[BTS] Air Forces Module

Yes, IIRC, that would be what I'm telling you

Hmm, alright, thanks for informing me of this. I am trying to figure out what stuff I can do with python and XML alone and what stuff I need to make DLL/SDK changes for, while at the same time making leaderheads. It can get confusing. :crazyeye:

Hmm, alright, thanks for informing me of this. I am trying to figure out what stuff I can do with python and XML alone and what stuff I need to make DLL/SDK changes for, while at the same time making leaderheads. It can get confusing. :crazyeye:

What exactly are you looking for? I started to update the promotions/planes from this mod into for 3.19, for personal use, and can upload what I create here, I was intending to create some balance, while not having alot of "clutter".

If anyone else is wondering, I was going to create three "lines" of aircraft.

1: Fighter: Fighters have high Interception %, Low bombard % (if any)
Fighter (a bi-plane/ww1 era fighter) ----> Intercepter (renamed from Fighter in BTS, ww2 era fighter) -----> Jet Fighter (middle/late 20th century) ---> Stealth Fighter
2: Bomber: Bombers have high bombard %, weak vs Naval
Bomber (ww2) ---> Strategic Bomber (vietnam) ---> Stealth Bomber (modern)
3: Ground Attack: Bonus vs Land-based units, moderate interception %, moderate evade %.
Airship (ww1) ----> Close-Air Support Fighter (ww2) ---> Strike Fighter (middle/late 20th century)

In addition, I was going to add three techs, to create some spacing (roughly 4-5 direct techs between each upgrade), 1 of the techs will open up the advanced promotions (Radar).

If your wondering the techs are Aeronautics, Jet Engines, and Radar

I've done something similar in Merged Mod, don't know if you've seen it, Edgecrusher? The main problem with 3.19 is the weak code for resolving aircombat. You will see bi-planes intercepting jet bombers, amongst other peculiarities. So, I developed new code for air combar resolution. In this code, the evasion number actually affects the chance for the interceptor to succeed (it doesn't in 3.19, the checks are performed seperately, one for evasion and one for interception), so a jet bomber can never be intercepted by a bi-plane, as it's evasion stat is higher than the intercept stat of the bi-plane.

I have not checked it out, but I will.

When I actually play, I currently use RevolutionsDCM with a few personal adustments in the form of Buildings, units, civs, etc...

I did not realize that was how it worked, and seems kind of silly that BTS does it that way. Just out of curiosity, how did you take into account the Interception chance of non-air units (i.e. Machine-Gun, Mech Infantry, Anti-Tank, etc..)

It's been a while since I looked at the code, but IIRC, ground units work just like other air units. So, AA guns (which I also have) can take out earlier planes, but can't really touch stealth bombers/fighters.

RevDCM already has changed the Air combat, since it uses Better AI. I brought these air combat issues up in Better AI a long time ago, and jdog made some changes to it. But it's not as advanced as my solution, because he developed his code to cope with the standard selection of aircraft. His changes had more to do with actually making the air unit promotions count for something, by increasing the number of combat rounds. I haven't increased the number of rounds, but since my combat resolution is different, it doesn't really matter anyways.

Will this mod work with the 3.19 patch?

Check back on page 3, I reuploaded this mod almost two years ago. But it's still for 3.17, you'll have to convert it to 3.19 yourself. If you're interested in this mod, I've used some parts of it in my own mod.

I can't download the mod, I click on the download file bit and then it goes to another page saying:

ERROR: File not found.

Check post #47 on page 3, I re-uploaded this mod more than 4 years ago. :)

Top Bottom