• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C3C PBEM: Escape from the Zombie Island - Game 1 - The Artificial Zombie

Something in the Customer Services building is a pre-required to the issuing of the Press Release ... which was the Final Step for the Company to do and win. :D

fe3333au said:
Something in the Customer Services building is a pre-required to the issuing of the Press Release ... which was the Final Step for the Company to do and win. :D

Isn't it the Spin Doctors (PR folk) resource? Don't you just need to build a Scavenger and then place a colony there? Can't remember if the Company has scavengers in this version but they do in the current one.

Oh and just to say gents, it would be great if you could furnish me with a list of things you feel needs changed. I'll be making one more final update to this scenario.

well ACTUALLY I CAN STILL WIN if I can take the airport, but that's only until at least 24 turns laters, it seems that survivor has a longer tech tree.

However, if all of you want to end the game, I am fine with it, I must say this is my first and absolutely the BEST one I'll ever play,and I have no objection of making this into a story and if you need my help I would gladly help out. I also tried to make it into a story but it turn out to be too big of a project for me.

The scavenger was not available in this old version.

I think most of the things have been changed ...
However, I was frustrated that Company could not research beyond a certain level ... and probably if the buildings couldn't be destroyed would be a good idea.

I'll think about it some more :D

fe3333au said:
The scavenger was not available in this old version.

I think most of the things have been changed ...
However, I was frustrated that Company could not research beyond a certain level ... and probably if the buildings couldn't be destroyed would be a good idea.

I'll think about it some more :D

I am going to remove the research rate caps for the next (final) release - they cause the research rate to be reset each turn which is very annoying for the player especially those who like to micromanage.

As to razing of buildings - there is nothing in the editor settings that can prevent this. Sure, I can make it less likely that the AI will raze a building but I have no control over what a human player will do (especially one as unpredictable as Luthor_Saxburg ;)).

fe3333au said:
Something in the Customer Services building is a pre-required to the issuing of the Press Release ... which was the Final Step for the Company
Maybe this pre-requirement could be removed. I don't know exactly the rationale behind this but this could be the way to prevent such a situation without forbidding erasing of buildings (which I think should be allowed).

KingArthur said:
I have no control over what a human player will do (especially one as unpredictable as Luthor_Saxburg
Hey, thanks for the compliment! :p

BTW, I got two scavangers from one of the Company buildings when I conquered\destroyed it. I'm not sure why...

I understand you all being tired and waiting to end the game, but the survivors could actually still win without killing everyone else... off course they would have to take the airport which is now impossible! :cool:

I also wonder what would happen if the game would end without anybody winning... technically there would have to be a winner, no? Who would it be? The zombies?

Luthor_Saxburg said:
Maybe this pre-requirement could be removed. I don't know exactly the rationale behind this but this could be the way to prevent such a situation without forbidding erasing of buildings (which I think should be allowed).
I'm a bit hazy on the details so I'll need to look in the editor but this could be a plan.

Luthor_Saxburg said:
Hey, thanks for the compliment! :p
that's ok, that was quite a turn when you took out those Company buildings.

Luthor_Saxburg said:
BTW, I got two scavangers from one of the Company buildings when I conquered\destroyed it. I'm not sure why...
It's set that way in the editor - normally it's a worker but you can set it to any unit.

Luthor_Saxburg said:
I also wonder what would happen if the game would end without anybody winning... technically there would have to be a winner, no? Who would it be? The zombies?
What have the zombies got left in terms of buildings? Have Monster Zombies appeared yet?

The Zombies had 1 or 2 buildings left. I don't think there were monster zombies yet.

Anyway, here is the end of my turn for whoever wants to take a look.

It has one more, the research center itself, I took out the the cinema.
I have a feeling that once the building switch hands the resource disappear, as I can't build mean machines because of the lack of machinary.
As I say, I prefer to have the food production close to this one as the new version really limit me as to the population growth and in the long run the supplies.

As to me winning, it would be hard for me as I can't build mean machines to attack his marines and tanks as my chaingun girl are probably not enough to attack the authority head on. I think this would be best call a draw. Since Company are really CLOSE to winning and Authorities are in okay condition and I can defend my cities but don't have enough armies to defeat authorities.

It seems that if we played against Zombie AI with three humans, the zombie are too weak to really put up a fight. Maybe there should be a special version for MP

However, the main issue are the disappearing resources.

Hmm, the Machinery resource should never disappear. Could be the version you were playing with never had it in?!?

I will continue to play for testing purposes if required.

As to the razing ... I thought that it was due to no culture ... didn't think about Luthor razing city :D

Well done btw ;)

KingArthur said:
It's set that way in the editor - normally it's a worker but you can set it to any unit.
But I got scavangers from conquering OR razing the city\building?

Fe3333, if you do whatever I did to get scavagers, that means you can get scavangers and still win in a formal way! If you can surpass my customer service defense, that is! :evil:

I am thinking of the best way to do this, when I get around to it ... I will definitely send PM to you and Luthor to prrof read ;)

Top Bottom