Bug Reporting

I think this started with the inclusion of VD 7.5. We'll be working to eliminate the problem in the next BAT release.

That it forgets your Windowed Mode setting is very strange. Does it forget your other INI settings as well?
Nope. It isn't a Varietas problem. It's Windows. It happens most often if the game isn't run as admin, if the graphics drivers have an issue, or there was an install problem with Civ itself. This happens to people on Vanilla BTS as well, according to folks in the tech forum. It used to happen to me with Vista before 3.19 was released.

Clearing the cache before loading will help, but it's always best to elevate privilege when starting the game.

Interestingly, my copy of Civ will not run in Windows 7 if I install it to the path that gagnarath stated. Mine has to be in the default C:\<user>\appdata\roaming... path. I'm not really sure why.

EDIT: I just re-read the referred post. I'll double check the main menu issue on our other machines when I get home tonight. Stay tuned.

I acquired the Eiffel tower by capturing a city (I didn't build it myself - not sure if it matters). The broadcast towers successfully show up in the city screens, but not in the city bar hover (using BULL 150). You may want to check Stonehenge as well for the free monuments.

In addition, this doesn't seem to work for spaceship parts:
- Production Queue
Items that have hammers invested already are drawn in cyan

BULL only shows the actual buildings. I meant to add an option to show the free ones as well, but I'll probably just show them outright. No need for another option here.

Thanks for the projects bug. I'll fix that now.

Edit: Awesome, looks like it's not exposed to Python. I'll expose it in BULL, but this feature will only work with the latest BULL. :(

Was checking the options for PLE draw mode (BUG4.3 BULL1.1), when i changed to BUG mode, i got a big blue square with my unit icon in the corner. After i settled, my settler icon remained on the box while i was moving my warrior around.

Civ4ScreenShot0150.JPG

Switched back to PLE style and all is well, but BUG mode is "screen blocker" mode in 1024*768

Was checking the options for PLE draw mode (BUG4.3 BULL1.1), when i changed to BUG mode, i got a big blue square with my unit icon in the corner. After i settled, my settler icon remained on the box while i was moving my warrior around.
Switched back to PLE style and all is well, but BUG mode is "screen blocker" mode in 1024*768
BUG mode is under development - you can use it if you want to but I really wouldn't recommend it.

@EF - we probably should take that option off the table for the official release at the moment.

@EF - we probably should take that option off the table for the official release at the moment.

That would have been an excellent suggestion . . . before the official release on Tuesday. :( I'll remove it from SVN now, however.

I'll remove it from SVN now, however.
If you're still planning on doing this, can you make this change it's own commit so I can safely avoid it?

Instead of making a change that's going to need to be undone someday, you may want to just consider an incremental merge of ruff_hi's PLE branch back into the trunk. Revisions 2078 through 2106 should make the BUG method nearly fully functional. Revision 2108 had some problems in my opinion. This way if you make another release, people won't be seeing the very early stages of the method, and you'll gain a couple beta testers. :cool:

Not sure this needs to be done at all, actually. The hover text still says it's being developed. Plus removing the option or merging isn't going to help the general users at this point, unless you make another release.

Slight issue in BUG 2160. The XML hover tag is incorrect for the new options button checkbox.

Copy/Paste this into a PATCH file (not worth attaching):

Code:
Index: CustomAssets/XML/Text/BUG Main Interface Options.xml
===================================================================
--- CustomAssets/XML/Text/BUG Main Interface Options.xml	(revision 2160)
+++ CustomAssets/XML/Text/BUG Main Interface Options.xml	(working copy)
@@ -31,7 +31,7 @@
 		<Spanish>Options Button</Spanish>
 	</TEXT>
 	<TEXT>
-		<Tag>TXT_KEY_BUG_OPT_MAININTERFACE__OPTIONSKEY_HOVER</Tag>
+		<Tag>TXT_KEY_BUG_OPT_MAININTERFACE__OPTIONSBUTTON_HOVER</Tag>
 		<English>When checked, shows the BUG Option Screen button.</English>
 		<French>When checked, shows the BUG Option Screen button.</French>
 		<German>When checked, shows the BUG Option Screen button.</German>

duh - fixed in svn.

I'm not sure if this was fixed or not. I'm playing the Modern Era Warfare mod (which uses your awesome interface). i have the unit naming settings on and when i build a Mechanical Infantry (which for some reason is a different Unit Class like motorized fighting vehicle or something like that) an error report pops up on my event thing at the top and does not rename my unit

I'm not sure if this was fixed or not. I'm playing the Modern Era Warfare mod (which uses your awesome interface). i have the unit naming settings on and when i build a Mechanical Infantry (which for some reason is a different Unit Class like motorized fighting vehicle or something like that) an error report pops up on my event thing at the top and does not rename my unit

I assume it has a new combat type as well. If so, you can fix this yourself, but the developer of that mod should fix it for all their players. Go to the folder Assets/Config and open the file "Unit Naming.xml" in Notepad or (better) a good text editor. You need to tell BUG about this new unit class by copying and pasting one of the existing lines:

Code:
			<option id="Combat_HELICOPTER" key="CombatHELICOPTER" 
					type="string" default="DEFAULT"/>
[B]			<option id="Combat_[COLOR="Red"]MOTORIZED_FIGHTING_VEHICLE[/COLOR]" key="CombatMELEE" 
					type="string" default="DEFAULT"/>[/B]
			<option id="Combat_MELEE" key="CombatMELEE" 
					type="string" default="DEFAULT"/>

The red part must match that new combat type exactly. You won't see the option on the screen to set it, but if you are using a single naming style for all units it will work fine. If you have a different naming style for each combat type, add this setting to the matching INI.

That always happens when you try Drawing Method "BUG" iirc. change it back to somthing else and restart. This will be fixed once ruff merges the new plotlist code back to the trunk, right now the latest svn release will behave the same way.

Hello everyone!

I have a strange error that I hope you could help me with. It's similar to dot's error on the first page.

After installing BUG mod 4.3 (using the .exe file) on my BtS 3.19, the culture, science, money etc icons dissappear (see http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4463/civ4screenshot0000gq.jpg). First i tried installing using the .zip file, but then when I got the error I completely re-instaleld Civ , Warlods and BtS and used the .exe installer instead. Same error once more. Is there any solution to this? Is there a way to "unload" the BUG mod so that I can see if the icons still appear in the normal game? It seems that this could be font related, and so, can i change font do default somehow?

Sorry if this has been answered before; I tried searching around but got no good result. This thread is monstrous:)

EDIT: The font on the score board looks kind of wierd also, possibly there should be some icons here. The empire name (Ottoman Empire) overlaps the relative power (0.6). http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3171/civ4screenshot0002m.jpg

I'm running Vista in 1280x800, if it matters.

UPDATE: It seems like I can see the icons only in the event log (ctrl+tab). Does BUG mod use an alternative set of icons?

Cheers!

-Beaver

That always happens when you try Drawing Method "BUG" iirc. change it back to somthing else and restart. This will be fixed once ruff erges the new plotlist code back to the trunk, right now the latest svn release will behave the same way.

i un/re-installed BUG-BULL and it's fine now, but i can't regenerate the map now on a new game. everything else seems ok (right now:mischief:)

@CivBeaver - This has happened to a few people with BUG. Originally I thought the problem was non-English Windows XP installs, but the last person solved it by running BTS as administrator on Vista.

If you aren't on Vista or that doesn't work, can you please follow the instructions on the Troubleshooting page and post back here?

Top Bottom