C2C SVN Changelog

Changed wrong era for Calculus to RENAISSANCE, Thx Hydro

And Yes its getting better in PreH especially the units parts as you mentioned, but that actually is a doubled edged sword, ie: Back in those day, really did anything change that much, heck no, so really its what really happened, but in a game setting as such (C2C) it does tend to get a little boring, no offense to anyone.
So i guess what i am trying to say "we" as modders have to come up with a way better solution with the PreH Era, for gameplay.

See my post on the GEM thread that talsk a bit about issues with happyness balance (i.e. - it's getting too easy on the very hardest setting). I don't care whetehr we address this via tweaks to resources and/or buildings (as I suggested in teh other thread) or possibly also through making the difficulty level curve steeper (add % unhealth/unhappy per population in the difficulty tags or something maybe), but right now its not possible to have a challenging game without doing so via a crippled start position.

Back in those day, really did anything change that much, heck no, so really its what really happened, but in a game setting as such (C2C) it does tend to get a little boring, no offense to anyone.
So i guess what i am trying to say "we" as modders have to come up with a way better solution with the PreH Era, for gameplay.

I still recommend an Ice Age Start.
It could be implemented with a focus on a retreating ice age with glaciers changing using the fall from heaven retreating ice script.

It should also follow the documented historical changes of sea line adjustment using approximate maps of sea level changes since so many cultures on coastlines were affected.
- Heck they are sure of some neolithic structures in the Great Lakes, off the coast of Egypt, England and France to the west, Malta, the Red Sea, and the North Sea, as well as the great flood of the black sea which could be a major random event. All these were documented in human times since 20,000 b.c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

National Geographic's proof
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/blacksea/

the History Channel's proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URPaMGjnCvU

http://phys.org/news/2012-03-coral-links-ice-ancient-mega.html

It is the age of early exploration where everything was a mystery to mankind,
I think some random behavior for the scattered tribes of mankind should be added. Barbarian nomads, like moving goody huts. I think Migration patterns for tribes, and why not herds/flocks of animals would spice things up. And why not find a way to add some simple fractal weather fronts if possible? (weather had such an impact on survivability of mankind, droughts - heck Ethiopia and Arabia, and even the North Sahara desert were fertile in early human history) Epic random events could make the start exciting for a lonely band of humans trying to make their way. Why not flooding coastlines? :)

I still recommend an Ice Age Start.
It could be implemented with a focus on a retreating ice age with glaciers changing using the fall from heaven retreating ice script.

It should also follow the documented historical changes of sea line adjustment using approximate maps of sea level changes since so many cultures on coastlines were affected.
- Heck they are sure of some neolithic structures in the Great Lakes, off the coast of Egypt, England and France to the west, Malta, the Red Sea, and the North Sea, as well as the great flood of the black sea which could be a major random event. All these were documented in human times since 20,000 b.c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

National Geographic's proof
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/blacksea/

the History Channel's proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URPaMGjnCvU

http://phys.org/news/2012-03-coral-links-ice-ancient-mega.html

It is the age of early exploration where everything was a mystery to mankind,
I think some random behavior for the scattered tribes of mankind should be added. Barbarian nomads, like moving goody huts. I think Migration patterns for tribes, and why not herds/flocks of animals would spice things up. And why not find a way to add some simple fractal weather fronts if possible? (weather had such an impact on survivability of mankind, droughts - heck Ethiopia and Arabia, and even the North Sahara desert were fertile in early human history) Epic random events could make the start exciting for a lonely band of humans trying to make their way. Why not flooding coastlines? :)

Some really good ideas here, i like it, but alas to implement it, might be a hard undertaking??

A couple of small fixed just pushed to SVN:
  • Fixed incorrect interpretation of show-defenses bit in the show buildings bitmask (was being interpretted as show non-defenses!)
  • Fixed nasty AI bug that meant the AI would always raze any captured cities in games with cultural victory disabled

rightfuture I think you should maybe edit out your last post and copy paste it in the ideas/discussion thread so not to clutter there work area

Pushed a small tweak to try to control the AI's fetish for trained dogs a bit!

pardon my ingorance but what exactly does this forum is about, is it like patch updates that update the game???

i honestly have no idea :(

pardon my ingorance but what exactly does this forum is about, is it like patch updates that update the game???

i honestly have no idea :(

It's a discusion for the SVN, which is a repository of the mod source code and XML, from which the release is built. Its available for upadte for modders, and for read for anyone that wants to play on ongoing work-in-progress builds rather than the previous release. Modders make all their chnages via the SVN so it always represents the 'latest' snapshot of C2C betwen releases (the upside of which is you get the latest new stuff, the downside is that it can be somewhat unstable at times). See head post of this thread for how to set it up an use it if you wish to.

Two small updates today:
  • Fixed the opportunity fire bug reported by Il Principe
  • Modified the handling of one-off production additions to cities (canonically slaughter outcomes from subdued animals) to process the hammers through the city's current process, if it is running a process (such as research)

So, if a city is running a process (research, gold, culture, espionage), the hammers from slaughter will now apply to the target of that process, using the conversion rate of the process concerned (rounded down, so low hammer slaughters with crappy processes will still result in some losses, but at least it doesn't just throw them away any more).

Slaughters when the city is producing a food-counts-as-hammers unit (workers and settlers) will behave as before, which is to say that the hammers go to the current production, but the food still goes to the city's food banks even though it's producing a food-as-hammers unit (they are not lost though).

Net result is that slaughtering never throws away food or hammers (at least except for losses through rounding)

Modified the handling of one-off production additions to cities (canonically slaughter outcomes from subdued animals) to process the hammers through the city's current process, if it is running a process (such as research)

So, if a city is running a process (research, gold, culture, espionage), the hammers from slaughter will now apply to the target of that process, using the conversion rate of the process concerned (rounded down, so low hammer slaughters with crappy processes will still result in some losses, but at least it doesn't just throw them away any more).

Slaughters when the city is producing a food-counts-as-hammers unit (workers and settlers) will behave as before, which is to say that the hammers go to the current production, but the food still goes to the city's food banks even though it's producing a food-as-hammers unit (they are not lost though).

Net result is that slaughtering never throws away food or hammers (at least except for losses through rounding)

Very interesting catch;)

A few minor tweaks:
  • Tweaked AI hunter and explorer production logic - will hopefully help them hunt more effectively
  • Made a tweak that I'm deliberately not going to describe in detail, that is intended to make life more interesting for people playing on higher difficulty settings :D

Fixed incorrect setting of worker/military trade enabling for the deer rider unit (see bugs thread)

Top Bottom