BTS Europe (Huge, 18 civs)

AU_Armageddon

Cenobyte
Modified the huge Europe map that came with the game to include the BTS civs. Found the default resources on the map to be very sparse so actually did quite a bit more of a revamp than I did with the Earth maps. Tried to balance out the civs some but Europe's Europe so some are gonna be competing for land more than others (strategic resources even it out some).

Civs I went with are:

Babylon (Hammurabi)
France (DeGaulle)
Viking (Ragnar)
Greece (Pericles)
Carthage (Hannibal)
Russia (Catherine)
Egypt (Ramesses)
German (Frederick)
Sumerians (Gilgamesh)
English (Churchhill)
Dutch (Willem)
Portuguese (Joao)
Spain (Isabella)
Byzantine (Justinian)
Celts (Boudica)
Romans (Augustus)
Ottoman (Suleiman)
Ethiopia (Zara Yaqob)

Civs are all accurately placed cept for a few balance moves being that Celts are in Scotland instead of Wales, Ottomans start in eastern Turkey to make room for Byzantine, and Ethiopia (obviously) start north of Ethiopia.

Enjoy :)

EDIT: Max turns setting was limiting Epic & Marathon Games. Fixed in the new file attached: Pretty's Europe.

Attachments

• PrettyEurope.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 637
  • Pretty's Europe.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,352
Jiipii!!
Great man, thx!

How about Europe without Africa or Asia or in other words Europe.

Max turns setting was limiting Epic & Marathon Games. Fixed in the new file attached: Pretty's Europe.

How about Europe without Africa or Asia or in other words Europe.
1) This is the Europe that came with the game.
2) There aren't 18 'EU member' civs in the game.
3) There are a million Europe maps already. Only point of this was to allow for experiencing BTS civs. Thus, coincidentally nice to be able to include Sumeria, Babylonians, and Ethiopians (as well as Carthage etc).
4) Put Europe into Google Images and this map is actually what you get 5000 maps of. Most games with Europe whether civ or an RTS like Age of Kings, or combo games like Rome Total War all coincidentally use this exact map for Europe. Presumably because most of 'our' history took place on this full map.
5) This was by request and figured what the hell. Only took me an hour. Not much interest in playing Europe, prefer whole world maps.
6) lol. Being a smart alec is not a good way to word a request. Build it yourself. :trouble:

Well, i played it and I must admit that my computer explodes at the end of the game :) Its the same with the World maps.

I cant play that big maps with BTS. Strangly, i never had problems with enormous maps before the BTS came out. Seems like BTS is sucking energy out of the system.

Could you change Churchill to Eliza and make it so it's still possible for us to make colonies even with all 18 civs in play?

The Celtic leader is named "PrettyHateMachine", just like Winston Churchill is on your world map. Is this your way of "signing" your maps, or is it a coincidense? I love both maps myself, but those names are incredibly annoying... please correct them to the authentic ones. ;)

Took your suggestion and posted a map in the premade map forum. Thanks for the nudge. It's called Dave Europe BTS. The Celts are in Ireland, Vikings renamed Sweden, Rome renamed Italian States, Byzantines moved to Poland, HRE moved to Austria.

I learned how to remove the unauthentic name (victory!), and have tested the map further. My only remaining issue is about the resources.

- The entire Soviet region is practically without a single resource, white there's an overabundance of them everywhere else.
- My home country of Norway consists of little but massive hordes of uranium, which can hardly be found anywhere else.

Otherwise, my favourite so far.

RE: Maybe a certain civ should be added (HRE)
- Just don't like having Rome and Holy Roman Empire in same game. Personal taste. Feel free to add it yourself and remove Ethiopia or something.

RE: PrettyHateMachine
Didn't name deliberately, it's my username and happens by default with player 1. Rush jobs so simply overlooked.

1) Right click the world builder save and choose "open with...".
2) Choose Notepad
3) Scroll down. First you will see all 18 players starting techs and initialisation (about 5 lines per player). Scroll past it and then you will see details initiailaised for all players. Player 0 you will see "PrettyHateMachine". Replace it with "Boudica" or "Churchill" (depending on map), save it, and you're good to go.

RE: Balance
Well again...was a rush job to let us play BTS civs till more professionally minded people made better alternatives. 3 weeks in now I'd expect that there are more options available.
Soviets were deliberate to balance em out for MP. Soviets have the most free space by tenfold and whats more, Soviets have the near infinite access to one of the most powerful resources in the game (trees) and in the hands of people I play with, can chop a large and incredibly powerful empire in blistering time (typically replaced with cottages).

Norway was a bit of fun with the Uranium. Fact is though, they have iron, fur and seafood resources as well as an over-abundance of trees to chop workers, then settlers, and then an invasion army. Being financial and aggressive with their fast boats and amphibious bonus, I actually found Ragnar one of the easiest and most powerful to play.

If I actually spent some real time designing a map, I'd bunch resources up a lot more like that and remove them elsewhere cos in the real world, there is a reason Japan went south and it wasn't for pretty beaches, there is a reason America wants control in the Middle East and it isn't to free Iraqis, and there is a reason powers wants Africa to keep fighting. Reason is finding one isolated resource doesn't feed an empire...

Love the map. 1 question: Carthage has Horse Archers as its UU, but the closest horse resource I can find is across the sea in Italy. I didn't see one in the all of N. Africa (I could have easily missed it). Seems like it makes it pretty hard on Carthage with no resource to build their UU unless the kill off Rome.

Top Bottom