C2C - Religions discussions and ideas

@JOseph

You asked I answered to your question why i want to expand current religion system.
I will rethink entire idea and post it into forum and you (coders) will decide is it worth to implement and expand this idea.

I was wondering if someone could tell me which C2C religions belong to which real life civilization

Rome =
Greece =
Egypt =

Thanks

I have added a generic founding movie to all those religions that currently don't have one. I am using the one here by Refar. To any artists out there read the doco in the thread and maybe create some unique (simple) images. Religions are Ngai, Yoruba, Bahai and Mormon. Thanks.

I have added a generic founding movie to all those religions that currently don't have one. I am using the one here by Refar. To any artists out there read the doco in the thread and maybe create some unique (simple) images. Religions are Ngai, Yoruba, Bahai and Mormon. Thanks.

Cool! :goodjob:

I realised afterword that I should have put the default one in for each religion so that a artist could just update the SVN rather than giving me the files and then I create the new one. I will fix this soon.

In the ideas thread there was a question about fleshing out Sikhism and Jainism, in particular their unique buildings, shrines and/or wonders. So I'm just reposting from there my ideas: to have Anandpur Sahib as a Sikh wonder (the Golden Gurdwara/Temple is the shrine I understand, which makes sense), and to change the Jain shrine to Mount Satrunjaya, and have the Statue of Bahubali as a wonder.

I have no idea as to the mechanics of these things at present, so I'm not going to suggest any bonuses to go with these. If I ever get a save into the era of these religions (maybe soon - I'm already in the Ancient Era lol), I might have some ideas.

Arn't there some religions still missing an entry in the... thingy that that pops up when you first learn it? Are those being worked on, or ? (If not, I could write one up if you guys don't want too)

Arn't there some religions still missing an entry in the... thingy that that pops up when you first learn it? Are those being worked on, or ? (If not, I could write one up if you guys don't want too)

If you mean the Technology screen then yes some are still missing their tech_quote. I am sure we would all be thankful if you would do them.

Ok, I can't do it today, WAY to much stuff going on, about to hop out to the doctors right now. Will try to look up which ones are still missing tomorrow.

I got Andean again but no religion. I can trade the Tech that gives Andean and the one I trade it too Then gets the religion. This has happened before.

JosEPh

I got Andean again but no religion. I can trade the Tech that gives Andean and the one I trade it too Then gets the religion. This has happened before.

JosEPh

THAT's odd. What religious options are you utilizing? Sounds like no DP, or LR or CR in this case right? Some very strange behavior there. I wonder if you could catch an autosave just before you earn the tech so I can profile some areas that could be bugged to see what's afoot there.

I am sure you know this already, but thought I would point it out in case it is in error, there is no Holy Capital building for Andeanism, the Great Prophet can make a building in every Holy City but Andeanism.

Edit: Also, finding an actual Quote from some of the older ones are impossible, sooo, would a idea or belief foundation work, or should we just make something up?

I am sure you know this already, but thought I would point it out in case it is in error, there is no Holy Capital building for Andeanism, the Great Prophet can make a building in every Holy City but Andeanism.

The Andean shrine is called Coricancha and I have had no trouble building it with a Great Prophet. I'll test it again as I just founded Andeanism in my current game. Edit the GP can build it.

Edit: Also, finding an actual Quote from some of the older ones are impossible, sooo, would a idea or belief foundation work, or should we just make something up?

yes

I don't know what you've got for Tengriism, but I've got a favourite quote that's attributed to Genghis Khan:

"Small I may be, yet am I much.
Terrible I may be, yet am I good."

Top Bottom