Bug reports and technical issues

Thanks for the quick response. I must have missed the instructions for that. I currently have the Civilization "Complete" edition. Will I need to purchase BtS from Steam? Will this be compatible with the Complete edition, or will I need to buy the original+Warlords+BtS in order to install this mod?

I tried the PublicMaps with no success.
Nope, Complete includes BtS, so you're fine in that regard. As far as I know you still have to install the 3.19, which you can find in the downloads section here on CFC.

That's new for the complete version then. The automatic patch in BtS doesn't work.

I can confirm this, as I installed Beyond the Sword less than two weeks ago on this laptop. The automatic patcher indeed doesn't work; it'll say it's downloading a patch and all, but nothing happens.

The third Mayan UHV description (First to discover astronomy) still contains a turn number, probably left over from before it was changed.

So I guess I have to bug you again...

For the past week or so I've been unable to load the mod. More specifically, I can select the mod from the Scenarios/BtS Content menu, and it will prompt me to restart, and I accept. After this though, the mod simply doesn't load. I'm given no error or any indication of what's wrong. What's more confusing is that this is idiopathic; I played the night before, I shut down the mod and return to it the next day only to find I'm unable to load it, and I'm unable to come up with a reason why this would be so.

Do you have any suggestions?

Guess what just magically began working again. :shake:

I think you might be one of the very few people here whose ingame updater actually worked.

I have CIV Complete and it works as well, I guess they corrected the bug for that version

There's been a minor bug/exploit with the slave trade mechanic for several revisions in the svn
Maybe it's already known though or people just use it to their advantage and don't report :p

some civs would sell you a slave for less gold than they are willing to pay to buy that exacly same slave again

Example:
America buys a slave from Indonesia for 13 gold, on the same turn you can sell it back to Indonesia for 50 gold
This slave can then be sold to russia for 50 gold too and and yet again on the same turn be bought back for 10 gold or so..
With this mechanic/exploit you can just 'dry up' some civs 'trade gold' within a single turn earning yourself a few hundred gold

I think i did it at least with america and russia (as the exploiter)
losers were i think china, indonesia, mali? not so sure.. I'd have to check

I thought for at least three times that I had fixed that. Do you have a save where this exploit is immediately possible? That would allow me to immediately make sure that I've fixed it.

Is he an HRE great general?

I thought for at least three times that I had fixed that. Do you have a save where this exploit is immediately possible? That would allow me to immediately make sure that I've fixed it.

When was the last time you fixed the problem?
I've updated the svn again recently (2-3 days ago)
I think I last saw the bug about 1-2 weeks ago, but i delete all saves after updating the svn..
I'd have to start a new game and look again

No, it's been much longer since I last dealt with this.

Top Bottom