Building Teaser Pics

Would be nifty slave pen as well for Amazons, DE etc

Very nice job as well :D

Ok, well ive finally redone my woodelf city art's textures and most modles

however the three buildings that have trees arevery high polys, ~800 polys, whereas all the others are between 100 and 400 polys. does anyone know how to get normal trees from civ into the city set, like Hrochland's elf city set? (or can we just blend his and mine when i get it into the game?)

im also having trouble applying a dds texture to the modles, it comes up with an "error creating Direct 3D Device" message.
any ideas :confused:

They look nice P_L. Why are the tree buildings so high poly? I don't think you can blend city art since they need to use the same dds file.

That error sounds like what I have on my laptop, something to do with Vista I think...

oh no, i have vista ... how did you fix it?

the trees have such high poly because i forgot to give them an extended base, so i extruded the edges without realising it would also extrude all the hidden useless edges too :( ill end up making more, lower poly ones later i think, once i know how to do this whole city art thing ;)

oh no, i have vista ... how did you fix it?

Good question. So far there isn't a fix that I know of for max 7 and Vista. I simply model on my older computer and use the laptop for texturing. Pain in the ass, but it works until someone posts a fix.

It's just attaching the dds to the unwrapped models. If you have it textured correctly someone else can most likely help out.

I was bored today so i decided to make some modles for resources that i want:

the tall eggy one is the Eerie, The low eggy one is the Breeding Ground, and the one that looks like a bunch of red things is the Mushrooms :D

(obviously i dont have dds files for these either, so i cant upload the files, but im working on finding someone to help out with that now ;) )

so what do you think?

Fantastic stuff PL! I really hope you can get your comp to work with max properly. Maybe the best solution is to install win xp as secondary OS at least that's definitly what I will do as soon I get my new machine. What for do you need Vista anyway?
I'm not sure I want to put eggs as ressource. That seems to be good for more types of lairs though!

Woot ! All i need for the map: mushrooms as a food ressource for the greenskins (right now i'v put toads for them to represent some sort of squig food ...) and eggs for the monster/cold ones.

Moreover i need smoke tiles that doesn't break into fire x turn later but stay there as smoke.

im glad you all like :)

the eggs thing was my idea of being a requirement for all bestial units. those that fly require and eerie (griffon, terradons, Dragons etc) , those that walk require the breeding grounds (hydra, stegadon, Kroxigor, coldones etc) but they would also work as lairs, perhaps even as a special resource generated by lizardmen units/buildings? that boosts lizardman unit production? (just ideas)

i still have my old laptop that i might be able to get working with Max as a last resort (i really dont want to have to go through the painful process of transfering data between computers.)
i got vista because it was the only opperating system they would sell me :( and i desperately needed a new comp. i might look into installing XP as a secondary OS.

Just for "cosmetic" in places like the "smoking caves of Sotek" ,to add some flavor to the darklands and to represent some world edges mountains volcanoes that won't blow away the poor dwarves city at turn 2 ;).

Speaking of terrains, i remember that in the Civ III warhammer mod they had jungle and swamps that had a chance of killing (from disease) units that stood on them (exept undeads and LM). I think that would be fun to add a "lustrian jungle" terrain with the same effect. A moving isles terrain (having a chance of killing any boat unit on it exept asur ships) would be also neat. But this is not a priority i know.

The mamoth ressource from ffh ice age would be really nice (moreover the model is pretty) and a "wolf" ressource would be appreciated. For the eggs, perhaps only one as a ressource and the other one a lair ?

Do we need a new city art texture for the dark elfs, I always thought that they make something that look like spires and all that sorts of stuff.

I grabbed this pic from the WH online site and made the model that winddelay textured for me. I think it looks amazing. Since I can't do thumbs for some reason here are some BIG pics. The top is the original and the bottom is my model.

Top Bottom