[BtS] JKP1187's NOT JUST ANOTHER NEXTWAR MOD

I will try to make the time to make some adjustments to the numbers this week -- no promises, though, things just got pretty hectic today. :(

I can't seem to play the "default" next war scenario using this mod. Judging by what you said about removing the nextwar leaders (Mr. Big, etc), should I take it that you have completely removed this scenario from the game? I think that's a bit of a shame, I really liked the modern setting, small number of vast empires, and realistic city placement.

That's right. The Firaxis Next War Earth scenario is not included in this mod. That was a deliberate decision, because I wanted to create a mod that was seamlessly integrated with the vanilla game.

If I ever get the time (ha ha!) I may try to re-design a modern scenario on the Earth map, perhaps including up to eight different civs. But that will have to wait for the future....

Hi i have problem here, i extracted the mod into the mods folder but when im in the game

1. i get two choices for the mods... the 1.3 and 1.42 version...
2. When i choose either version and i load mod nothing changed, it showed that i can Unload the mod but the civilopedia stayed the same and none of the technologies got added, and how the heck can i use this mod to play on the earth from ancient to modern times with 40 civs or any number of civs for that matter....

Sounds like you put an old version and a new version in the mods folder.

You aren't installing it over the original Next War folder that came with the game are you? This mod is a variant of Next War, but it is not meant to replace the original Next War.

Have you tried deleting the JKP NextWar folders and reinstalling? That's what I'd try first.

allright awesome the mod now works.. now is it possible to create a custom game with 40 civs on "earth"?? cause there doesnt seem to be a map for that..

damn... well umm is it possible to play on earth with any number of civs with this mod?
cause it would be cooler than having to play on some other world.

Hey, new user with a problem. I've downloaded the mod and try to start a game. I get the loading bar with 'Initializing,' then 'Init Graphics,' and then 'Setup Map,' but then the game crashes and I get a message saying Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can play a regular BTS game, but not jkp's next war mod. Any ideas? I'm really looking forward to finally getting the mod up and running.

Hey, new user with a problem. I've downloaded the mod and try to start a game. I get the loading bar with 'Initializing,' then 'Init Graphics,' and then 'Setup Map,' but then the game crashes and I get a message saying Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can play a regular BTS game, but not jkp's next war mod. Any ideas? I'm really looking forward to finally getting the mod up and running.

what BtS-version, do you have? (Complete, Steam, normal)
You need to patch BtS to Version 3.13 to play the mod.

I guess I have BTS normal. Just installed it the other day from the disk and patched it to 3.13 and added bhruic's unofficial 3.13 patch as well. As a test, I played a regular BTS game for 6+ hours last night (all in the name of research of course), and never experienced a hitch. I'm having the computer randomly generate the map; do I need to have a custom map installed and selected for the mod?

No, you do not need a custom map or anything to play this mod.

Make sure that you have the most up to date 'official' patch from Firaxis for BtS (currently v. 3.13). After that, install Bhruic's unofficial patch for 3.13 (or, at the very least, install it in the Not Just Another NextWar Mod folder.) I'd also suggest re-installing the mod.

Ok. I'll try that when I get home. When I install Bhruic's patch, I just replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file with the version he provides, right? Or is there more to it than that? If I install it in the Not Just Another NextWar Mod folder, then I would replace the one already present in that folder, right? Sorry I'm so computer un-savy.

Alright, when I get home I'm going to delete BTS, reinstall it, officially patch it, unofficially (bhruic) patch it and then try to use bhruic's patch on the NJANW Mod folder. [Crosses fingers] Hopefully that will get everything working.

Alright, when I get home I'm going to delete BTS, reinstall it, officially patch it, unofficially (bhruic) patch it and then try to use bhruic's patch on the NJANW Mod folder. [Crosses fingers] Hopefully that will get everything working.

you shouldn´t do the last thing, as the Bhruic patch is already in the mod

After uninstalling everything (even Civ vanilla) and then re-updating and patching everything, the NJANW Mod is now running beautifully. Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions and special thanks to jkp1187 for the mod. Now I can get down to my primary goal of the weekend: Taking over the world using my army of clones and giant mecha.

I'm glad to see you changed the name from "Clone" to "Clonejack" a la genejack, but if you're going to do that, why not just call them Drones? Then you could put in my all time favorite wav file, that of the end game wav from Alpha Centauri, "Please don't go. The Drones need you; they look up to you!"

=)~

I really, really, really, wish some of you high speed modders would make a Alpha Centauri mod for Civ IV. I don't know Python or HTML, but it seems like it would be a semi easy mode to make, especially since a lot of the sound files are already in the original game. True, I'm sure you'd have to do all new unit icons as I'm sure the original icons from AC or AC:AC wouldn't work.

...as soon as the new version of Fall From Heaven finishes downloading...sometime next week, I think!.

Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom