Bug reports and technical issues

Can't explain what happens in your main menu, I can't even mod that so I have no idea.

For some reason, I spawned as Italy with two Warriors inside Venice - even though I have no relations with HRE and certainly no Open Border agreement.
Spoiler :

Wasn't sure where to post this, but as it is a technical issue I assumed here would be a good place. I was on a forced civ vacation up until recently because my laptop simply broke and it took me ages to get enough money to fix it. Anyhow once I'd sorted it out I booted up a game of DoC and then decided to see if there'd been any new revisions since I last played (I'd like to take the time to thank Leoreth for all his efforts, still my favourite Civ mod :) ).

I used the SVN to get the latest revision, but despite it seeming to work I don't think everything has worked properly. It says revision 494, which I believe is the latest or was a few days ago, but I don't seem to see brazil or mexico anywhere, playable or otherwise. I was wondering whether anyone could post a image of the world at the beginning of a 3000bc save, so I can compare my world to it and make sure it's as it should be. Then I can know for certain whether I need to sort anything out :/

Do you only have the SVN version in your mod folder, or also a downloaded version? If you don't see Brazil selectable in the 494 revision (below the Americans) something's definitely wrong. I don't know how you want to tell by looking at the 3000 BC map though.

Oh I just wanted to see whether the lack of Brazil is the only difference, i.e are the map differences between v46x (the last version I had before my laptop broke) and v494 actually there, or has the svn checkout done nothing at all.

I have the SVN version in my mods folder. Also for some reason when I click on the DoC folder I have Assets, Version History, Public Maps etc but I also have a a folder that says Dawn_of_Civilization which itself contains all those above folders again. I've tried opening the game from the 3000BC folder in both sets of the Public Maps folders, neither seem to have Brazil anywhere :/

EDIT: Re-did the SVN checkout, it said v496 but I still cannot see Brazil or Argentina anywhere, they just don't seem to exist. I have no idea why.

I'm not sure where exactly the Dawn_of_Civilization folder is, but what you need to do is move it into your Mods folder, delete the other folder called "RFC Dawn of Civilization" and rename the underscore folder to "RFC Dawn of Civilization".

Mod names are important, the scenarios use them to identify the mod they belong to.

Ok did that, I re-did the SVN again just to make sure, it took about 3 seconds to tell me it was already at 496. And it seems to be sorted, Brazil and Argentina are there beneath America, sure it'll take me like an hour to load a game for them, but they're there, thanks :)

Great!

I started a 600 ad game and as the Spanish both Belgrad and Merv flipped to me, even though I only controlled Iberia. Sirajis also had a Spanish revolt bc of 80% Spanish culture when the Seljuks captured it.

I think this is hilarious. I should run some starts to see what's up.

I've played as Maya a few times and

1. Bordeaux flipped to me, but I can see you've received many such comments.

2. I'm always researching Calendar, and the turn before 600 AD comes I go from having 5-10 turns left to having 1 turn left. For some reason I get an enormous tech boost the turn before 600 AD, making it very easy for me to fulfill the first UHV for Maya.

3. Can Maya begin with Pantheon? They already have the tech for it, and its required to build Kukulkan. Could you spare me the turn of revolution by beginning with pantheon in addition to forced labor?

2. I'm always researching Calendar, and the turn before 600 AD comes I go from having 5-10 turns left to having 1 turn left. For some reason I get an enormous tech boost the turn before 600 AD, making it very easy for me to fulfill the first UHV for Maya.

3. Can Maya begin with Pantheon? They already have the tech for it, and its required to build Kukulkan. Could you spare me the turn of revolution by beginning with pantheon in addition to forced labor?

1. Yes, that seems to be a common problem in the current version.

2. That is not a bug - when 600AD rolls around, all Ancient and Classical technologies receive a huge discount. As far as I can tell, it would be impossible to pull off the first Mayan UHV without it.

3. This would probably be better posted in the Suggestions and Requests thread.

I've received many reports, but unfortunately no saves to figure out what happened so far. I don't have the time to just play the game until it happens to me.

So please send me your savegames if you encounter this.

Is it only when your regular flip takes place or later in the game as well?

Yep.

did you add any civ slots or change the order of the civs when you made your recent additions? I got weird city flipping in RFCCW when I did that due to odd leftover culture in the WBS.

Attached save as Japan of the turn before Baghdad flips to me. In other games I've had Merv, Siraz, and Yax Mutal all flip to Japan.

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga AD-1180 Turn 239.CivBeyondSwordSave
    463.7 KB · Views: 38
Here are three saves as Tamils from a Per-Atum flip. Pre Revolt is turn before the revolt. Revolt on is during it. City Flip is the turn before the city flips. Almost 100% Tamil culture after the flip.

Attachments

• Pre Revolt.CivBeyondSwordSave
    288.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Revolt on.CivBeyondSwordSave
    288.2 KB · Views: 38
  • City flip.CivBeyondSwordSave
    312.8 KB · Views: 41
did you add any civ slots or change the order of the civs when you made your recent additions? I got weird city flipping in RFCCW when I did that due to odd leftover culture in the WBS.
That's my suspicion as well, but all I did was add Argentina which only moved the minors one slot back, and I've checked the culture of most cities. I also modified the method which spreads the culture of major civs when they conquer cities, that's the more likely culprit. Not sure how that can affect cities on the other end of the world though.

Attached save as Japan of the turn before Baghdad flips to me. In other games I've had Merv, Siraz, and Yax Mutal all flip to Japan.
Here are three saves as Tamils from a Per-Atum flip. Pre Revolt is turn before the revolt. Revolt on is during it. City Flip is the turn before the city flips. Almost 100% Tamil culture after the flip.
Thanks.

Just got a message that the vikings were the first to prove that the world is round , ok so I trade maps with them and see that they have met mayans , incans and aztecs but no conquerors so I decided to check the WB and there was no conquerors.

PS: I dont know when they met them but they have optics since the 14th century and they proven that the world is round by the 16th century

Just got a message that the vikings were the first to prove that the world is round , ok so I trade maps with them and see that they have met mayans , incans and aztecs but no conquerors so I decided to check the WB and there was no conquerors.

PS: I dont know when they met them but they have optics since the 14th century and they proven that the world is round by the 16th century

If the old world discovers the new world by a unit encounter outside of the new world civs' core areas, the conquerors do not trigger. This happens often enough. Not a bug.

Top Bottom