Bug reports and technical issues

Hello, sorry if this has been reported before, but I couldn't find out using a forum search. Anyway, I'm using the latest version of DFC and noticed a new bug: whenever the religion Confucianism has its music played (when it is founded, when a temple is built, etc) its music is the Jewish one, not the Confucian one. This happens whether you're playing the founder of Conf. or someone else - no difference at all. The graphics for the religion (and Zoroastrianism) work perfectly fine - just the sound is wrong.

A screenshot wouldn't be informative I'm afraid.

Thanks in advance. Hope it's easy to fix, as I love this mod otherwise
I've checked this and the Confucianism sound works fine for me. The file referenced in the mod is contained in the Civ vanilla folder - maybe you changed something there?

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but I just started a game as Byzantium. I started in Orthodoxy, which was already founded in 330 AD, and I had some catholic missionaries in my starting stack. Catholic missionaries when I'm Orthodox? No thanks, I just deleted them. Aren't these supposed to be orthodox missionaries?

A problem that I always get is that the new leaders (except Gustav and the Chinese leaders) all play the same diplomacy music. I just wanted to know if I'm the only one who is experiencing this. Is there a fix, and if so, how can I fix it? :confused: :confused:

Seljuks just landed on top of Sur. I suppose this isn't a problem in the 600 AD scenario, where that city is 1 E, but I'm playing 3000 BC.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0578.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0578.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 272
Hmm, I keep getting the error message, "Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" (quotations mine) any ideas?

Seljuks just landed on top of Sur. I suppose this isn't a problem in the 600 AD scenario, where that city is 1 E, but I'm playing 3000 BC.

I got the same problem, while going for Carthaginian Domination. It was rather annoying to have them spawn directly in your thousand year old capital.

A problem that I always get is that the new leaders (except Gustav and the Chinese leaders) all play the same diplomacy music. I just wanted to know if I'm the only one who is experiencing this. Is there a fix, and if so, how can I fix it? :confused: :confused:
I'd really like to know what's going on there, too. Sometimes I have that music, on other occasions it plays the intended pieces.

Hmm, I keep getting the error message, "Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization\ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" (quotations mine) any ideas?
You have BtS 3.19?

I think this is a bug, because most likely I could disband a holy city, I kept it though. Also note my name (dem. text key).
Spoiler :

I don't think the Empire State Building is working at all.
Spoiler :

Right, the ESB somehow vanished from my to do list. The fix will be in the next commit.

I've checked this and the Confucianism sound works fine for me. The file referenced in the mod is contained in the Civ vanilla folder - maybe you changed something there?
I think he refers to the sound of a Confucian temple finishing.

Ah, right, got it.

I'd really like to know what's going on there, too. Sometimes I have that music, on other occasions it plays the intended pieces.
The only times it plays the correct music is for example when I make peace with Akbar, then it starts playing the correct music :crazyeye: . The same thing happens with Zoroastrianism, it doesn't make any sounds when it involves this religion. Speaking of Zoroastrianism is there going to be an inquisitor unit soon, if so, it would be more realistic instead of having Zoroastrian Greece and Rome. I mean the Arabs and Seljuks weren't the only ones to do inquisitions of the infidels :ar15:

I'm delaying persecutors because implementing them is a pain in the ass, because of the AI that has to go along with it.

I got the same problem, while going for Carthaginian Domination. It was rather annoying to have them spawn directly in your thousand year old capital.

What about making them spawn next to the city, instead of right within the city? The code for New World conquerors does that.

Ok i got this wird problem where, whenever i switch civs ingame(as when a new one spawns) the game does no longer use quick moves, playing the combat animation every time, totaly ignoring any settings i have.
Even reloading or restarting the game does not fix this.

@Aline

go into settings and switch those options off, then switch them on again, and your problem will be solved

switching to a new civ always resets to default, so do this whenever you switch civs

Mughals start with a -16 Expansion Stability and an overall Collapsing rating. 3000 BC, Epic/Emperor.

Is that intended?

It's because on spawn your core area is occupied by others I guess?

Top Bottom