Bring me up to date

No.Dice

Warlord
Hi, i've been away from the civ scene for awhile and have a few questions. Since the search function is currently disabled, i thought i'd bother you nice people. :)

1. To start, the current patch is v1.29f? Seems like it, but since the FAQ hasn't been updated in awhile i thought i'd make absolutely sure.

New rules/features in the patch:

What does * Added Accelerated Production rule to player setup screen. It defaults to OFF. mean? What effects on the game does turning it on have? Has it become an accepted rule for HoF/tournies or do the majority of players keep it off?

Were/are there any bugs in the v1.29f patch i should be aware of? Can somebody provide a link to where i can dl the correct version? Maybe a little over cautious but Firaxis has a reputation for buggy patches. ;)

2. Civ expansion:
When is the release date?
Will multiplayer be done over MSN gaming zone?
A couple months back there was talk of a "turnless" mode for multiplayer. Is there more information on this?
Is there an estimated multiplayer game length?

Hmm, pretty sure there was more i wanted to ask, but it escapes me at the moment.

The current patch is 1.29f.

Accelerated production means that you and the AI build everything with half the normal shield cost, increase population at half the food, and research science at half the time.

The one 1.29f bug that I knows of is something about your own units attacking your own workers when too many nukes have been launched.

Civ Expansion (PTW) will be released in a few days.

Originally posted by Sim_One
The current patch is 1.29f.

Accelerated production means that you and the AI build everything with half the normal shield cost, increase population at half the food, and research science at half the time.

Is that option generally accepted among most players, or does everybody play traditional civ? In HoF play i assume its dissallowed because it could inflate scores as opposed to prepatch?

Basically at higher lvl play (Around emperor lvl) are players using the accelerated production or leaving it off?

Thanks again

I can't speak for everyone, but I get the impression from reading the BBS since patch 1.29f was released that the majority of people don't use accelerated production (at least not normally).

I suspect that when multiplayer comes around, though, that accelerated production will be used frequently by players in order to "speed the game up" (i.e., have everything happen twice as fast as normal).

Accelerated Production is a standard in our MP games at Firaxis. I'm not sure how much it will be used in SP but it helps to speed up the game a great deal for MP.

Is accelerated production only for the human player or does the computer also get the benefits?

The AI gets the benefits also.

It really does speed up the game. I've had the game end by spaceship victory as early as 1400AD (roughly the half way point in turns).

Top Bottom