[Vote] (6-14) Galley Buff Proposals

Approval Vote (select all options you'd be okay with)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus

Voting Notes: This proposal can accept multiple options.

(6-14) Galley Gains Brute Force​

Rationale: The first Land Melee Unit (Warrior) has Brute Force to help beat Brutes.
Proposal: The first Naval Melee Unit (Galley) should have Brute Force to help beat Barbarian Galleys.

An alternative would be to reduce the Combat Strength of the Barbarian Galley, but we didn't do the same for Brutes... so why should we do it for the Barbarian Galleys as well? Reducing the Combat Strength makes Cities tougher than them. Not the intent here. I want to encourage training Galleys.

(6-14a) Galley Speed Buff/Liburna CS Nerf​

Proposal: Increase Galley speed from 3 to 4 (Barbarian Galley remains at 3). Reduce Liburna CS from 7 to 6.

Rationale: Currently Galley's do not function properly as a counter to the liburna, they are too slow and do too little damage. As such liburna's are unchecked for a large portion of the early game.

The speed change will actually let Galley's chase down liburna (and actually serve as a reasonable early scout). The liburna CS nerf means that the galley now has the exact same combat power as the old Trireme/Dromon dynamic before the recent change. While this does make the liburna technically weaker against the trireme, the trireme already 1 shots the unit in the vast majority of situations, so nothing really changes here.

Last edited:
I really don't think both buffs are necessary. 1 of the 2 should be sufficient.

What is the Trireme speed comparing to "improved" Galley?

Trireme is 5 speed. Both ships can cross ocean at 2 MP per tile and only if they can end their turn on a coast tile, with the full path visible.

So currently Galley to Trireme jumps from 3 to 5 MP? Huh, with this proposal it would be smoother for sure.
It also would have the same MP as Caravel (first column)?
2023-11-01_13h20_44.png

Caravel can move across ocean naturally, so it generally moves faster than a Trireme and it's fine. Galley is extremely slow.

I really don't think both buffs are necessary. 1 of the 2 should be sufficient.
I do not agree. They both touch quite a different area where Galley sucks (a) barbarians; b) melee vs ranged).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom