Buffy Mod support

Hey @Noble Zarkon Maybe you can cure my steam install problem? (got the same error message like everyone, even after following fixes instructions...)
I'm running Windows 10
This is the path to my BTS application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
:hatsoff:

Edit: I managed to do it. Don't mind me :o

Last edited:
Hi @Noble Zarkon

I have the same problem with the GOG version. My Windows 10 is in Spanish.

BTS Folder: C:\Archivos de programa (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I'm having a similar issue, although not Buffy-specific since I'm on Vanilla. I'm receiving the following errors when I run the asset checker:

Vanilla: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\Python\PitBoss\PbWizard.py<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\Python\Screens\CvOptionsScreen.py<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: PublicMaps\aDebugMap.py<-- Error: Extra file

Vanilla Steam directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV

Edit: Windows 11

Last edited:
@Bidoom

What error are you getting? What version do you have (Steam, GOG etc)? Is there a p[articular reason you are still playing Vanilla?

HOF Mod runs fine, but games saved are not eligible due to differences in the files (listed above).
Playing Steam version on Windows 11.
I like Vanilla.

@Noble Zarkon See attached screenshots, 2 from the game and then the asset checker results.

Attachments

• 20240220164219_1.jpg
    20240220164219_1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240220164228_1.jpg
    20240220164228_1.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 7
  • 1708465617856.png
    1708465617856.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 7
Hello @Noble Zarkon, hats off to you for the support !

I just did a windows 11 install of CIV4 BTS with GOG + Buffy and Blue Marble, in C:\Games\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword

I have the HOF dialog box warning on CIV4 BTS startup ("HOF mod unable to save settings, games not valid for HOF etc...").

It seems that some features of BUFFY / BUG do not work in my install: the "forest prechops" options do not work (workers are never auto-interrupted, boxes ticked or not), the diplo screen does not display the peace-weight modifiers. At least some features are working (e.g. fast research slider 0 to 100%).
I assume the updated registry would fix that as well ? For now I do not plan to submit game to HOF, but I would really like to have all the nice BUG features working !

Many thanks :)

Update: I stumbled upon the BUFFY-3.19.005_beta version while browsing civfanatics, after randomly googling GOTM :). The issue was that I had installed the version BUFFY-3.19.001, because it is the obviously visible one after landing on the 'BUFFY Mod released' intro page (I followed the link from Henrik's civ4 videos). My two issues above are solved in the BUFFY-3.19.005_beta

Is there a later or non beta version after BUFFY-3.19.005_beta that I should use instead ? If possible, I think it would be helpful to put a link to the most recent version on the landing page.

Last edited:
Hello, I recently wanted to play a GOTM and have gotten errors when opening the MOD saying that there is no HOF mod installed. Glancing through this thread it looks like some other people had this issue? My version is from a CD that I saved onto a USB flashdrive and copied on my current laptop.
Screenshot 2024-04-06 104409.png

Top Bottom