British Line Infantry - March 31, 2005

BAP

Chieftain
Here is a Napoleonic unit I've always wanted to do. You can use it strictly as a British UU, or as a generic line infantry unit of the era. Bump the CivIII Napoleonic Infantry to conscript and use this as regular infantry. I'll probably follow this up with a French Fusilier, and a revised British Foot Guard unit to replace the one I did a couple of years back using the original rifleman as the template. Enjoy, and if you find any glitches, just let me know.

British Line Infantry

Attachments

• BritishLI.jpg
    BritishLI.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 983
  • LineInfantryBPDefault.gif
    LineInfantryBPDefault.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 2,138
  • LineInfantryBPAttack.gif
    LineInfantryBPAttack.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,387
Drivebymaster said:
is this your first unit? it looks good

I have a couple of more. Look down the page for the Old Guard Infantry unit, and in one of the mass unit threads there is a horsed artillery unit I did a few years back, and a British Foot Guard unit I'm going to revise soon. Thanks for the compliment BTW.

aaglo said:
That looks pretty good :thumbsup:

Is it a copy&paste unit, or did you make it from scratch?

Copy and paste. I have Poser, but have never taken the time to figure out how to make flcs with it. One day I will, but for now, I'm using my Paint Shop skills to satisfy my unit needs. Since I download so many from you and everyone else on this site, I figure I should give back when I can. BTW, keep up the great work.

BAP said:
Copy and paste. I have Poser, but have never taken the time to figure out how to make flcs with it. One day I will, but for now, I'm using my Paint Shop skills to satisfy my unit needs. Since I download so many from you and everyone else on this site, I figure I should give back when I can. BTW, keep up the great work.

It's actually pretty easy if you know how to use Steph's Story Board Builder and FLICster. Kinboat has a good tutorial on camera and lighting setup plus a file with said settings already preset. Just set it up to render as BMP files into 8 folders named with the standard abbreviations for the 8 compass points (N,S,E,W,NE,NW,SE,SW), then run SBB and you have a ready to edit and convert storyboard BMP file.

If you need further help, I could upload one of my Poser projects along with my Poser project render folders containing renders, a storyboard BMP and a Flicster storyboard file & ready to convert to FLC storyboard pcx files.

Hikaro Takayama said:
It's actually pretty easy if you know how to use Steph's Story Board Builder and FLICster. Kinboat has a good tutorial on camera and lighting setup plus a file with said settings already preset. Just set it up to render as BMP files into 8 folders named with the standard abbreviations for the 8 compass points (N,S,E,W,NE,NW,SE,SW), then run SBB and you have a ready to edit and convert storyboard BMP file.

If you need further help, I could upload one of my Poser projects along with my Poser project render folders containing renders, a storyboard BMP and a Flicster storyboard file & ready to convert to FLC storyboard pcx files.

Please, any help you could give would be appreciated. I can use Steph's SBB pretty well, and FLICster. I'll wait to see another post from you on the subject but will try getting started this weekend.

Top Bottom