Build 4 Cities ONLY on North America land

IMACIVFAN

Chieftain
Hi,

Just start a new thread for new topics.

I am particularly fond of using the Earth Map possibly because I feel more realistic.

Just in my last game, I was spawned on the North America land, great I felt because I was all alone from the other 3 major powers.

I kept developing everything and didn't explore the other side of the world because I don't want the other 3 powers discovered my presence.

I developed only 4 cities and by 450 turns, I nearly covered every tile on the land, via buying tiles and using the Artists created.

BTW, Civ 5 is a bit weird in that the AI could still be using Calvary in the year of 2050 LOL

I am not much better off except I had got the Zero fighters and tanks in year 2050 beyond.

I just like to know, does it sound weird to you that only 4 cities are founded up to the late game? I am just not that kind of players who can manage a lot of cities.

It's completely normal. Actually, it's the most famous strategy. Some people even go foe One City Challenges.

Actually, I was curious, so I saved the "AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save" as soon as the game started.

Then I load it the next time.

So far, I have made 3 retries.

The last retry, the 2nd one, by late game, 2050 and beyond, 3 major powers including myself was still around. Greece was conquered long ago.

In the one I am current playing, the 3rd retry, currently, only Siamese and myself are left with 2 City States, Siamese is very peaceful. He never declared war against me, at least not so far, don't know the next turn.

This is what I find Civ 5 fantastic, it seems that the AI play differently every time on the same map, creating a different result. I also find that if Aztec, Greece and Siamese AIs are mixed in the same game, Aztec always get removed first.

Actually, I was curious, so I saved the "AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save" as soon as the game started.

Then I load it the next time.

So far, I have made 3 retries.

The last retry, the 2nd one, by late game, 2050 and beyond, 3 major powers including myself was still around. Greece was conquered long ago.

In the one I am current playing, the 3rd retry, currently, only Siamese and myself are left with 2 City States, Siamese is very peaceful. He never declared war against me, at least not so far, don't know the next turn.

This is what I find Civ 5 fantastic, it seems that the AI play differently every time on the same map, creating a different result. I also find that if Aztec, Greece and Siamese AIs are mixed in the same game, Aztec always get removed first.

You could also bring back old civilizations that were conquered a long time ago back to life by liberating their cities from the conqueror.

With regard to cavalry, if a player doesn't have access to oil, any mounted units they've already got are never going to mechanise :)

With regard to cavalry, if a player doesn't have access to oil, any mounted units they've already got are never going to mechanise :)

This is the only thing I find unrealistic in Civ game.

You can go up to 21 century but some civ could still be in the 18 century, 3 centuries behind.

Also, the cut scene of the leader are not updated, Elizabeth I lives over 4000 years?!

Not a bad thing, just a bit unreal .... if only there would be some improvements.

I have a couple of questions as I go along with a few new games,
1) What are the hex for? Is the direction of my combat unit affected by its orientation within a hex, just like a board game? If yes, how?

2) Do I use work boat to improve each and every one of the water tiles within my border, are they 'improvable"? Or a work boat is just for sea luxuries?

3) How do I delete a city, which I wrongly placed them before? Is that possible?

1. Hexes allow movement to the six adjacent hexes (if they are passable -- e.g., not mountains), but the graphical display of your unit (facing right or left, etc.) has no impact on movement options.

2. Work boats can improve sea luxuries and sea resources (fish, oil). Most sea tiles contain no resources, so there is nothing to improve.

3. Sorry, no way to relocate a city you founded in a poor spot.

3. Sorry, no way to relocate a city you founded in a poor spot.

They should really have an "are you sure you want to found x city here prompt" before it settles because this can mess up an entire game with an accidental click.

They should really have an "are you sure you want to found x city here prompt" before it settles because this can mess up an entire game with an accidental click.

There is. There's a cancel button when you find a city and get to name it which cancels the whole settling process and if it doesn't, it should.

Top Bottom