C2C FAQs - Read This Before Posting

Thanks. Can I use the Scenario button for playing the real Earth map? Also, everything is OK now...except my game crashes on start :( .
The 1st time the game is loading it will look like it has crashed. Be patient it is loading in the background and a Civ BtS pop up will appear after a bit. This "after a bit" can be several minutes. After the initial loading it will load faster by still have a period where it looks like it doing nothing because you can't see it on your desktop screen. It's an Older game and as such takes longer to load. :p

As for the Real Earth Map, C2C has terrain that the base Real world map does not. It is Not suggested to use it. Our Custom Game Option has many maps to chose from. There were a couple of Standard Earth Maps included.

The 1st time the game is loading it will look like it has crashed. Be patient it is loading in the background and a Civ BtS pop up will appear after a bit. This "after a bit" can be several minutes. After the initial loading it will load faster by still have a period where it looks like it doing nothing because you can't see it on your desktop screen. It's an Older game and as such takes longer to load. :p

It crashes right after displaying the initial settler and other units. I know what you speak of, it's not that, I launch it by the .bat file anyway.

Not quite @Thunderbrd, I have set it so that when C2C is loaded the Vanilla Civ4 screen is the one that shows (the one that plays Baba Yetu) but as a consequence the unloaded game's screen is changed to the Warlords one, seemingly automatically.
Is that a local change you made somehow?

@Thunderbrd Advanced>Options>Graphics>Opening Menu.

Attachments

• Options.png
    Options.png
    622.7 KB · Views: 216
It crashes right after displaying the initial settler and other units. I know what you speak of, it's not that, I launch it by the .bat file anyway.
Mod folder should be here: Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete (Game folder may be named differently)\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

I just edited BTS civ4 INI, so it always load Caveman2Cosmos.
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Caveman2Cosmos

Thank you. Didn't realize that was there.
Yeah the bottom button gives 4 choices, Warlords, Civilization 4, Beyond the Sword and BtS Classical

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 202
Did you get this figured out?

Thanks. Can I use the Scenario button for playing the real Earth map? Also, everything is OK now...except my game crashes on start :( .
The scenario may have an issue. Try using another map or mapscript.

Unfortunately, the other ones also crash to desktop right after I see the first settler.
Delete mod and install it again - there may be old files somewhere.
Remember it can't be in my documents, and must be named Caveman2Cosmos.

Also delete cache, if you played VERY old version of this mod, other mods or vanilla civ4 before.
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword

As for the Real Earth Map, C2C has terrain that the base Real world map does not. It is Not suggested to use it. Our Custom Game Option has many maps to chose from. There were a couple of Standard Earth Maps included.

I mean real Earth as the standard Earth map included in mod, note I used small r, I don't know of any particular map called "Real Earth Map".

Did you ever submit a savegame? Also SEM Maps for C2C have not been updated for awhile now, that I know of.

I mean real Earth as the standard Earth map included in mod, note I used small r, I don't know of any particular map called "Real Earth Map".

I have not started a new Earth map for sometime. But I will look at this problem over the next couple of days.

EDIT

SEM and LEM maps.

OK: I have upgraded to 10405 from 10188 ({Oct 2018} in stages). Trying to find where the problem may have occurred.

Using latest SVN (10405) I can start a new game on a SEM map and I played 3 turns. Also on an old save (Jan 2019) when modifiers were recalculated that map also worked.

Sorry "TheMughalEmperor" the problem must be at your end. Can you give more details.

Last edited:
All scenarios are starting fine, same with mapscripts.
I guess your game install is corrupt.
Reinstall game and mod from scratch.

Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and it can't be in my documents folder.
It must be here: (Game folder name)\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

All scenarios are starting fine, same with mapscripts.
I guess your game install is corrupt.
Reinstall game and mod from scratch.

Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and it can't be in my documents folder.
It must be here: (Game folder name)\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos

It only occurs with PPIO. It runs OK without it however without it not all speeds are seen in Scenario mode and Civilopedia runs like a slug.

It only occurs with PPIO. It runs OK without it however without it not all speeds are seen in Scenario mode and Civilopedia runs like a slug.
Ah you probably used wrong version of it.
Use V38.5 one if you have V38.5, or SVN one if you have SVN one.
PPIO FORCES players to have correct name of mod folder, and to have it in correct place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom