[BtS MOD] Wolfshanze 1850-1920 Enhancement Mod v2.0

Sorry to see all of this anger. Refar is a very sad person. It is obvious his motives lie elsewhere.

hey, when i try to play as hitler in the terra singleplayer map the game keeps on crashing. Any reasons?
Are you trying to play a specific scenario? Is it one of the ones that came with the Wolfshanze Mod, or a scenario that shipped with Civ4? The only scenarios the Wolfshanze Mod supports are the 33, 34 & 35 civ maps I include with the download... are one of those the scenario you speak of? Those scenarios that ship with the mod DO WORK, but you must have the custom DLL included to play them (in other words, you have to be running BtS v3.13... if you just updated to v3.17 and/or removed the custom DLL, the earth scenarios won't work).

In-short, it will work with the included earth maps included, but you must use the custom DLL (which in-turn requires the use of BtS v3.13).

In the end, I have a different opinion then you... and because of that difference...
Whether you believe it or not, i was wondering this myself. And i am do not really know, why it ticked me out like this, but it did. In fact i wasn't aiming at hurting or depriving you - even less so someone else - of something. I was just [pissed] to no end. I still am, actually.

But you are right: taking it here was wrong, and for this i would like to apologize.

I am not going to pollute your thread any further, but since i started the brawl in public here, i guess the apology should be public as well.

On a different note....

We are able to play on line and connect after switching out Wolfhanze mod dll with the new core 3.17 dll.

However, it seems we can't play any of our saved games.

Oh well, I wasn't doing too good on that game anyway. ;)

Apology accepted... I don't hold internet grudges... I'll talk with anyone regardless of past discussions (but I'll still probably be my crabby old-self)...

Moving on...

On a different note....

We are able to play on line and connect after switching out Wolfshanze mod dll with the new core 3.17 dll.

However, it seems we can't play any of our saved games.

Oh well, I wasn't doing too good on that game anyway. ;)
Yeah... that's to be expected... when you mess around with Gamecore.DLLs, expect to lose save-game compatability.

You didn't, by chance, try the Wolfshanze Mod WITH the custom DLL, did you? I know that was a long shot, but figured it's worth a single CTD, eh?

In other news... I will probably "officially" make the mod compatible with v3.17 in either the next (or next to next) release of the mod... I just want to see what happens with Solver and/or Bhruic fixes before moving that direction, then I'll need a little help on making a 40-civ gamecore fix (Xeno?).

I wish you make a torrent version of your mod. I cannot download it, because it is too large.

Are you trying to play a specific scenario? Is it one of the ones that came with the Wolfshanze Mod, or a scenario that shipped with Civ4? The only scenarios the Wolfshanze Mod supports are the 33, 34 & 35 civ maps I include with the download... are one of those the scenario you speak of? Those scenarios that ship with the mod DO WORK, but you must have the custom DLL included to play them (in other words, you have to be running BtS v3.13... if you just updated to v3.17 and/or removed the custom DLL, the earth scenarios won't work).

In-short, it will work with the included earth maps included, but you must use the custom DLL (which in-turn requires the use of BtS v3.13).
These scenarios don't work and the normal games with random maps crash too. I'll have to see, maybe I haven't updated my BtS to the latest patch...

Official support for the Wolfshanze Mod is BtS v3.13... it has not been "officially" cleared for v3.17 yet.

Adding the 40-civ and global warming mod to the 3.17 SDK is easy; adding the changes Bhruic had that Firaxis left out is harder.
IMO, the biggest problem is editing all the XML files so that they are in line with the patch would take longer.
I'd probably take the XML duty on myself... I'm not even sure I'd want to match all the changes, but I'll definately take a look at that... I already know my mod will work with v3.17 as-is (minus the DLL)... the only thing I would need is a 40-civ (+Global Warming) friendly v3.17 DLL... but at the moment, I'm waiting to see what's going on with Solver and/or Bhruic before I commit to that... Solver already has a v3.17 patch out... but there still seem to be some issues with v3.17 that need to be ironed out... so right now I'm kinda sitting back and waiting to see what develops approach.

Oh, I was thinking as a possible idea, "What about a static unit that needs to be placed by another unit but can act as a defence for that resource tile?" I can remember in C3C I had a bunker unit that needed to be placed by the transport helicopter as it couldn't move by itself but could be loaded. I just suggest this as a possible idea as a way to protect resource tiles. Not sure how the AI would use it. Does anyone know if the AI really uses air transports and helicopters in game?

Also on a different note, what about a unit like the Humvee Avenger SAM being included as a fast SAM that can engage without being on the Intercept mission but with less accuracy than a fortified normal SAM. Even with fortification I think the Humvee Avenger SAM should have a slightly less Intercept Chance but should be faster than the regular SAM to keep up with units on the battlefield.

I know both of these changes would require .xml modification but I am just asking whether it might be possible to make these...

No, just delete the custom gamecore.dll from the mod folder and it should work quite well. It only depends whether you want the benefits of Bhurics patch and playing 40 civs on one map.

I've just found this Mod and would love to try it.... but I've also just updated my BtS to 3.17. Will I need to wait until an update comes out?
As mentioned, you can play this mod with v3.17 of BtS, but you'll need to go into the Wolfshanze mod "Assets" folder and delete/remove the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file.

You won't be able to play beyond the Civ4 default of 18-civs in one game (or my 35-civ earth maps), but otherwise the mod will play normal Civ4 games in v3.17 of BtS.

I'll make an "official" v3.17-friendly version in the near future... but for now, removing the custom DLL will work as a stop-gap.

Official support for the Wolfshanze Mod is BtS v3.13... it has not been "officially" cleared for v3.17 yet.

ok, thanks. I cant check right now because yesterday I uninstalled my game and i'm reinstalling it today. I'll have 3.13 in mind.

I finished reinstalling my game- what do I do now? My BtS version is 3.00 and when I try updating it automatically starts updating to 3.17.

I finished reinstalling my game- what do I do now? My BtS version is 3.00 and when I try updating it automatically starts updating to 3.17.
You have two options... full-support of all features requires v3.13 of BtS. You can either manually update the game (instead of autoupdate) with v3.13, or you can go-ahead and upgrade to v3.17, but then you'll need to remove the custom GameCoreDLL.DLL file in the Wolfshanze Mod "Assets" directory to get it to run with v3.17... you'll also lose 35-civ support in this mode, but you will be able to play normal games with 18 civs or less in v3.17.

Like I said though... if you want full-support, stick to v3.13 of BtS for now (manually update instead of auto). You can do it either way... the choice is yours.

You have two options... full-support of all features requires v3.13 of BtS. You can either manually update the game (instead of autoupdate) with v3.13, or you can go-ahead and upgrade to v3.17, but then you'll need to remove the custom GameCoreDLL.DLL file in the Wolfshanze Mod "Assets" directory to get it to run with v3.17... you'll also lose 35-civ support in this mode, but you will be able to play normal games with 18 civs or less in v3.17.

Like I said though... if you want full-support, stick to v3.13 of BtS for now (manually update instead of auto). You can do it either way... the choice is yours.

Uhhh, I'll go with manual update, I have a feeling that I'll screw up the DLL. (like almost always) P.S. If you need any ideas for future updates to your mod, I'll be happy to give you a ton of ideas. :)

Top Bottom