[BtS] CivFusion

Civ IV freezes between 1035-1045 AD in the 0.72

It doesnt Crash it freezes and the game stops doing anything

Waiting didnt do anything and my computer is pretty powerful

Im using Japan with about 28 Civs on Warlord with a Huge map and Normal/CivFusion Game speed.

Hey ripple,

It's been awhile since I've checked in on the progress of this mod, so I thought I'd drop a note to you. The game works perfect on both of the computers I have it installed on -- I haven't had any issues playing the game to a finish on my newer rig, but then, it is much more powerful than the other. I can play a maxed out game size/civs on any setting, whereas the other one has to be scaled down to a smaller size map (standard at max).

When playing a LAN game, occasionally we still get the out of sync error. Beyond that, I have noticed many of the text entries for different techs are ending up as TXT_KEY_blah blah.

As always, excellent mod and I hope to see the next incarnation eventually. Let me know if you need a tester for any beta versions.

ammut

Hey ripple,

It's been awhile since I've checked in on the progress of this mod, so I thought I'd drop a note to you. The game works perfect on both of the computers I have it installed on -- I haven't had any issues playing the game to a finish on my newer rig, but then, it is much more powerful than the other. I can play a maxed out game size/civs on any setting, whereas the other one has to be scaled down to a smaller size map (standard at max).

When playing a LAN game, occasionally we still get the out of sync error. Beyond that, I have noticed many of the text entries for different techs are ending up as TXT_KEY_blah blah.

As always, excellent mod and I hope to see the next incarnation eventually. Let me know if you need a tester for any beta versions.

ammut

Glad you are enjoying the mod problem-free. There are some missing TEXT_KEY's, they will get filled in eventually, definitely before the 1.0 release. I might need some additional beta testers, if so I'll let you know.

Im using Japan with about 28 Civs on Warlord with a Huge map and Normal/CivFusion Game speed.

Hm, mind posting a save I can take a look at?

Ummm, I'll just quote myself:

Just wondering if anyone else can confirm this, as I seem to be the only one with this problem.

When I go Play A Scenario or Custom Scenario, Earth 34civs, it defaults to 11 players. I have to add them in manually if I want more. Can you tell me step by step what you are doing because I think we might be talking about two different things.

Cheers,
ripple01

When I go Play A Scenario or Custom Scenario, Earth 34civs, it defaults to 11 players. I have to add them in manually if I want more. Can you tell me step by step what you are doing because I think we might be talking about two different things.

Well, I load the mod, select Play A Scenario, then the 34 civs Earth map. All the civs show up, but selecting the Americans results in a MAF. I mentioned it because selecting Egypt didn't give me any problems. (I just checked again with the Arabs: again I get a MAF when selecting the civ leader, Abu Bakr. with the Americans I selected Washington.)

BTW, I tried the Americans because I wanted to make a map with accurate civ placement instead of the current random placement. I checked and opening the Worldbuilder only reveals 11 civs, like you said...

EDIT: I also checked loading via Custom Scenario and the map script seems to be locked at 11 civs (setting civ #12 to Open has no effect).

DL link to .72 Public seems to be down?

Well, I load the mod, select Play A Scenario, then the 34 civs Earth map. All the civs show up, but selecting the Americans results in a MAF. I mentioned it because selecting Egypt didn't give me any problems. (I just checked again with the Arabs: again I get a MAF when selecting the civ leader, Abu Bakr. with the Americans I selected Washington.)

BTW, I tried the Americans because I wanted to make a map with accurate civ placement instead of the current random placement. I checked and opening the Worldbuilder only reveals 11 civs, like you said...

EDIT: I also checked loading via Custom Scenario and the map script seems to be locked at 11 civs (setting civ #12 to Open has no effect).

Hm, I tried to start a few games using Washington and Abu Bakr and didn't experience what you are seeing. Anyone else run into this issue? It's odd that a MAF would occur at the beginning of a game. Can you start a regular game through Play Game and the crashes are only happening on the 34 civs map? I created that 34 civs map and I had very little idea what I was doing. Maybe I screwed something up...

DL link to .72 Public seems to be down?

Ugh, I'll see what I can do... the final release is just around the corner so maybe I'll just hold off until then. I'd like to find another place to host that doesn't take my file off... :(

Cheers,
ripple01

The Play Now option works fine. (I tried China, then the Dutch; no problems at all.)

EDIT: Not sure if this is any help, but I'm also having problems with the 33/36 civs maps of the Destiny mod; only there it's not MAFs, just CTDs without any message.)

Ugh, I'll see what I can do... the final release is just around the corner so maybe I'll just hold off until then. I'd like to find another place to host that doesn't take my file off... :(

No Probs matey, always a pleasure - and your hard work is always worth waiting for! ;)

Hi Ripp ... umm... if you get bored of nothing to do ... there was a mod for Warlords called Genetic Era. Apart from some extremely advanced military units, its main feature was the ability to settle towns in the sea. This required new technologies and sea resources. Does this sound like something you'd be interested incorporating into CivFusion?

Hmm when I discover how to post a save...

Can anyone tell me how? I never used a forum that allowed to attach files before.

There is a little paperclip icon when you are posting that if you click on it, it will allow you to attach files.

Hi Ripp ... umm... if you get bored of nothing to do ... there was a mod for Warlords called Genetic Era. Apart from some extremely advanced military units, its main feature was the ability to settle towns in the sea. This required new technologies and sea resources. Does this sound like something you'd be interested incorporating into CivFusion?

If I did add something like this, it would be down the road a bit. I'd have to go back and look at that mod a little closer, I have a vague memory of it.

Cheers,
ripple01

CivFusion 0.72 is released! The main new addition is a 2nd Unique Unit for each civ, but there are a slew of other tweaks, improvements, and bug fixes. The download link and changelog in the first few posts have been updated. Happy gaming, and please don't forget to post any feedback you may have, positive or negative.

Cheers,
ripple01

Ok i installed 0.72. I was really looking forward to play the mod but when i started up a new map, there was no interface. I wasn't able to give promotions move and build a city because i don't know the commands. Can someone help me. It did the same with thomas's war.

Hi mastercman333,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. If you could answer a couple of questions for me, I can probably help you get things working.

1) What OS are you using? XP? Vista?

2) Are you using Civ 4 complete?

3) Are you playing in English or another language?

Cheers,
ripple01

Im using vista
Im just using beyond the sword with civ 4 gold edition installed before that, if that's what u mean.
Im playing in English.

Just wondering, is there anyway to disable the graphics that come with "CivFusion? I vastly prefer Blue Marble to the Improved Graphics, but CivFusion keeps overloading my blue marble files.

i want to try this mod be when i'm loading a new game, on the right side of the screen it shows the list of the mods but then freezes before i can do anything, and on my desktop it is runtime error c++ library. Any ideas what i could do to fix this?

So I got it to work I was missing the patch but now my game freezes at 1608 AD???? :(

sounds similar to my issue just different time mine was later in the game

DL Link isnt working :(

Top Bottom