Bugs in 1.11b

PudgyOne

Chieftain
Dale,

Don't know if you or someone else will be working on AODII any more, but found a bug whereby if you are short tools, you are allowed to buy the extras. What actually happens is that you are allowed to purchase the tools, BUT, you are charged for the whole amount AND your partial amount is also taken. In our example, (found in MP, but likely the same in SP), the cost of the enhancement was 100 tools. He had 82. Instead of paying just for the 18, he was charged the going rate for all 100 and his 82 were used up as well.

Also had a few phantom announcements of people learning something, even though they were not in school nor actually upgraded. The two examples were a lumberjack being learnt and a statesman making elder statesman. I know the second was impossible as I didn't even have a university yet and the only statesman in my camp was purchased in my homeland as an elder statesman.

PudgyOne

Dale,

Don't know if you or someone else will be working on AODII any more, but found a bug whereby if you are short tools, you are allowed to buy the extras. What actually happens is that you are allowed to purchase the tools, BUT, you are charged for the whole amount AND your partial amount is also taken. In our example, (found in MP, but likely the same in SP), the cost of the enhancement was 100 tools. He had 82. Instead of paying just for the 18, he was charged the going rate for all 100 and his 82 were used up as well.

I'll recheck, but I'm certain I made it that you pay a premium for doing this. That could be the price difference.

Also had a few phantom announcements of people learning something, even though they were not in school nor actually upgraded. The two examples were a lumberjack being learnt and a statesman making elder statesman. I know the second was impossible as I didn't even have a university yet and the only statesman in my camp was purchased in my homeland as an elder statesman.

PudgyOne

If a unit works a profession long enough, he learns the master skill.

Dale,

I've noticed this same bug.

What I've done to combat this is to never send tools outside my main tool producing colony. The inconvenience of dealing with tools is too much to me and I just pay the penalty rate. If the tool producing colony is short tools then I hopefully have a wagon train in the city I can put my tools on temporarily. This doesn't solve it but its a good way to deal with it.

I hadn't noticed the tools bug, but then again I have nearly all my colonies producing tools, and rarely cause shortfalls.

I'm happy to report that the fountain of youth is working properly, and no longer has a negative effect on future recruiting.

Frankly, everything seems to be working properly as advertised. It's far, far more difficult than a vanilla game, and gone are the days when I could hog over half of the FFs for myself. <snif!>

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Sadly, things stopped working for me with the attached savegame - reproducable crash 2 turns later on the AIs turn, just before the new autosave, it seems. Just hit "next turn" 4 times (it's a 2 player hotseat game), crash seems to happen no matter what a player does ..

Tried turning on logging, but got nothing usable from it. Maybe you could have a look ?!

Mod looked great up to that point, though. Thanks !

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1510-September.7z
    140 KB · Views: 66
Dale,

Okay re-checking the code I've found the bug. When I was setting the price I had forgotten to take the amount of yield stored off the amount of yield needed.

I'm working on a new DLL to fix this and any other bug found. :)

EDIT: Ekmek I'm also adding these fixes into MN for you too.

Sadly, things stopped working for me with the attached savegame - reproducable crash 2 turns later on the AIs turn, just before the new autosave, it seems. Just hit "next turn" 4 times (it's a 2 player hotseat game), crash seems to happen no matter what a player does ..

Tried turning on logging, but got nothing usable from it. Maybe you could have a look ?!

Mod looked great up to that point, though. Thanks !

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. I get the crash too. It appears that an invalid city (ie: no city) is being returned for a plot but a particular function is still running even when it should be failing the city validity test.

I encountered a shipping bug yesterday that didn't seem to have a nasty crash but it was odd. Playing with the WB, I found a Port. galleon loaded up with 7, not 6, items. I checked all the other AI ships as well as my own and didn't find any others. First time I've seen this as well. I did count the items 3 times just to be sure. 4 units of iron ore, 1 unit of tobacco, 1 unit of lumber, and 1 unit of cigars. Apart from that, I've not had any other bugs pop up.

Martim de Sousa starts with "Exporter" which gives "cargo holds" to all ships (+1 cargo hold).

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. I get the crash too. It appears that an invalid city (ie: no city) is being returned for a plot but a particular function is still running even when it should be failing the city validity test.
Any chance to get that ironed out?
Have played previous versions of Colonization (AoD2 and vanilla), LAN and hotseat, but never encountered that problem.
(All crashes where for some other reason :rolleyes: )

thanks for the speedy reply, and in advance ;)
A.

Dale,

One annoying issue still is happening in MP. After the host saves the game, the next time that game is started, the non-host has to answer what to do with many of his workers (what they are supposed to be doing, although the info as to their skills does help), as well as what he wants his students to be working on. If you don't know what they were studying and answer a profession, you wind up paying twice (once the first time and then again when you answer). If you don't pick a profession, they have to start over at the beginning. Shouldn't this informatio0n already have been saved since the player has always ended his turn before the save is made?

PudgyOne

UPDATE to previous report:

We found that if you respond YES to the questions about your students, you will pay a second time for their education as well as having them start over at the beginning. If you say NO to the questions the students will be in the town somewhere else and can be put back in school and will retain what they were studying as well as retain the progress of where they were in their studies.

So, the best advice is to remember how many were in school before the saving is done. We are trying one more item now. The non-host is not "ending" his turn before I saved. We will see if all information is retained without having to go through it again.

PudgyOne

Please say the workaround is acceptable as I'm having no luck squashing that bug. No matter how I store and retrieve the data it appears to still prompt the other players. :(

Dale,

Just to let you and others know, our experiment of not having the non-host end his turn before the host saved did not keep the student information from being "lost". Again my opponent had to say NO to the questions about their studies and then put them back into school when the turn began.

Small inconvenience compared to the great extended play you have provided.

PudgyOne

I think i find a bug. When i was playing as Washington i was att war with the chinese and i used my privateer to attack a chinese caravel outside a chinese town i defeated the caravel. But it escaped into a town and when it did that i captured the town without attacking the town.:confused::confused:

Finally got my internet up and running again and have been able to download the final version. So far works flawlessly. I played a game on Governor and the computer expansion, aggressiveness, and difficulty of the WoI was about what I'd expect for that level.

The only issue I noticed, which is very minor, is that 'Pirate Plunder' is still available as a victory condition for custom games.

I think i find a bug. When i was playing as Washington i was att war with the chinese and i used my privateer to attack a chinese caravel outside a chinese town i defeated the caravel. But it escaped into a town and when it did that i captured the town without attacking the town.:confused::confused:

This has happened to me twice in perhaps 30 or so games. Very odd behaviour indeed! IMHO it is not a mistake in the Aod2 mod, but an error in the way the game itself stores data. As you noted, it seems to be linked to a caravel escaping.

No idea how to fix it, other than reloading a saved game from before the strange event and *not* attacking on that turn this time round.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I've had this happen in vanilla and I haven't been able to track down the source of the problem.

I've had a continuous crash after January 1742. I'm playing Pilgrim, Faire Wind, Huge Map. I've attached the autosave. Regardless of what I do, there's a crash.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1742-January.ColonizationSave
    511 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom