civilization Revolution to the Nintendo Switch and make it playable online. PS3 got rid of servers, Steam doesnt have it, and the Xbox platform community is dwindling. Nintendo would be the appropriate community for Civ Rev to be nurtured by. There is a hole in my heart and only Civ Rev multiplayer on switch can fill it.

For the love of all that is good and just in this world, please bring Civilization Revolution to the Nintendo Switch and make it playable online. PS3 got rid of servers, Steam doesnt have it, and the Xbox platform community is dwindling. Nintendo would be the appropriate community for Civ Rev to be nurtured by. There is a hole in my heart and only Civ Rev multiplayer on switch can fill it.
And, just so you are aware, there is a CivRev sub-forums, where you are almost certainly likely to find more like-minded people to discuss this with the Civ6 sub-forums.

Last edited:
It's the only one that offers simplified, fast-paced gameplay. I've never had adrenaline rushes from any of the main titles like the ones i have had playing on xbox multiplayer back when i had the system and online membership
I've only played Civs 5 and 6 (and a little bit of 4) so I had to ask

Civ4 multiplayer / charriots rush all over the map. This is definitely a sport at this point. Alas I cannot see any multiplayer for Civ4 on PC anymore. :(
Where were you playing this? I remember doing this with horse archers and rival civilizations had spearmen by the time.

Where were you playing this? I remember doing this with horse archers and rival civilizations had spearmen by the time.
Horse Archers were considerably more time consuming to get. Charriots you needed just a couple techs and with the slavery civic you could whipe your citizens to produce a bunch in no time. This was the most efficient in expansions where charriots got a bonus against melee IIRC.

Horse Archers were considerably more time consuming to get. Charriots you needed just a couple techs and with the slavery civic you could whipe your citizens to produce a bunch in no time. This was the most efficient in expansions where charriots got a bonus against melee IIRC.
Really? Oh wow.. u needed horse and the wheel right? Yeah I recall I used to wipe out a few civilizations and then wipe the rest of them out with the tech from the acquired cities from the chariots. Persia used to be good with it and the immortals.

We can ask for Civ stuff now!? For little old Nintendo Switch!?
Sir, dev sir, can you pwease pwease make CIV VI run better:cry:...I am checking 9gag in-between turns late game:sleep:...this isn't healthy:hammer2:!

We can ask for Civ stuff now!? For little old Nintendo Switch!?
Sir, dev sir, can you pwease pwease make CIV VI run better:cry:...I am checking 9gag in-between turns late game:sleep:...this isn't healthy:hammer2:!
Reject modernity, embrace tradition... and RETVRN to Civ V

Really? Oh wow.. u needed horse and the wheel right? Yeah I recall I used to wipe out a few civilizations and then wipe the rest of them out with the tech from the acquired cities from the chariots. Persia used to be good with it and the immortals.
Yeah I think you needed horses and the wheel, + bronze working for the slavery civic (optional). Yeah Persia was good at it, it's funny because this is the civ I picked lately for a single player game vs the AI, in noble difficulty I think. Darn, it's hard to remember how I did those rushes (didn't whipe at all even if I took slavery asap) but anyway I had enough space to expand so no need. The free yields for Persia are cool too, it's the combo of two abilities that I was looking for. Perfect !

Yeah I think you needed horses and the wheel, + bronze working for the slavery civic (optional). Yeah Persia was good at it, it's funny because this is the civ I picked lately for a single player game vs the AI, in noble difficulty I think. Darn, it's hard to remember how I did those rushes (didn't whipe at all even if I took slavery asap) but anyway I had enough space to expand so no need. The free yields for Persia are cool too, it's the combo of two abilities that I was looking for. Perfect !
I remembered Persia because it was one of those civs that helped you get to domination for your first time in this case my first time in king or emperor I believe. Noble was kinda easy so I bumped up the difficulty and this happened. I couldn't believe it. A good feeling too.. without any mods or anything. I couldn't do anything for deity though.

I remembered Persia because it was one of those civs that helped you get to domination for your first time in this case my first time in king or emperor I believe. Noble was kinda easy so I bumped up the difficulty and this happened. I couldn't believe it. A good feeling too.. without any mods or anything. I couldn't do anything for deity though.
Yeah the AI is quite though in this one. I don't even remember in what difficulty max I beat it, but i don't think it was Deity or even below. Even in noble the AI against Persia builds spears pretty quick, but i wasn't going for a rush anyway. It's fun how a simple 3 strenght archer could be though to kill in a fortified city even wih horse archers of 6 strenght. And suicide catapults... in Civ4 vanilla they always fire first when you order a stack with them to fire, eventhough they don't have a highest chance to kill so that's a bit odd. I wonder if it's the same with expansions.

Yeah the AI is quite though in this one. I don't even remember in what difficulty max I beat it, but i don't think it was Deity or even below. Even in noble the AI against Persia builds spears pretty quick, but i wasn't going for a rush anyway. It's fun how a simple 3 strenght archer could be though to kill in a fortified city even wih horse archers of 6 strenght. And suicide catapults... in Civ4 vanilla they always fire first when you order a stack with them to fire, eventhough they don't have a highest chance to kill so that's a bit odd. I wonder if it's the same with expansions.
Suicide catapults cause collateral in beyond the sword so about 4 units got a little damaged along with the defending unit if the stack was that large. So for example, other defending 3-4 archers if the defending stack was that large would see their HP reduce from 3.0 to 2.9 along with the defending unit's HP getting reduced from defending. With double start promoted horse archers from stables, horse archers often defeated even the spearmen with the shock promotion. The defending unit then gets changed to an archer when a shock promotion was there and spearman when a double star horse archer would attack. But the odds of defeating were weird sometimes because you could lose a 99.9%-win odd on purpose on other cases.
Edit add: That to the attacker is pretty useful because the other units could have higher odds in attacking when attacking a 2.9 than a 3.0.

I always thoutht that catapults and the like were damaging more than 4 units. Hence the "suicide" in them I guess. That's too a bad mechanic because war weariness jumps pretty quickly, at least in conquered cities. However I was referring to the attack order when a stack selected : if you select multiple catapults and other units to order an attack in vanilla, all the catapults will fire first eventhough other units would have a bigger odd to win than catapults when the enemy stack enough damaged. I guess that be good sometimes when the odds are still not high enough for other units, but when the odds are around 80-90% it should switch back to other units, well it might be up to player preferency I guess.

Top Bottom