BTS 1939 scenario feedback

Hi all!

Just grabbed my copy of Civ and reinstalled, coz i was bored, patched up and ready to go with this mod ... but:

The Scenario is still kinda unplayable as certain Nations ... for 2 month now?!

Anyone working on this or is this 'scenario' project dead?

I liked this mod earlier, when it was for Warlords only, but now its not very payable, sadly ...

cheers

HahnHolio

No worries - mod isn't dead. With next patch many issues will be removed.

Very nice mod, its fast compared to road to war. I played many games as Britain and was surprised to be at war with Russia at start. Most time, Russia bring an unstoppable stack of doom to invade middle east. I tryed to bring as many units to stop them with no success until now. Its easier to buy a peace with russia for a few credits.

Russia and Germany very rarely enter war against each other. Jets and nuke can be researched by Usa, Britain and Germany as soon as middle 1940.

If this scenario goal is history, maybe nukes should be removed as no nuke where used in european theater. Jet planes should be a bits later in tech.

Think this mod would be much better if more scripted events/wars was used yeah. Also no nukes maybe as mentioned above. Maybe one scripted version and one open diplomacy version???

Think this mod would be much better if more scripted events/wars was used yeah. Also no nukes maybe as mentioned above. Maybe one scripted version and one open diplomacy version???

The more I look at these posts the more I think ppl want RTW (without active defense) with the depth of this mod.

I don't think more historical units had broken gameplay. Even it adds more flavour and smile (at least on my face :) ) when i can use historical and flavour units - if it won't i would just stay with civ's standard M4 Sherman, Supermarine Spitfire and Avro Lancaster - less work but imo also less fun.
It didn't broke gameplay, also because AI still chooses stronger units to build. The same option is for Human Player.

And units have different parameters (different parameters were used for different units combats: tanks. bombers, fighters, artillery) - depending on speed, armament (type and diameter of gun, number of MG - more provides additional strenght agains human units), thickness of armor, weight, number of built units, size of the shell, rate of fire, range, weight of carried bombs. I've put much time to this system to make it +- historicly correct, and sorry, but I won't change it to RTW clone where everything is more simpliefied. If it'll apear it will apear as standalone mod's mod, surelly i won't put so much effort into those units' xml.

For MachineGun - I was thinking about it too - it's weird to shot air units with land MG (tough possible - it's not the problem to penetrate even metal surface - so the pilot can be killed:mischief:). IIRC ability to shot down air unit with MG was introduced in patch 3.13. I left it right now, but it seems the ability to intecepting air units should be decreased (maybe to 10%).

What do you think? Leave this option weaker or throw it away?

For ships - yeah it could be more diversified. But I don't plan to change it soon.

I didn't have idea this option exist when realising mod. Will be fixed that way in next patch, until the events in Python would be added - managing much better with peace and war declarations.

Though I agree with most comments I think the unit diversity is fine - as long as the starting armies are small enough, so players actually have to decide between building units or buildings.

Having recently reinstalled BtS I tried out the USSR and noticed a couple of things:

- USSR starts at war with the UK (and pretty soon I got DOWed by the USA too)
- Sweden DOWed Finland/Baltic
- Italy attacked (and killed) the West Balkans (probably because they have too many units)

- Nuclear Fission wasn't discovered in 1939 and everyone either has it or starts researching it

- Istanbul should be 1 tile West (it's on the wrong side of the Bosporus)

- Global Warming should be turned off IMHO.

I would not let Machine Guns kill planes (the other way around is more accurate); they can't even kill tanks in reality (yes, many early WW II tanks had little armor, I know).

While ships in general should indeed be more expensive, perhaps Germany should have slightly cheaper submarines (U-boat threat)?

BTW,

:newyear:

The more I look at these posts the more I think ppl want RTW (without active defense) with the depth of this mod.
Which is why I am continuing to develop my version of RTW. While it will never have the range of units offered in this mod. However Having King Tigers representing "Army Groups", albeit slow and ponderous and enough flavour for me.

You can turn off Active Defense by editting RtW's "GlobalDefinesAlt.xml"

Hi, been a LONNNNGGGG time since I was in the forums, but I have recently rebuilt my computer with Windows 7, and would really like to play this Mod. Please give me the right link to DL it. I Tried running the file: world_war_ii_-_1939_mod_1.99
But when I stacked about 20 German units to invade Poland I got graphical errors, not reported errors with a pop up telling me there was an error, but simply a noticeable glitch, like it would stay in the zoomed position that is at an angle for the battle sequence, or it would load the game without the peripheral displays like the research bar, and menu at the top, or the map and selected unit/city at the bottom. I tried installing the latest patch, but that only made the game shut down during loading, and now I can't launch the Mod at all.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

It kinda bothers me how wiped out civilizations stay in politics and stuff...they should be eradicated from the game after you take over their last city and their units deleted

also wish nuke would be alot more powerful

When I was playing as Nazi Germany, it was unrealistic to see small weak countries like West Balkans declare war on me. If anything, they should be trying to make peace with me any way possible

I think that France iss waaaay too powerful in the offence. By november '39, the French had captured two German cities. The French should probably have a more defensive army.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 245
Top Bottom