Buying the Incas on Steam

Soulzityr

Chieftain
Hello, the only civs I'm missing are Denmark, Polynesia, and Inca and I'm planning on buying all 3.

However, Steam sells Incas only in a double civ pack, Spain and Inca. I have Spain because of G&K, is there a way to pay $5 instead of $8 for the Incas? $8 is price for two civs, $5 is price for one civ.

I don't believe there is. I bought that pack after Gods and Kings too but it also comes with an enjoyable scenario if you are into those. I think it comes with a few maps too but I'm not sure. You may want to consider waiting for a sale but, in my opinion, the Incas and the scenario alone are worth the $8.

I'm waiting for the next big Steam sale when hopefully they'll be selling individual civs again at 75% off.

Around Christmas is it?

if you are patient wait for the steam holiday sale. they will at the least be 50% off and 75% off for a day. they usually do a sale on lots of stuff at an okay discount each week but each day they hit the 75% off range for specific tiles. they change each day. it will definitely happen for civ 5 stuff you just have to check every day when it starts.

if you are patient wait for the steam holiday sale. they will at the least be 50% off and 75% off for a day. they usually do a sale on lots of stuff at an okay discount each week but each day they hit the 75% off range for specific tiles. they change each day. it will definitely happen for civ 5 stuff you just have to check every day when it starts.
Well, you don't even need to check that on Steam, as I'm sure there will be a thread about it right here! These deals are really worth it, but if you can't wait, Incas are fun to play with!

Edit: Not only fun to play with, but as you own more civs, your games will be even more different one from another with the different AI possibilities!

Why did they give away the Spanish with G+K but none of the other DLC civs?

Because spain is neccassary to play into the renniassance scenario. None of the other dlc are needed for scenarios.

Well, you don't even need to check that on Steam, as I'm sure there will be a thread about it right here! These deals are really worth it, but if you can't wait, Incas are fun to play with!

Edit: Not only fun to play with, but as you own more civs, your games will be even more different one from another with the different AI possibilities!

oh yeah. plenty of good-hearted posters will post a thread here which usually makes the front page news as well as other sources beyond steam. plenty of websites will be offering good deals and not just on civ 5.

its a lil early for xcom to get a real discount but they might get a 10% off deal and i expect borderlands 2 to get a 25% off deal as well.

Hopefully they'll release it individually at some point, but I'd recommend waiting for a steam sale if they don't.

I found really displeasing the way civ 5 was scared around several dlc, you having to pay for every single one.

I found really displeasing the way civ 5 was scared around several dlc, you having to pay for every single one.

I am not at all a fan of what has emerged in today's gaming as DLC. DLC should either either be completely free, or saved for the next expansion pack. No argument, however rational, could change my mind about that

Trouble is, DLCs make a lot more money than expansion packs, and are a lot easier to make. It sucks, I agree, but there it is, and it's not going away.

They almost definitely won't release it separately (as that would then create an additional overlapping dependency). The most likely situation is that they simply lower the price of the double pack to be the same as the single packs. However, there's reason to not do this as well. Mainly, G&K only gives you Spain to play in G&K, you can't use them in Vanilla unless you bought the DLC.

Trouble is, DLCs make a lot more money than expansion packs, and are a lot easier to make. It sucks, I agree, but there it is, and it's not going away.

It's also less risky. Expansions are about putting all your eggs in one basket. You have to put in a lot of money before you get a cent back and then hope it sells well. With DLC, you put in a little bit and get a little back, then you can focus on the next little bit. I like expansions too, but I suspect they were, in the past, necessitated by the inability to add content in any other way. Now, with the internet, DLC is far more practical.

Top Bottom