Bug? Missing Oil resource after Refining researched

BrianJ

King
1. I just installed Conquests and got my first game up past Refining. So far all the resources had shown up as appropriate.

Once I got refining I checked around and there is absolutely no oil on the board. I traded maps to make sure I could see all the AI squares, not a single drop of oil.

Is this a bug? The only thing I could think of is that right before getting refining I had taken a break and loaded up the first Conquest game. After this I went back to my game. Could the game have kept some settings, like disabling oil, when I looked at the Conquest game? And then carried it over to my regular game?

Has anyone had a similar problem? It's going to be very disappointing when I can't build modern units!

2. Workers. I invaded Russia and took some of her workers. I then gave her back one city that I didn't want (I was after her horse colony). She sent her workerrs back to my capital.

I decided I didn't want them so tried to trade them back to her. Keep in mind they were in my capitol. There was no option to trade workers when I tried.. Has anyone successfully traded workers in Conquests?

I posted this in General Discussion too..btw

Thanks

If you post a save game, then someone can try to figure it out.

Edit: Just got beaten on the response. Yes, there should be more than one, so go ahead and upload a save.

Ok, have it downloaded, I'll check it out.

Ok here are the results:

There is oil, I found 5 sources. Use the ctrl-shift-m function to clear map and find them, or if you prefer, look near these 5 cities:

Lezoux
Odense
Aarhus
Reva
Caesaraugusta

If you need oil immediately for your invasion plans, I suggest giving refining to the vikings, they have 2 oil sources and are willing to trade iron in exchange for oil.

Hope that helps

The vikings have two oils one near Odense and one near Aarhus. The romans have one near Caesaraugusta. The Celts have one near Deva but its on an island thats not connected to their trade network, they also have one near Glanum that is also on an island and not connected to their trade network. Thats five that I spotted quickly, there may be more.

In C3C the forumula was changed a little and there is not longer one source per civ, its lower.

PS Your more than ready to move up a level if your doing as good as it looked like dutring the brief look I took at the save.

Heheh, we both missed one. The Celts actually have three with the one I missed near Lezoux. That means there is at least six total on the map.

At least I think you meant Deva instead of Reva.

Wow, thanks guys! I see why I missed them.. hard to see against the arctic forests!

Yeah, I took a break from Civ for 2 years hehe, just getting back into it now :D I was up to Regent before.

This game is going well. So far no GL's but everything else has been smooth. I took out the Hittites to own my continent, that was fun. Then I harassed Mom Russia to get horses hehe.

So, I'm thinking I can either take out the vikings, or take out the celts.. I have enough of a tech lead that I can do either with ease.. What do you think? :)

Why not take them both out? They have it coming to them.;)

@ Woody: you're right we seem to have both missed one. Oh well, practice will eventually make perfect.

Top Bottom