[BtS] Destiny Mod

Vista. :) That's the problem.

Nah, I'm kidding! and don't worry, no hard feelings.

It's a nice mod, I don't know why you're having problems. Maybe a configuration isssue?
You'll have to wait for the mod maker to show up.

Hey Kitsune420 I do as well think the mod is sweet. As you mentioned, some mods have issues with Vista. I'm afraid that might be the case for you, I personally don't use Vista as I've just heard too many bad things about it and I'm fairly happy with Xp. That being said, is there some sort of compatibility mode in Vista for XP you could maybe run? I've seen threads that mention how code that runs fine in XP just dies in Vista's more strict environment and I can only guess that is what's going on here.

One thing that I can recommend as it has helped me recently also is clearing the civ 4 cache. Attached to this email is a batch file that will do that. It worked for me as the game kept crashing for no known reason after working fine for a long time with no changes. I cleared the cache and it started working again.

Let me know how it goes for you I hope this helps.

Also if anyone is running this mod fine with Vista and they have advice for Kitsune420, tell us your secrets!

Attachments

• Civ4_Clear_Caches.rar
    1,002 bytes · Views: 99
Awesome mod!
I'm having a little bug however. When I get to the industrial era, my workshops and lumbermills disappear. I still get the bonuses from them but I can't see them, which is obviously a little problematic. All the other resources and improvements are just fine. Also the roads in the industrial era and later are almost the same exact color as the railroads. It makes it kind of hard to see what you need to improve. Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions?
Again, very cool mod!

I looked into it. It seems when I was trying to reduce the size of the mod I accidentally took out a bit too much - and so missing art for lumbermill and worksshop as you said...

To fix it, extract these .RAR files into your ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Destiny\Assets\Art folder.

I think these will also fix the roads problem as well....

Attachments

• Terrain.rar
    160.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Structures.rar
    5.7 MB · Views: 80
That didn't fix it. Do I have to start a new game?

Also, I've noticed another bug with the assault mech unit. There's a graphical glitch where huge mechs are attached to units, usually naval ships and bombers, but some other units as well. I used to get this bug a lot when I played next war, but I think they fixed it with one of the patches. Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions?

Looks excellent, DL'ing now. I don't see a FAQ so I apologize because this has probably already been asked, but any plans to add more civs to the mix?

The mirror still worked for me. But I'm getting a lot of bugs and crashes so far. Will try to narrow it down, and if I find any useful info I will bring it back to you.

I've come across a fascinating and baffling bug. The game will be fine until late era, like when I'm researching plastics and that stuff, and one of my units will suddenly no longer have command buttons when selected (fortify, sentry, etc etc). It'll be selected, and I can right-click-move it around, but I can't tell it to DO anything unless I use hotkeys.

At first only one or two units will be like this, then more and more of them over the next few turns.

Then the bug attacks cities. selecting a city's production by clicking on the city's info bar will not have buttons for different productions. Nor am I able to set production by going to city info screen.

Then it gets weirder. Once I've entered a city info screen, when I hit escape, the map zooms back out, but the whole city info border is still there. Won't go away. And there are now fewer things on the map I can click on.

The persistent city border can be cleared by changing the video resolution, but when I do that, the ENTIRE UI disappears all save the little red 'next turn' circle, and the flag below it. Everything else is gone, no UI at all. I can still hit ESC to access the menu though.

Okay, now here's the REALLY weird part.

When I go back to a savegame before the bug hits, and play again, the bug will happen again, over the same number of turns, in exactly the same progression, exactly the same way, down to each individual unit that starts bugging first.

So far this whole rigamarole has happened in 3 games, but at different (but all late game) points. Also, playing vanilla civ4 without the mod exhibits none of this odd behavior. As an additional note, I'm playing on lowest graphic detail settings and no AA, to (partially) avoid the dreaded memory-leak-crash (it seems to help a little).

Sooo.... any ideas here? :D

edit: btw, I always play with 'new random seed on reload'.

I've come across a fascinating and baffling bug. The game will be fine until late era, like when I'm researching plastics and that stuff, and one of my units will suddenly no longer have command buttons when selected (fortify, sentry, etc etc). It'll be selected, and I can right-click-move it around, but I can't tell it to DO anything unless I use hotkeys.

At first only one or two units will be like this, then more and more of them over the next few turns.

Then the bug attacks cities. selecting a city's production by clicking on the city's info bar will not have buttons for different productions. Nor am I able to set production by going to city info screen.

Then it gets weirder. Once I've entered a city info screen, when I hit escape, the map zooms back out, but the whole city info border is still there. Won't go away. And there are now fewer things on the map I can click on.

The persistent city border can be cleared by changing the video resolution, but when I do that, the ENTIRE UI disappears all save the little red 'next turn' circle, and the flag below it. Everything else is gone, no UI at all. I can still hit ESC to access the menu though.

Okay, now here's the REALLY weird part.

When I go back to a savegame before the bug hits, and play again, the bug will happen again, over the same number of turns, in exactly the same progression, exactly the same way, down to each individual unit that starts bugging first.

So far this whole rigamarole has happened in 3 games, but at different (but all late game) points. Also, playing vanilla civ4 without the mod exhibits none of this odd behavior. As an additional note, I'm playing on lowest graphic detail settings and no AA, to (partially) avoid the dreaded memory-leak-crash (it seems to help a little).

Sooo.... any ideas here? :D

edit: btw, I always play with 'new random seed on reload'.

That is quite a baffling situation, I've never heard anything like it before or experienced it myself. Can anyone offer any advice for Elt?

Top Bottom