BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

I was also thinking we could private message this so as not to gum up the board with the noob's (That would be me) issues.
F

Maybe I am the only one, but I'm curious as to how you finaly end up getting your problem resolved. Please post the eventual solution, if you don't mind.

Also: welcome to the HOF!

Maybe I am the only one, but I'm curious as to how you finaly end up getting your problem resolved. Please post the eventual solution, if you don't mind.

Also: welcome to the HOF!

Well thank you for asking. Unfortunately, I didn't find one. Like I told Denniz at one point (In PM) I got Vanilla to work just fine with the HOF patch. Warlords and BtS still didn't. I was advised to try switching out the DLL files. I balked at this because I was afraid I'd make a horrible mess of things... and I was right. I made a horrible mess of things. So...

I wound up unistalling and reinstalling everything. Loaded the Vanilla HOF patch and it works again. Warlords on the other hand doesn't seem to exist as far as the HOF patch is concerned (Even though it loaded before AND I'm currently playing the Viking scenerio... it's there) and BtS is still telling me the assets aren't correct.

So, after several hours spread over three days, I'm just going to call it good and keep my eyes peeled for Vanilla games.

All that work just so I can get my butt kicked by a pack of teen agers... YAY!
:lol:
F

All that work just so I can get my butt kicked by a pack of teen agers... YAY!
:lol:
F

:lol: I guarantee you are not playing with a bunch of teenagers at either HOF or GOTM
(which I encouage you to check out - a new vanilla GOTM has just started). I don't know for sure but I bet in GOTM / HOF the %age of <20yr olds is very low.

Heck if you were a teenager when civ4 came out you wouldn't be one now! and what teenager wants to play a 4+yr old game!

I was a teenager when civ1 came out if it is any consolation. :D

Sorry about your CPU problems. I wonder why I've had no issues...

:lol: I guarantee you are not playing with a bunch of teenagers at either HOF or GOTM
(which I encouage you to check out - a new vanilla GOTM has just started). I don't know for sure but I bet in GOTM / HOF the %age of <20yr olds is very low.

Heck if you were a teenager when civ4 came out you wouldn't be one now! and what teenager wants to play a 4+yr old game!

I was a teenager when civ1 came out if it is any consolation. :D

Sorry about your CPU problems. I wonder why I've had no issues...

Fair enough. A pack of college aged whipper snappers then. :D

Personally, when CIV I came out I was 20. You know, a college aged whipper snapper.

As for the issues, it's really no big deal. I set out to expand my options for play and have done just that.

Cheers.
:king:
F

I am getting an error saying that my HOF games are invalid. Can anyone help me with this?

Here is a screen shot of the error when I try to start Buffy 3.19.003.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am running Vista and I have all the patches, and fixes.

Did you check the HOF page for fixes related to Vista? Did you follow the instructions you found there?

Hi,

I recently went into the BUFFY options in order to set up a valid path for the autolog saves (I was getting no autologs for BUFFY games, but now I am)... but after doing so the only games seen in my personal HoF are the games played AFTER the change. Note, the games with both the new and the old setting for autolog save path are found in the same replay folder, but only the new games show up on the HoF.

Not a big deal, and I have since deleted the old replays anyhow... but I was just wondering if I should expect this behavior when I change anything in the BUFFY options.

Are you sure those other replays were played with BUFFY? Changing anything on the options screen should not affect replays. Each replay is tied to the mod that was used to play it so that you cannot browse all your replays from one mod, for example if you have some Legends of Revolution and RevDCM replays, you won't see them in the same list. However, all BUFFY replays should be visible.

Are you sure those other replays were played with BUFFY? Changing anything on the options screen should not affect replays. Each replay is tied to the mod that was used to play it so that you cannot browse all your replays from one mod, for example if you have some Legends of Revolution and RevDCM replays, you won't see them in the same list. However, all BUFFY replays should be visible.

I play all my games in BUFFY, so yeah, I'm sure.

I thought maybe there were just too many replays to display?

Anyhow, in order to save disk space I deleted them all. But I just wanted to bring it to attention in case anyone else has seen the same thing.

If you see it happen again, can you please email me (if you cannot post them) one that doesn't show and one that does? Thanks.

If you see it happen again, can you please email me (if you cannot post them) one that doesn't show and one that does? Thanks.

OK... I think I ca do the same change (for autolog save path) on my other computer and see if it occurs again. I'll let you know and keep the replays to send you if it does.

Don't forget that each version/release of BUFFY counts as a different Mod.

We've been using BUFFY 3.19.003 since forever, so I'm sure that's not the prob.

Here are two replay files, (1) from a very recent HoF submitted game that shows up in my hof (played after I altered the autolog save path), and (2) from BOTM33 which does not show up in my hof - played before I changed the autolog save path (but was accepted and uses same BUFFY mod if I understand it correctly):

(1) View attachment 263991

(2) View attachment 263992

So... what am I doing wrong? I don't think I changed anything but the autolog save path. :confused:

Oh yeah, before you ask... yes, both of these are in the same Replay folder H:\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Replays
and I had to change the autolog save directory from the H: location to the C:\Program files\... location to get it to work. So perhaps doing so messed up how the mod refers to my non-default replay drive somehow. I think this could therefore be a problem specific to my set-up rather than the MOD... but but but... it used to show them! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom