[BTS] Rise of Mankind PitBoss game, est. start in October

StefOfDk

Casual player
Read more about the new Civilization Multiplayer League (CivMPL) at www.civmultiplayer.com.

In the community CivMPL we are preparing to launch a pitboss game just for Rise of Mankind 2.71 (current version). We want as many players as possible, hence this post. If it is a success we will continue a series of games as an entire league.

Read more about the league/game at http://www.civmultiplayer.com/?page=battle_details&send_battle_id=28

All you need to do is register on the website, visit the page above and make a comment where you state which Leader/Civ you want to play.

A number of AI players will probably be included to fill up the map and make the game more dynamic.

All settings can be changed and discussed before the game begins.

The league starts up when at least 10 players have made a note if their interest.

So how will it work if you have more than 10 people? Are you going to be running multiple games on the same map with up to 10 in each game? The map doesn't look very big so 10 players will surely be enough.

I am eager to try out a PitBoss game, never done that before. So what is this Rise of Mankind? A Mod of some kind? How different is it to the usual Civ?

Well look at it this way: The regular Civ4 is a "simple version" of Rise of Mankind :D So what I mean is that Rise of Mankind has a lot more options when it comes to technology, religion, resources, civics, units, buildings. There are like a ton of tech advances, quite a few new/changed religions, a lot more resources, a lot more civics, a TON more units and buildings - and it lasts longer than to 2050 or likewise. It has a future era with future technologies. It also has different sizes - huge is the most in Civ4 whereas Rise of Mankind has giant and gigantic and maybe more. It has different maximum turns - up to 3.000 I think or somethink like that.

Plus it has a lot more options of how you want statistics to be shown. You can make tweaks to the options inside the game. You can see more info on the screen about upcoming great leaders and generals. Well, there is just a LOT more.

It is a GREAT mod - best of all I've tried!

Read more about it at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=273373

Hope you join the Pitboss-game.

In (I think)

Only 2nd Pitboss game (including the 1st one I'm currently in)

If possible I'll take Random Leader/Random Civ

I haven't played this particular MOD, so hopefully it's not to much of a handicap

Sarge

I have not played RoM much so there will be both experienced and unexperienced players so no worries - it is all just to have fun - and to compete a bit :D

It's okay that you choose random.

Top Bottom