• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Nothing helps more than a save of the situation. I cannot say more until I have time to look at it.

V. minor: In the Civilopedia for Dujiangyan the requires box states it requires Confucianism but in game it doesn't -just rice+river.

In Paris' city screen, it says it has 1 more wine than needed, but if you trade away a wine, it loses wine benefits?

Attachments

• Abd-ar-Rahman AD-1200 Turn 241.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
This took me longer to figure out that I'd like to admit, but I think there needs to be an "updateYield();" call within CvPlayer::changeUnimprovedTileYield(). I think the only reason this is working currently is the only Civic it's being used for is Elective, which also has an entry for ImprovementYieldChanges, which changes an improvement's yield and calls updateYield() after changeUnimprovedTileYield() has already been ran. I'm messing around with my own Civics, and one of mine has an UnimprovedTileYields entry but no ImprovementYieldChanges entry, and therefore, upon adoption, my Civic didn't update yields. Technically this is a non-issue in your current dev, but if ever you change Elective or added a Civic that did what I did, the bug would show. This fixed it for me:

C++:
// Leoreth
void CvPlayer::changeUnimprovedTileYield(YieldTypes eYield, int iChange)
{
    FAssertMsg(eYield < NUM_YIELD_TYPES, "Index out of bounds");
    FAssertMsg(eYield > -1, "Index out of bounds");

if (iChange != 0)
    {
        m_aiUnimprovedTileYield[eYield] += iChange;

updateYield();       // Added line
        AI_updateAssignWork();
    }
}

Good find, thanks for letting me know!

I've encountered a peculiar bug. I recently installed Windows 10 on my machine and with it Civilization 4 and a bunch of mods among those Dawn of Civilization 1.17. Now if I start a game with any other mod or even the base game everything is working fine. Problems started when I started my first DoC game via 'Play now'. The game itself worked, but after just starting the game I can no longer start a Custom Game with any other mod or even base BtS. In all cases I crash to desktop and DoC is the only game working. If it helps I started the mod via 'Advanced' and 'Load mod'. I am using the GoG version of Civ4.

Did you install DoC into your Custom Games folder in the My Games directory? The mod folder needs to exist in Beyond the Sword/Mods/.

I have everything in the correct folder.

I did some further tests. It looks like some changes in CivilizationIV.ini caused the issue specifically the following:

QuickHandicap = HANDICAP_HEIR

which in BtS is

QuickHandicap = HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN

If I change it back to the BtS value everything works again.

Interesting. This never caused an issue for me.

Does the problem return after starting another DoC game and then going back to the base game?

Yes, the problem returns after starting another DoC game. I also did some further testing. I think the issue is that you introduced new types of Handicap that are not known by the base game or other mods. If I just change the
Code:
Type
in the CIV4HandicapInfo.xml back to the originals the issue is removed. Only the type would need to change back. The translation could be the same as it is.

Yes that is the cause, however that would affect every player and I can easily switch between mods with other handicap types.

I noticed the problems only occurs under the following conditions:

1. Start a DoC game via 'Play Now' not changing the difficulty
2. Close the game
3. Start BtS
4. Go to Custom Game and do not change the difficulty.

Sorry, I tried to reproduce it but it works fine for me. If I go back to the base game after having selected e.g. Paragon as the difficulty, it reverts back to Settler in the custom game screen but there is no error or any other problem.

Loaded up the new big map version (which I accessed by downloading the ZIP from the GitHub) and booted up Byzantium at 600 AD.

Two bugs I noticed after playing 20 or so turns.

The stability map seems to be Greece's:
Spoiler :
1717120562081.png

I don't have a screencap of the second bug because my autosave didn't stick around, but about 15 turns in all the names for my cities flipped to the Greek ones. My save attached.

ETA* --- Also tried with a GIT download and same stability map bug.

Attachments

• Justinian I AD-0600 Turn 230.CivBeyondSwordSave
    346.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Playing on the new map, Celts spawn in 3000 BC with just a Settler.

Spoiler Celts spawning in 3000 BC :
1717138199983.png
1717138258006.png

Looks like the culprit is that the Celts have not been removed from the Python script for the 3000 BC scenario.
1717138372112.png

The stability map seems to be Greece's:
That's the current Byzantine core area.
I don't have a screencap of the second bug because my autosave didn't stick around, but about 15 turns in all the names for my cities flipped to the Greek ones.
Currently the state of the mod. Like I said before, there is no need to comment on city names right now. I have not worked on them yet.

"
error: unable to create file Assets/Art/Units/Indian Gupta Longbowman (Brown Shirt)/IndianGuptaArcherLongSleevedShritGloss_128.dds: Filename too long
fatal: cannot create directory at 'CvGameCoreDLL/Boost-1.32.0/include/boost/spirit/fusion/iterator/detail/filter_view_iterator': Filename too long
warning: Clone succeeded, but checkout failed.
You can inspect what was checked out with 'git status'
and retry with 'git restore --source=HEAD :/'
"

Consequently, the mod isn't loading properly. Might delete and try again.

Windows imposes a limit on the number of characters in the file path, and the nature of Civ4 already puts a lot of folders into the path. I tried to limit file names as much as possible but it's recommended to install Civ4 in a path that is as short as possible to avoid this problem.

This happened yesterday - I was loading a Roman start and Rome spawned in Mediolanum several turns early. Apparently Roman cities cast off their foreign domination before Rome was even founded! Not sure the Celtic fix you made while I was sleeping would effect this or not.

Attachments

• early roman spawn maybe.CivBeyondSwordSave
    347.2 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom