C2C SVN Changelog

Notepad++ allows you to search inside multiple files at once, amongst many other things too.

- moved buttons to HydroAndTB.FPK
- moved structures files outside HydroAndTB.FPK
- small changes in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

@Hydro and TB
update yours copies of HydroAndTB.FPK

Since I have a day off today I thought I'd take a look at how C2C had changed in the last year or so, so I attempted to update top the latest SVN and start a (single player, custom, but with defaults) game. However, I have not been able to get it to work (I get no UI so the game cannot be played - just have map with units, but nothing else).

See screenshot - also two Python stack dumps during first turn initialization (as per screenshot). I suspect the one whinging about missing widget types is the key issue...?

See: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-8NpLR09jeGbjA2UG5ieTRGd2s/view?usp=sharing

Since I have a day off today I thought I'd take a look at how C2C had changed in the last year or so, so I attempted to update top the latest SVN and start a (single player, custom, but with defaults) game. However, I have not been able to get it to work (I get no UI so the game cannot be played - just have map with units, but nothing else).

See screenshot - also two Python stack dumps during first turn initialization (as per screenshot). I suspect the one whinging about missing widget types is the key issue...?

See: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-8NpLR09jeGbjA2UG5ieTRGd2s/view?usp=sharing

That error is new, did you try a fresh checkout?

Regarding no UI, several people had this problem in early April. There is a thread on the first page of Bugs & Crashes subforum (where we should be hint hint).

I think this is a generic Civ4/BtS problem. I'm fairly sure it is discussed on the tech support subforum way back in the day. I think maybe switching between mods, or from vanilla to a mod, is when you get it.

I've forgotten the definitive solution, but I remember fixing it once by deleting contents of beyondthesword/CustomAssets (keep a backup somewhere). Deleting contents of Cache also might work. If your mod folder is not called Caveman2Cosmos, changing that might fix it also.

Nice to see you back on the scene Koshling.

user settings folder being empty
Which can happen if you're working with a totally fresh checkout. I seem to recall something along those lines too. Maybe take the mp svn user settings into the new checkout to get it to have something to refer to.

Also might have something to do with the bts init file settings somehow.

Maybe Koshling still has an older vesion of C2C in his Bts\Mods folder? Forgot to remove it?

And to state the obvious, if you start a new game with a new checkout you should manually go thru the Game set up Options to set them.

I bet it's something simple though.

JosEPh

I suggest using a dedicated shortcut which references a c2c specific ini file instead of the generic bts ini file. This will keep the user settings (which c2c has a larger list of options) from cross pollinating.

- fixed mapinguari_spearman pink button

- set correct unit styles for Llamas and Mammoths

- set correct unit styles for Bears, Zebras, Giraffes and Deers

- moved all buildings, great wonders, improvements and city models to structures.fpk
- removed dozedns of useless dds and nif files
- added back MipMapping to all structures texture files

- Added correct quote sound files for Geometry, Siege_Warfare, Seafaring and Sundial techs

- moved all not packed units textures/models files to proper fpk file

- added Mosaic_Working sound quote file

- fixed missing Native American great general icon bug

- fixed heraldry quote text and added Meritocracy sound quote

- added Canaanism audio quote

- main set of animals and subdue animals converted to newest subdue methods. I still have the ones in the other modules folders to do before I can remove the duplicate outcomes.

-Fixed promotion text "Max XP" is now "Max HP" as it should be.
-Hunting Instructions provide hunter I to visiting units. (This was an oversight, right?)
-Added new sabertooth animal art.
-Tweaked some of my animations.

- correct audio quotes for Canal Systems, Surveying, Charters and Buddhism techs

- correct ARCHITECTURE audio quote

Top Bottom