• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Report

Something seems to be wrong with the balance calculation, not sue what it is. According to the balance I'm making several hundred, but in fact I'm loosing money.

Renaissance Era, running Federalism, Bureaucracy, Hired Labor, Free Market, State Atheism. Just did a big expansion settling another continent.

Would you please attach a save?

Not sure if this is a bug or intended but Rathaus can't be built by Government Offical.

I just installed this mod for the first time and I used 3.1 installer. How can I make AIautoplay to work? ctrl+shift+x does nothing. What is the problem? Does it work for others? Thanks. Privet zemliakam.

We consider AI Autoplay a testing feature, so we disable it in release builds. If you want to use it, you'll have to use SVN to get our internal builds.

Ok. But even if it is a testing feature it is still very useful for others who want to try this mod! I was searching for a good mod to play and this was really a blocking issue for me. Since I want to see myself what is in the game before wasting hours with some mod which may turn out crap. Also I am sure you would be able to get even more feedback if this feature was available because many more games statistics could be gathered.

After some fiddling around I figured out how to enable it. In BugEventManager.py add "import AIAutoPlay" and in the constructor _init_ add AIAutoPlay.AIAutoPlay(self)". After I ran AIautoplay (!) I could see some of its features and performance in the end! This seems a well cared and balanced mod from the first impression and I am going to play it I think, but please reconsider enabling this feature.

Well, as I said, it is enabled in our SVN version, which is the one our test volunteers use. We get much more feedback from the current SVN build than we get from a release version anyway, as we release roughly once a year, and the release version soon gets outdated compared to internal builds.

Well, as I said, it is enabled in our SVN version, which is the one our test volunteers use. We get much more feedback from the current SVN build than we get from a release version anyway, as we release roughly once a year, and the release version soon gets outdated compared to internal builds.

I checked out svn too. The problem is that running from svn folder is extremely slow to load the application. I even thought something was wrong until the load window poped up in several minutes. I think it is because it has to read huge amounts of unpacked data and it is slow from a harddrive. I am actually really interested in using it from svn than release especially that you say releases are rare. Any suggestions to improve start times when using from svn? is it much faster with ssd I wonder? Thanks.

I checked out svn too. The problem is that running from svn folder is extremely slow to load the application. I even thought something was wrong until the load window poped up in several minutes. I think it is because it has to read huge amounts of unpacked data and it is slow from a harddrive. I am actually really interested in using it from svn than release especially that you say releases are rare. Any suggestions to improve start times when using from svn? is it much faster with ssd I wonder? Thanks.

In theory, you can pack the assets: http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=885

But that makes updating somewhat problematic.

In theory, you can pack the assets: http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=885

But that makes updating somewhat problematic.

Thanks. Ok hahhh I decided to try to make it faster ... :) Now here is what I found. I thought that it was slow because of loading all that data. Well I moved data to ssd and to my surprise it made absolutely zero difference. Ok then what ... I go and pack data into fpk and try it and damn it is still dead slow while the release start time is fast. WTF. After some investigation I found the culprit. There must be some code which iterates through ALL the files in the mod folder. It does not matter if you rename a folder or even move it one level up if you have many files in the mod folder it will scan them all even if it is not going to use them! I see 2 problems here. First it is too fkn slow there are not that many files in Art folder. I believe that "scanning" is done by some grossly inefficient python script. Secondly I do not get why it has to go through folders which are not used in the application. Well I guess it might be useful. If some developers could give me hints where that script which iterates through files is located I could look at it. I do not know much may be that code is not accessible. Anyway here some info for thought.

Yep the scanning drives me nuts too. I always play with packed art assets because the load times are just so awful otherwise; even though packing can take a while.

The scanning is coming from the main executable, not the game core, which means we can't fix it.

Why does it do this? I suspect that it goes through the files and generates some sort of checksum of all the assets. Then when players connect into multiplayer games they simply compare checksums. If they don't match the game pops up a warning about differing files.

-Josh

Not sure if this is actually fixable since its an old problem that I've never seen fixed anywhere but the quest events are practically impossible on the larger maps. I just got the holy mountain one and it wanted me to build 64 religious buildings. Even on the huge+ earth map I'm not going to have that many before it times out, if ever.

Not sure if this is actually fixable since its an old problem that I've never seen fixed anywhere but the quest events are practically impossible on the larger maps. I just got the holy mountain one and it wanted me to build 64 religious buildings. Even on the huge+ earth map I'm not going to have that many before it times out, if ever.

Noted, thanks!

I just recently entered industrial era and some revolting peasants showed up. Well I quickly threw my regulars on them and omg these guys have machine guns! they are strength 18 while my rifles are 12. Is this a bug these look like peasants from modern era? My workers also look like modern workers in orange clothes. Now I have to drag around canons or I get 1% chance. This does look a bit unrealistic. What is it? Also I just thought it might be a good idea to just disable completely rebelling peasants after medieval era or certain culture threshold. They are just a constant annoyance and I do not see their purpose except to make it even hard to micromanage your empire.

I just recently entered industrial era and some revolting peasants showed up. Well I quickly threw my regulars on them and omg these guys have machine guns! they are strength 18 while my rifles are 12. Is this a bug these look like peasants from modern era? My workers also look like modern workers in orange clothes. Now I have to drag around canons or I get 1% chance. This does look a bit unrealistic. What is it? Also I just thought it might be a good idea to just disable completely rebelling peasants after medieval era or certain culture threshold. They are just a constant annoyance and I do not see their purpose except to make it even hard to micromanage your empire.

It is intentional. Sticking to older labor civics for long punishes player with more severe rebellions. They are supposed to be a source of annoyance.

It is intentional. Sticking to older labor civics for long punishes player with more severe rebellions. They are supposed to be a source of annoyance.

Hmm. So it is related to the fact that I moved into the industrial era isn't it? Well, I was on serfdom at that time, but had only one better labor civic available only. I was also much advanced then other civs. I find the jump in strength of rebels is amazing. One turn they harass with some poorly armed barbs with chance of winning of 0.1% against gunpowder and then suddenly the next several turn they come out with automatic weapons. Animated battles also look like a whack when my superpower army dies under some barb peasants firing ak47s in 1650 year. Rebels apparently discovered all the needed techs already. I would accept if rebels came in bigger stacks, but coming with 2-3 generations ahead weaponry is not realistic.

Another thing I play with realistic speed and usually research slider is in the area of 40-50% on average and I find that I am constantly way ahead of time in development. Reaching industrial area at 1600 is a bit too early, but may be noble is a bit too easy or small map size. I do not know. however maintaining 40% research rate is reasonable to me. I guess it is tested with AI which overexpands and has its research slider max at 10%. AI also seem to not care about over expanding at all. It tries to take land no matter what even if it is severely penalized for it. I wonder if there is any solution to this.

Ok and another thing which I am thinking I am not sure good or bad. Canons are so damn powerful!! In regular bts it is much harder to take down AI city because you only can remove city defenses with canons, but in RI you simply attack a city tile and cause massive collateral damage to AI and then city defense bonuses do not play any role because defenders become so weak. If AI does not have any weapons like canons (which i did not yet see because I am more advanced) in the city they are toast. In bts it would take much longer to take that same city, but may be it is more realistic in RI.

Having a bit of trouble loading 4.2 for Warlords.

Get a Runtime Error, saying its asking to close the application in a strange way etc.

Tried opening it from desktop and loading ingame, never gets past the Warlords loading screen before showing the error message and closing.

Any advice would be well received.

Top Bottom