C3C PBEM: Escape from the Zombie Island - Game 1 - The Artificial Zombie

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
***GAME STARTED***

ESCAPE FROM THE ZOMBIE ISLAND 2
(Scenario created by KingArthur)

In this scenario, Zombies are very strong and if the humans don't unite, it is likely that the Zombies will rule the island by the end of the day. They are so strong they could win anyway!
But there will be only one victorious Civ! So, the human players will still be competing against each other.

Will humanity beat the computer\zombie monster or will jealousy and competition make the day for the undead?

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
You need to download the scenario in order to play. It is highly advisable to play the scenario beforehand in order to get a feel for it.
The scenario is rather small, with only a few buildings ("cities") so it shouldn't take too long.

Scenario Thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=84912

GAME 1 - THE ARTIFICIAL ZOMBIE
The Survivors - Cloner4000
The Authorities - Luthor
The Company - fe3333au
Zombies - AI

SPECIAL RULES
- Nukes can be used freely if Authorities have no controled buildings on the island.
- Nukes can be used next turn if >=50% (that means Auth+other player) approve
- Auth don't have to say the target when requesting permission (which means you could authorize a Nuke against yourself!)

Damn you beat me to it Luther :lol: ... was just waiting for qliches to be ironed out ... and :bday: events to settle down :blush: ... I'm in :goodjob:

Tasmania, Australia
GMT+10
E-mail flamingeye <at> optusnet <dot> com <dot> au

As this is a public and not a private game ... :mischief: can I suggest that we make it a fun thing for Lurkers with plenty of screenies and descriptive postings

Also I use spoilers to outline stratergies, reports and behind the scene e-mailing ... feel free to view my current games ... :nono: unless we are playing ... link thro' my sig for more info ... ;) makes it easy to keep track of the game ...

E-mail me to confirm ... however I will not join if the thread is not used by the players ... one of my games has stalled due to half the players not posting

EDIT - Don't mind but Company would be groovy to play :cooool:

EDIT2 - Maybe someone ... not me ... could be Zombies :)

@ Luthor_Saxburg : Bon dia ! If you need someone else, I volunteer for the butchering ! Do I need references ?

@ Cloner : you are probably mistaking PBEMs with online MP. The advantage of PBEM is we don't need to be synchro. The shortcoming is it is much slower.

@ fe3333au : I agree we can have some fun and gory comments in this game !

Just thinking there is nothing stopping 2 games to be started at once ... so I suggest that anyone who wants should post on this thread :thumbsup:

fe3333au said:
EDIT2 - Maybe someone ... not me ... could be Zombies :)
My initial thoughts are that the Zombies are best and most appropriately played by an artificial "intelligence". I think a human player could really win quite easily with the zombies; however, it might be fun to test that idea?

Luthor_Saxburg said:
Will humanity beat the computer\zombie monster or will jealousy and competition make the day for the undead?

Hee Hee, that is an interesting thought you have there. Knowing human behaviour I'd say competition will come out but in subtle ways at first, like drawing the zombies towards your opponents buildings, taking out the odd unit here and there with hidden nationality units, or just turning a blind eye to the plight of your fellow human beings (shame on you) :) And if someone looks like winning I expect all out confrontation!!

Are you going to have special rules for nukes ? I'd suggest no nukes until the Authorities no longer control any buildings on the island.

:hmm: Nukes ... :evil:

In the pbem's I'm playing, I've been checking on the Lurker factor and have altered my game play to make it fun for the 'audience' hence the spoiler info ... 40-50ish non-player visits of the thread after each posting is the average :rolleyes:

Perhaps the Authority player can request the 'Last Resort' Nuke option from Prez ... the Prez decision is based on democratic vote ... :D

Lurkers vote ... maybe PM to player or directly on the thread ... a certain percentage must be achieved

% YES votes required before the Nuke Option is allowed
Total <50% = disallowed revote 2 turns later :nono: :cry:
Total <90% = disallowed revote Next turn :mad:
Total 90+% = :eek: Duck, Roll, Cover :nuke:

What do you guyz think :mischief:

LouLong you are right I have mistaken and I have no idea how to play that, nor the online play :p. So I 'll just watch ppl play plus I suks if I died :) so I'll spill others blood and brains muwahahahaha....

Great! For 6 days, nobody wanted to play. :sad:
Now, we can start 2 games!!! :D

@King Arthur, would you give us the honour or playing or is that too dubious (it's a bit like playing Civ1 vs Sid Meiers)?

Only one person has stated his choice, so I will put the names randomly. As for my self, I can play anything. Based on my experience vs the AI, I will surely lose! I put my name in both games, but don't have to be in both games if more players appear.

Also, I place my suggestion for the nuke rule, which is open to discussion, of course. This game only has 3/4 human players so the % has to be between 50% (2) and 100% (4). And if one is AI, then 75% means all the humans.

GAME1 - The Artificial Zombie
The Survivors - Cloner4000
The Company - fe3333au
The Authorities - Luthor
The Zombies - AI

RULES (Proposal)
=============
- Nukes can be useded freely if Authorities have no controled buildings on the island.
- Auth don't have to say the target when requesting permission (which means you could authorize a Nuke against yourself!) :suicide:

GAME2 - The King Zombie
The Survivors - Loulong
The Company - Luthor
The Authorities - Spetznaz
The Zombies - King Arthur(?)

RULES (Proposal)
=============
- Nukes can be used freely vs the Zombies territory!
- Nukes can be used freely if Authorities have no controled buildings on the island.
- Auth don't have to say the target when requesting permission (which means you could authorize a Nuke against yourself!) :evil:

Hmm...Looks good,I just have to play with the Authorities a little more(I'm pretty rusty with Authorities)

Amendum - regarding the nuke rules ... I was thinking of lurkers voting :) ... and maybe adding a target as KingArthur suggests ... but anything will do ...

I usually play and send in less than a day ... however bit birthday busy ... back on-line early next week :goodjob:

Oh and thanks for organising this Luther ...

Damn yet another question ... do we all post on this thread? ... if we are then players should label the game in their turn descriptions ... :crazyeye:

@fe3333au,
My suggestion is that both games place the comments here. If if get's too confusing, we can always split it later.

@Cloner4000,
download the game (the thread is indicated in post #1) and try it a bit. Don't be suprise you get smashed around by the Zombies. I never won the game vs the Zombies! I specially advice taking a closer look at the advisory comments as well as to read a few of the building improvements comments!
Please PM me your email!

@Spetznatz, please PM me your email.

If there is no more players, I guess we can start after you've send me your emails. I guess both games will be vs the AI.
BTW, my time zone is GMT.

Top Bottom