Brute with 8k Strength

Fixed in next SVN rev.
Was this a scenario file or a randomly generated map? Did you enter worldbuilder in that game?

Yes, its the standard space map and modified with WB. I added a few civs to the game . No xml changes, the only changes I made to the WB file other than adding civs, below:

PlayableCiv=1 (the new civs I added were marked as non-playable by default)
CivDesc= (renamed a couple of them in the WBSave)
CivShortDesc=
CivAdjective=

Yes, its the standard space map and modified with WB. I added a few civs to the game .
Are there any units on the map in the WB file?
Better to remove all units and add in more players by just defining their starting postions.
I think scenarios initialize units wrongly when trying to play them with SM, something I plan to look into at some point.

Are there any units on the map in the WB file?
Better to remove all units and add in more players by just defining their starting postions.
I think scenarios initialize units wrongly when trying to play them with SM, something I plan to look into at some point.

Yes, I had units on the map. Ill try again using only start plots without any units and see how that goes. It may also help to just not have any extra game options enabled while setting up the scenario. That was probably my issue really. Will keep you posted.

Edit (Current Game):
Loaded StandardSpaceMapV10 with no extra options.
Setup Civs, no units, only their starting city.
Saved as WB save.
Edited WB save with text editor to toggle the new Civs as playable.
Loaded game (with desired C2C options enabled), opened WB, gave them each 1 Tribal Guardian.

Edit: Have been playing 1600 turns without issue so far.

Think its safe to say the cause has been isolated and the workaround a success.

Last edited:
I experienced this problem too, only when using Size Matters. Im using c2c from the svn. I like to add units from the Worldbuilder and edit their promotions. I actually thought I had found the problem in that I thought it happened if a unit got the Might promotion when it wasnt yet level 3 because it seemed to only happen when I added Might to a unit that were below level 3. But reading you guys posts seems like that isnt the cause at all? Im currently playing a game where I have added units and tons of promotions to many different units including the Might promotion, but I made sure to increase their level to 3 before I did that (havent seen the issue yet, on turn 50).

I just started a custom scenario and then from there only using save game. In my latest game I didnt save the wb map and load it up as a custom scenario; maybe that is also some kind of cause because did that earlier when the issue happened.

Idk if this helps you guys in any way to figure out the issue.

Last edited:
I determined it was caused by saving WB scenario files with game options (SM or otherwise, haven't narrowed it down). The solution, as I outlined above, was simply to setup your scenario without any extra game options, save as scenario. Then you can enable any options you want when starting the scenario game and it has been working flawlessly for over 5,000 turns now. I also use WB often throughout the playthrough, mostly for renaming AI settlements and tweaking things here and there to fit my narrative.

I determined it was caused by saving WB scenario files with game options (SM or otherwise, haven't narrowed it down). The solution, as I outlined above, was simply to setup your scenario without any extra game options, save as scenario. Then you can enable any options you want when starting the scenario game and it has been working flawlessly for over 5,000 turns now. I also use WB often throughout the playthrough, mostly for renaming AI settlements and tweaking things here and there to fit my narrative.

Ah I see, yeah that makes sense. Thank you I will do that in the future!

Bumping because this is still an issue with scenarios. More specifically, it only happens if you load up a save from a scenario. It doesn't seem to happen if you place a unit in WB in a custom game.
Spoiler 5500 strength Modern Machine Gun :
upload_2022-5-31_13-21-38.png

Attachments

• The Lady May 19, AD-2048.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Bumping because this is still an issue with scenarios. More specifically, it only happens if you load up a save from a scenario. It doesn't seem to happen if you place a unit in WB in a custom game.
Spoiler 5500 strength Modern Machine Gun :
You have to delete ALL units in scenario file, if you save it while SM is on.

Top Bottom