Building benefit stacking?

largedarryl

Prince
I don't know if this is a bug, but I haven't played the FfH mod for very long (a couple of days). I do not have a very good idea of the names or types of units that specific civs have, so forgive me if I mix up names.

In my recent game as the Cabrium?(the vampire civ), I didn't think my granary/smokehouse/breeding pit were stacking for carrying over food. I assume that the granary/smokehouse for other civs is supposed to be close to the vanilla game (50% from granary) and then with the additional building the Cabrium are getting the advantage. (Which IMHO is very overpowering with sacrafice of the week and agriculture because you can have a vampire unit with 50+xp on its second turn:eek: )

So are these buildings supposed to stack, or am I really oblivious and they really are stacking?

Its supposed to be good. Every civ has something good.

And Calabim cant build the Elder council, which can be a huge disadvantage.

They aren't 50%, and they are stacking. The smokehouse and granary do 20% each, for the other sides you get 40% food storage, for calibim you get 60%, only a little better than a vanilla granary.

What the calabim have in Uber units, they lack in production ability (hard to build something when you keep eating your workers), and the sheer fact that the vampire is such a late game unit. In a harder game, quite a few things must be balanced, as other nations will rush to their macemen and axemen, storming your nation while you try to reach the late game feudalism

I know that they have unlimited feasting per turn, but I need to keep some citizens to whip in the next couple of turns.

In my current game at monarch, I'm about to overrun the most powerful civ in the world (Combat V vampires are a little strong). It will probably be a domination victory soon. And yes the vampires came very late....I couldn't believe how many waves of units I needed to hold off using hunters (a captured elephant helped alot).

@psychoak, thanks for the addition lesson, but if you read my original post it says "supposed to be close to"

I never played last night to confirm that they stack, but I will look closely the next time I get a population increase in a city.

No Elder Council, what does that do? I don't know what benefits that has.

Eler council is the earliest beaker bonus. It provies +2 at a very early time. It also allows a scientist, so if you use a great people strategy, it allows you to start bringing out great sages quickly.

Thanks for the help, I kind of recal building an elder council (I thought it was an elder hut, so I was confused thinking there must be another building).

Top Bottom