Bug reports and technical difficulties

Ok, let's begin this thread !
I don't know if it has already been solved, but I just downloaded this mod, launched a game, to see a runtime error !
Any fix or solution ?

Attachments

• Runtime Error.jpg
    Runtime Error.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 274
Jin UP didn't work.
I can use the spy to make my plats filled with silks.
The Antigonid UB cost to much.

I don't know why, as I didn't change anything, but I Have been able to start a game, playing the kingdom of Funan. It started without problem, but on turn 2, UHV2 said "goal failed' !
If it can help, I attached a screenshot and a savegame.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Lieu-Ye AD-0112.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 260
Ok, let's begin this thread !
I don't know if it has already been solved, but I just downloaded this mod, launched a game, to see a runtime error !
Any fix or solution ?

I have never seen that. try re-downloading. there is a new version today.

Jin UP didn't work.
I can use the spy to make my plats filled with silks.
The Antigonid UB cost to much.

I will look into the Jin UP. I will look at the silkworm feature as well. it shouldn't be spammable, if thats what you mean.

I don't know why, as I didn't change anything, but I Have been able to start a game, playing the kingdom of Funan. It started without problem, but on turn 2, UHV2 said "goal failed' !
If it can help, I attached a screenshot and a savegame.

fixed in the new version. (its a "==" instead of a "<=" on line 959 of victory.py if you want to do a quick fix to your copy)

little bug:
550AD Arabs start, also in Tyros some bug. After upgrade archer to marksman or disband red halfsphere disappear.
Spoiler :

edit: no free mosque for flipped city
edit2: in Pedia Dhamek Stupa looks like red halfsphere

edit: no free mosque for flipped city
edit2: in Pedia Dhamek Stupa looks like red halfsphere

sprt said he will fix Pedia but not not the game about mosque -- so Arabs will do fine without it and I agree, it was my experience too.

I have seen those red bulbs too, for Heavy Horse Archers of some particular civ or Barbarian, I forgot exactly...

The red halfsphere means that there is a small mistake in the path the the art itself in the XML. The Arabian Archer art is fixed. (rev 71)

I thought the Dhamek Stupa had the same bug. But I can't find where it is in the XML.
The art itself is in the game.

@ Tigranes
I took a quick look at all (heavy) horse archers, but I can't see any false path in the XML. If I know the exact unit (civ+unit), I can take look if something else is bugged.

Jin UP didn't work.

it works for me. you have to keep the city.

I will look into the unit art tonight. it may be a bad path or it may be missing files.

thanks merijn for doing updating the svn. my internet woes are merely due to me being cheap.

I put a list of stuff that needs to be done in the first post. I will add to it. there is a lot of building art to do, which I'm not experienced with, I have only stolen things.

also I noticed that there is a skew in the city name map. Cyprus is 1 tile too long and the Levant coast is 1 tile east of where it should be

I will look into the unit art tonight. it may be a bad path or it may be missing files.

Arab unit art is already fixed in the SVN.
Dhamek Stupa isn't though.

Same here... I mean something is definitely wrong with 72, I am forced to play China if I double-click the 220 AD file (Play Now only available) -- no civ leaders screen. But loading mod in regular way solved it. However I get this red Stability Check messages, and of corse map was not updated in size.

no idea why you are getting this. I just launched it again here at work and it seems normal. I am not launching from the WBS though.

I did find some problems with stability, including 1 silly error that was causing all civs to check 3 points higher than they should have. there are 2 files attached to patch this if you want to try it.

Attachments

• python.7z
    24.6 KB · Views: 208
Vandals are treated like 330 BC civ -- when they found city it is size 2 and no buildings in it :(

no idea why you are getting this. I just launched it again here at work and it seems normal. I am not launching from the WBS though.

I did find some problems with stability, including 1 silly error that was causing all civs to check 3 points higher than they should have. there are 2 files attached to patch this if you want to try it.

Stability Check messages look like debug warnings which were not disabled while publishing the product. Do you have somewhere a command telling you when the game check stability, so that you know everything is working? Try any WBS with latest SVn, you will see what I mean...

I will look into the Jin UP. I will look at the silkworm feature as well. it shouldn't be spammable, if thats what you mean.

I think the silkworm problem is that spies can steal your own silk. So the Chinese civ can put silk everywhere, and their spy is never caught as it's in their own territory.

I'm also getting the red "STABILITY CHECK" messages at the top of the screen when playing.

In fact any Chinese neighbor can steal as many silks as they want. To be on safe side I offer to make this 1 time event.

In fact any Chinese neighbor can steal as many silks as they want. To be on safe side I offer to make this 1 time event.

I think the problem there is that if your spy is caught trying to steal the silk then you can't do it again. I had that issue with Byzantium a few releases ago, and couldn't do the UHV without using WB.

Perhaps only allowing silk to be stolen and cultivated if you don't have it in your borders would be a better solution?

Top Bottom