C2C -New Civs Discussion

@Loffas, i already Corrected my error 2 hours before you did ;) but thanks anyhow

AAranda, Make sure YOU look at the Single Player bug thread, lots of errors in the Neanderthal Civ.

Don´t know what you mean exactly. I,ve checked neans before sending the file and everything was fine.
I took as base another civ module already in use in c2c, so there shouldn´t be any problem ... except the UU asigned, as i was told UU for neans was already created and i made the file easier to modify, just editing a word and no 5 paragraphs
If i miss some change in c2c style make me know

Don´t know what you mean exactly. I,ve checked neans before sending the file and everything was fine.
I took as base another civ module already in use in c2c, so there shouldn´t be any problem ... except the UU asigned, as i was told UU for neans was already created and i made the file easier to modify, just editing a word and no 5 paragraphs
If i miss some change in c2c style make me know

Here was just some of it

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13053978&postcount=1602

Also you need to post ALL your commits to the SVN thread, thx.

If we are going to evolve nations then all we need are the cultures and the bare essentials for each civ ie:
- graphics
- flag
- art style units and buildings could stay as the base ones with only cultural UUs being different​
- era it becomes available in
- era it is no longer available for new nations in the game from rev, colony or barb settling down
- leaders (names and graphics only probably) and diplomacy text
- city names​

That way when you evolve to a new nation you get the new art work, rename your developing leader and new cities start from the new list.

In other words I expect much of the work being done on new civilizations may be wasted.

If we are going to evolve nations then all we need are the cultures and the bare essentials for each civ ie:
- graphics
- flag
- art style units and buildings could stay as the base ones with only cultural UUs being different​
- era it is no longer available for new nations in the game from rev, colony or barb settling down
- city names​

That way when you evolve to a new nation you get the new art work, rename your developing leader and new cities start from the new list.

In other words I expect much of the work being done on new civilizations may be wasted.

An idea then, maybe we need the "regular" way then as an OPTION, might be better that way we get more flies with honey.

All I am saying is that all this work you, Sparth and AAranda are doing may end up being wasted.

What we need to get working are the art styles for the base nations (Oceania, Asia, South America, North America, Africa, Europe and Middle East) plus the cultural units.

then we need to discuss and start work on the whole evolving nations idea which is one of the things we wanted in C2C from the start. That discussion will determine what we need for the evolving civs and what work can be done when.

All I am saying is that all this work you, Sparth and AAranda are doing may end up being wasted.

What we need to get working are the art styles for the base nations (Oceania, Asia, South America, North America, Africa, Europe and Middle East) plus the cultural units.

then we need to discuss and start work on the whole evolving nations idea which is one of the things we wanted in C2C from the start. That discussion will determine what we need for the evolving civs and what work can be done when.

Well actually thats exactly what Sparth and I are doing, just making the basic 7 continent re-skins. every now and then something different but not really?? And the NEW civs AAranda is doing is the basic vultures that lead up to the main cultures, he started with Neanderthal, which i believe is around 50,00o years where we start C2C??

Maybe i am thinking wrong here, heck, your the boss, you let everyone know then ok, and especially Hydro OK, he's the main thinker for how C2C is being made (i believe:crazyeye::dunno:) thx.

'Available in' probably works, but 'no longer available' is not necessary. In the Zulu War(s) of the 1870s for example, the Industrial Era Brits fought Zulus that were pretty much still in the Prehistoric Era. It is fine and necessary for civs of vastly different eras to exist at the same time.

'Available in' probably works, but 'no longer available' is not necessary. In the Zulu War(s) of the 1870s for example, the Industrial Era Brits fought Zulus that were pretty much still in the Prehistoric Era. It is fine and necessary for civs of vastly different eras to exist at the same time.

[offtopic] Besides being of the the better movies made "Zulu." Great movie of a settlement (50 personnel) vs 1000's of units (Zulu warriors).

Then the mini series movie of Shaka was great also.

We wont want the generic ones turning up after a few cultures have become available. Other than that I agree.

- graphics
- flag
- city names​

Since the Civilization info file will contain all that information, linking the culture to the civilization and drawing then the info from the Civilization info files will be the most efficient way to do this anyhow. So, in short, I definitely don't think it will be a waste of time - we don't want to have to define these things for the cultures separately when we can just create a link between the two that draws a route to derive the information from. Such a link would be to create a tag on Civilization infos where we denote the 'bonus' of the culture that the civilization represents. Civilization infos then becomes a major hub for the whole evolving mechanism.

Am I making sense here?

As for leaders... this is one big reason I wanted to get the Leader Archtype project going - so that we may define a large plethora of leaders quite simply based on major archetype mix and match determinations as well as offer us the ability to have 'random' leader generation. There's a lot to that but for now just defining leaders (fully) for now will be necessary for the civilizations we add.

As for leaders... this is one big reason I wanted to get the Leader Archtype project going - so that we may define a large plethora of leaders quite simply based on major archetype mix and match determinations as well as offer us the ability to have 'random' leader generation. There's a lot to that but for now just defining leaders (fully) for now will be necessary for the civilizations we add.

I don't know how advanced Aarandra's modding skills are, but wouldn't this be a good project for him (or her?) then?

I don't know how advanced Aarandra's modding skills are, but wouldn't this be a good project for him (or her?) then?

Once the dll side of the project is complete yes. Absolutely! He obviously has a good understanding of leader values which would make him very capable there. RidetheSpiral was working on the xml side of it and had some things mostly planned out already... I'm still wondering if he could share what he'd managed to plan there with us.

I bumped the thread for this project so those interested could take a look. It really is quite important for us.

Top Bottom