[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Texas, and add Reagan as a leader to U.S.

Hello, Is there any reason way this mod crashes (Memory Allocation Failure) after I quit one game? Do any of these mods work as advertised? I can't get any of them to work since I "upgraded" to patch 3.17.:mad: Even the bullet proof mods like Wolfshanze don't work right anymore. This is getting very, very old. I just needed to vent!

Scott

Just out of curiosity, in the next version what new Civs would you like to see? This is of course not for a long way off, but when I finally do get around to starting to program it, it would be good to know.

I'd probably add Argentina and Australia to flesh out modern geographic representation. Scythia because they were important enough that I should have added them already. And Elam (which is kinda half programed in already - just commented out) I just didn't have time to finish them this version.

Who else?

Here are a few suggestions of Civs I’d like to see:

Cornwall (Fishing/Mining)
Civ Description: Cornish Empire
Short Description: Cornwall
Civ Adjective: Cornish
Leader: Margh of Cornovii – “The Hound of the Sea” (Strategic / Financial)
UU: Cornish Raider (Replaces Spearmen) Add Amphibious
UB: Mên-an-Tol (replaces Monument)

Philippines (Hunting/Fishing)
Civ Description: Filipino Empire
Short Description: The Philippines
Civ Adjective: Filipino
Leader: Manuel Quezon (Industrial, Diplomatic); Lapu-Lapu (Aggressive, Agricultural); Ferdinand Marcos (Nationalistic, Philosophical)
UU:One of Eskrimador(replaces Spearman, uses animation like a Aztec Jaguar, Starts with Woodsman 1 and Formation),Katipunero (Replaces Rifleman, Drill I and City Protection I), or Katipunan (Replaces Marine, Stars with Woodsman I&II, and Extra First Strike)
UB: Barangay Hall (Replaces Jail) -20% Maintainance
Kao’Chai is modding a nice one, but it still needs work, and I would like to see it compatible with your Mod Prior to WWII, Manila was the largest cosmopolitan city in the world, and played an important role in several wars. I am really surprised there is so few efforts on this Civ.

Dacia (Mining/Agriculture)
Civ Description: Dacian Empire
Short Description: Dacia
Civ Adjective: Dacian
Leader: Burebista (Nationalistic, Agricultural)
UU: Falxman (Replaces Axeman) Starts with Shock
UB: Murus Dacicus (Replaces Wall) Units start with City Garrison I

Esnaz did a really good Ireland (Though I would prefer to see a Harp on the Flag Rather than a Shamrock), and making it compatable with your mod would be great.

Hello, Is there any reason way this mod crashes (Memory Allocation Failure) after I quit one game? Do any of these mods work as advertised? I can't get any of them to work since I "upgraded" to patch 3.17.:mad: Even the bullet proof mods like Wolfshanze don't work right anymore. This is getting very, very old. I just needed to vent!

Scott

MAF is a common problem in any big mod, and unfortunately nothing can be done about them except playing on smaller maps or lower graphic settings.

Also, if you load a large save it will load fine, but then try to reload it will MAF. However, if you re-load the mod in between in won't MAF.

It's a problem with Civ itself and not caused by faulty programming in my or anyone else's mods.

I, however, do apologize that it wasn't working as you hoped. I've tried my best to avoid high-poly things when possible or complex code that would make MAFs even more frequent however.

any of the leaders Ekmek has made

any of the leaders Ekmek has made

haha most of my leaders are Ekmek's, and all his best ones usually end up in the newest version (a few were released the day before I released this so I didn't get the chance to put them in).

if there are any modular loading civs you could add them pretty easily to this mod. i don't use modular loading for the civs i make because of python but there should be nothing stopping people from using them on their own in the interim.

Dacia was going to be in this version actually, but ended up being shelved for a future version

MAF is a common problem in any big mod, and unfortunately nothing can be done about them except playing on smaller maps or lower graphic settings.

Also, if you load a large save it will load fine, but then try to reload it will MAF. However, if you re-load the mod in between in won't MAF.

It's a problem with Civ itself and not caused by faulty programming in my or anyone else's mods.

I, however, do apologize that it wasn't working as you hoped. I've tried my best to avoid high-poly things when possible or complex code that would make MAFs even more frequent however.

Actually, there now is a thread on MAF solution: check the BtS forums.

OK thanks. I appreciate your effort to help me out, I have enjoyed your past mods. Hopefully this problem will pass in time.

Scott

Please help me. I a noob to downloading mods etc

It won't work and I think it is because lots of the files cannot be opened on my PC.

Could you please tell me where and how I can red PY files and any other files I will need to play this because it looks really awesome and I'll be really annoyed if I can'y play it :/

Oh and also, I am playing on the regular version Civ4

Thanks in advance

I thought you might to know what is wrong, when I try to load this mod from my list it loads about halfway and then says these thingss

Fail to load python module CivEventInterface

Failed Loading XML file XML\BasicInfos/CIV4BasicInfos.xml
.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File-
File:XML\BasicInfos/CIV4BasicInfos.xml
Reason: Element content is incimplete according to the DTD/Schema
Line: 415, 3
Source: </Civ4BasicInfos>

Load XML call failed for BasicInfos/CIV4BasicInfos.xml
Current XML file is: Art/CIV4Defines_Feature.xml

And that's all it said, It ould be so grateful if you told me what is going on here thanks :D

Lord Tirian is correct, you need BTS there is no way around that. Sorry.
(Thanks for helping on the forum Lord Tirian)

.py files are just python files. Those can be opened with notepad and even standard civ uses them.

The error that is coming up is because the mod is calling for elements that were added to the game in the expansions, from that error, specifically, in game events, but there are lots of other things that would be missing, including many XML and Art files as those would be loaded from the installed BTS folders.

Downloaded mod successfuly, and today at evening will try it out!
Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

I have a rather strange problem. I read through the previous posts and tried to find something similar, but couldn't.

After ending the turn (see savegame attached), the mouse switches to "calculating" mod (turning planet), but the game doesn't move on to the next turn. I had the same problem a few turns earlier, it got resolved by playing a bit differently. But now, nothing seems to work. Anyone familiar with the problem?+

thanks

Attachments

• Isabella AD-1835.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
ok thanks for clearing that up, I asked for BTS for my birthday anyways, which is this month so that isn't too much of a problem :D

Hi guys,

I have a rather strange problem. I read through the previous posts and tried to find something similar, but couldn't.

After ending the turn (see savegame attached), the mouse switches to "calculating" mod (turning planet), but the game doesn't move on to the next turn. I had the same problem a few turns earlier, it got resolved by playing a bit differently. But now, nothing seems to work. Anyone familiar with the problem?+

thanks

Thanks for including the save. It could be a bug. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Just some clarification: is that save on the turn before it happened? Did you do something specific? Anything that would help me reproduce what you did will be helpful. Just loading it up there's something I never realized. It claims there's only 40 turns left at only 1835 which is much too early and something I never thought to change for pre-save maps. There may be more conflicts with the scenario maps. Aslo, I got a MAF (though I tried loading it on my slower laptop) which tells me it could be a memory problem. JEELEN said there was a thread that suggested a solution for MAFs - I'm not sure which thread exactly, I'll look - but if the problems are connected solving one might solve both. This is just preliminary. Still need to look at it in more detail, but anything you can provide in terms of what map you used, settings will help.

Not sure how I have missed a mod like this of such magnitude and scope..!!

Well done with what you have created I will look forward to trying it out.

When you have noted that it does not use its own dll and would be compatible with say the unofficial patch, or even the Better AI 0.41, would there not be a balancing problem, with say the Better AI, as that would not have been designed in anticipation of your changes and additions to the game, or have I got that wrong..?

I assume it would be a matter of just using the civgamecoredll the Better AI to get the benefit of the Better AI without needing to merge the xml and python files...?

The better AI would only deal with the AI functions it was programed for. Adding it would cause no problems and would make the AI use those base functions better.

It also would not interfere with the python AI I put in for the computer to use the Great Doctor / Great Statesman / Andromeda units.

Most other things I added are controlled by flavors and weights so the AI would build them according to that. If Better AI had something to better judge the flavor and weight system already in base BTS than it would help those as well.

Besides that there's really not much that would need its own AI, and what did has some form of python AI as I explained. The only thing would be the lawyer unit which I never got around to / never decided how to program some python AI.

The Better AI should work fine.

hey Tom, I have a problem! All mods that requiere 3.17, cant show unit and other graphic in civilopedia at my 3.13 version. Your mod is 3.13 compaitable and this problem is gone. But, still I have the some problem from 3.17 - when I start a game, I can't see order buttons, minimap, no other interface needs, only a map with units and terrain. I can move them, give them orders by hot keys, but most of the nesseccary actions are unavailable

Top Bottom